• 327 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2906 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Double Jump in Game Lobbies

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ddgolfer04, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Hello All!

I would like to introduce you to a very simple idea I have been thinking about. Now this thread will not be long due to how simple this idea really is. I have been wanting to post this idea to see what you all think about for awhile now. I am now finally sharing this openly now as of now.

So as you can see by the title. I think its safe to say that everyone double jumps without even thinking about it in the normal lobby, right? One day I noticed myself trying to double jump while in a game lobby waiting for the game to start. I then thought to myself why couldn't the double jump affect also be added to game lobbies as well? It has always felt so natural to me, and I easily catch myself trying to double jump in game lobbies all the time when you obviously cant. Now that you see the overall view of this idea. It is time to talk about the issues with implementing it, and other problems with the idea. Now I think this would be an easy implementation for the developers here, and would not have a problem by implementing this. This is such a simple idea that I honestly do not see any issues with the idea or what it could cause. I would not think it would affect anything with exploits in the game lobby. So I really do not see any problems with this idea, but if you do I would very much appreciate if you explained an issue with this idea.

Overall, this is a very simple idea that could get implemented very easily by the developers. I would not see anybody disagreeing with this idea because of it splitting up the player base as you would have the option to double jump, or you do not have to. It would not split up the player base at all, in my opinion because it is not one or another. It is simply whatever you feel at that time. Anyways, feel free to leave any kind of feedback, modifications, or issues with the idea!

Posted Jan 17, 2020
  2. Hey!

I love this idea! I would really like something like this added into game lobbies to add some more fun to them. Sure, there are cosmetics that can make you jump high or fly, I think double jumping would be great, as you wouldn’t have the hassle of having to put on and disable these cosmetics. I think this is such a simple change and I think it should be added as a simple quality of life change. Overall, this is a great, simple idea and I believe it should be implemented. Thanks for the post!

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    Zomaholic and ddgolfer04 like this.
  3. Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with this idea. It sounds like an interesting concept and I would be lying if I said I haven't wanted to do it before. I would like to see this implemented, and think it would be a great addition for the server. However, I think it might be helpful to include this as a preference with the /prefs menu. Although at the end of the day it's not that big of a deal, considering there's parkour in lobbies it might get in the way with that. I think that by default double jumping should be enabled, but anyone has the option to turn it off in game lobbied.

Anyways, good idea!

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    ddgolfer04 likes this.
  4. Hi!

I do not see anything wrong with this idea (besides one.) You are right, you can catch yourself double jumping in game lobbies because you are so used to it doing it in lobbies but you can’t double jump. The only problem I have with it is the parkour in game lobbies. It would take away the fun of that, because you can simply double jump to the top. To add on to this, I think you should make it where when you enter the area where the parkour is, your double jump would be disabled so you can not cheat through the parkour. Overall, I like this idea!

Have a good day/night!

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    ddgolfer04 likes this.
  5. I agree with this idea! Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't been added to the game yet. As people said above the only problem is the parkour. But it's not like you win anything from the parkour, you win a good sense of accomplishment I guess...

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    ddgolfer04 likes this.
  6. Hi there!

I really don't see anything wrong with this idea either I honestly don't know why it wasn't added from the start but maybe it wasn't added for some certain reason but otherwise I don't see much of an issue. +1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    ddgolfer04 likes this.
  7. I wouldn't mind seeing double jumps in normal in-game lobbies. It would be a fun QoL feature, and since it already exists in normal lobbies, there wouldn't be anything wrong with bringing it into game lobbies. I particularly like @saltyfishhy 's idea of making it a preference in /prefs.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    ddgolfer04 likes this.
  8. Hey! I would like to see this added. Since it's probably something simple for the developers to do. I've also tried to double jump in-game lobbies forgetting that I can't. I also like @saltyfishhy idea about adding this into /prefs to make it toggleable.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    ddgolfer04 likes this.
  9. I personally also use the double jump feature in Lobbies quite often; it's an easier way to transport across the substantially large lobby map. If this was to get implemented, I too see it as a small QoL change and that doesn't require as much development time as the feature already exists in main lobbies (Lobby-#). I don't think it would encourage nor affect any type of exploitation in Game Lobbies as well because players can use alternative features such as the Ethereal Pearl or morphs for instance.

My main concern is whether it's really needed or not. Sure, it's a nice small feature to add that won't require much time to add, but would it be used widely? In main Lobbies (Lobby-#) for instance, the main reason for adding the double jump feature is to travel across the map faster since it's somewhat enormous. I honestly don't see this used as much; players can alternatively use ethereal ender pearls or morphs such as the Wither morph if they have the rank Legend and above.

Furthermore, It might slightly affect us staff; usually, we would see some movement hacking offences committed in Game Lobbies. Adding this feature of double jumping might slightly affect how fast we decide on whether a player is found guilty of say flight hacking for instance or not. It could possibly lead to false bans in terms of staff members mistakenly punishing players that are lagging for Fly hacking. These scenarios though aren't seen nor experienced frequently as Staff members are trained well and shouldn't mistake double jumping for flying, but at the end of the day, we are also human and can make mistakes from time to time.

Overall, I'll give this idea a +1. Even with the negatives of this idea, I don't think they majorly affect whether this should be added and I think this idea is a small QoL change that shouldn't cause many problems.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    stinkiy, Im_Ken and ddgolfer04 like this.
  10. lich, imo it wouldn’t be that hard to distinguish fly or double jumping. i see a lot of crazy fly hacks in game lobbies, and those aren’t double jumps.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  11. Yes I absolutely agree and I stated that it’s not frequent and minimal, but what I’m trying to say is that we are still human at the end of the day and just wanted to address this concern. It’s a possibly that might happen but most likely wouldn’t which is why it didn’t majorly affect my decision regarding why I think this idea should be implemented.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  12. i guess you kinda have a point, lich. after all, everyone makes mistakes, and i’m not going to cause a flame war on this.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  13. I would love to see a preference in the /prefs menu added for this idea! I totally understand some players who might not want to have this in game lobbies, and would rather use their cosmetics instead of a double jump affect. Like you said, this could get in the way of the parkour. However, you do not get anything out of the parkour, and is kind of there just for yourself. If players wanted to do it legit, then they would have the choice to take their double jump affect off. Anyways, thank you for all your feedback!

Like I have already said, for players who would want to do the parkour correctly. They would have the choice to turn their double jumps off with the preference in the /pref menu. I would prefer a preference instead of making certain areas a no double jump area. Because players would have the option of taking this away for themselves, or enabling it. I do not think it would take away the fun because, once again, if the player wanted to do the parkour for fun legitimately. Then they could take off their double jumps. And even if players where to jump to the top of the parkour. Players can actual can get to the top of the parkour at this moment with cosmetics such as morphs or mounts. So I would say it would not affect the parkour. They would not receive anything for doing so. Anyways, thank you for your feedback!

To start off, I totally understand how it could be seen as not necessary. However, even though it might not be as necessary as it is in normal lobbies. I do think that players would use this a lot due to how natural it feels to them, and such. The main thing that would benefit the players location wise would be to get to a certain area of the game lobby like the parkour or cave areas. More importantly, it could be used to get to kit classes and team selections faster. Some players do not realize that the game is starting so soon, and would be to late to choose their kit and team selections. While you can re-select kits at the beginning of the game, for certain games, this could definitely benefit players when there is a short amount of time to select your kit and team. So I wouldn't say it is totally unnecessary because of these things I have stated, but I can see how you looked at the idea overall. Next is this idea affecting the staff. I really do not have a lot to say to this part of your reply, but I am going to try my best here. So to start off, I think it would be necessary to make sure staff members are aware of the implementation of this idea. If this idea does get implemented. While I could see the confusion of whether or not to punish a player. I would just have to say that the staff members should treat the game lobbies as if they were normal lobbies. However the staff members treat the normal lobbies. I think that it would work best for them to treat the game lobbies the same. I totally understand staff members are human too. You guys can make mistakes time to time and that and that is fine! As long as every situation is looked at with care, and not just banning players because it may seem that they are flying without taking lag into consideration. Anyways, thank you for your feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 18, 2020
    THELichCA likes this.
  14. Hey!
    First off I think it's a really unique idea and I see a lot of players using this in game lobbies because people already love this feature in hub lobbies because it allows them to move a lot faster. I see it as an easy QoL change that could be implemented quite easily by our Dev team, however I don't find it really necessary. Usually when I join a game lobby I'm only in there for a minute max before the game starts which wouldn't give you a lot of time to actually use the double jump feature if implemented. Like I said I like the idea and while I do believe people would use it if it's available, I just don't think there is enough time in the game lobby for players to use it consistently.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  15. I am going to say some similar things that I said before when I replied to Lich. Now there are many ways to look at this idea; however, I am only seeing one way you are looking at this. The way you are looking at it is how much time the players would have to be able to do this feature. Now I completely agree, there really is not a lot of time to use this in game lobbies. However, this idea can be looked at several other ways. For example, this feature can help get to kits or team selections last second when some players are late to selecting these things. With double jumps, it would make it much faster to get to these things last second. It can also be used to easily transport to parts of the island. Like going from the spawn area to the parkour on one of the sides of the game lobby. This would benefit players to getting from one place to another on the game lobby. Another thing is in MPS's. Some players like to just sit in their MPS until someone joins, or until whenever they feel like starting a game. So double jumps could get used consistently if this were the case. So, no, there might not be a whole lot of time to use this feature, but it benefits the players that need to get to kits or team selections quick!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 18, 2020
  16. Hello,
    After reading this thread and its replies, I could honestly go either way with this idea. On one hand, many have said that they would really love to have this addition in game lobbies and that they would use it often. On the other hand, as @THELichCA said, it really isn't as necessary in the smaller game lobbies and it could arise some very minor moderation issues. Personally, I have never felt as though the lack of double jump in game lobbies was something that I need to traverse around it while waiting for the game to start. By the time you vote for the map and pick your kit, there really isn't much time to move around much. As for the moderation issue, it is true that it could possibly make it harder to distinguish from fly or maybe even bunny hop in some cases. In most cases, it would be clear cut as to whether a player is cheating or not, but it should still be kept in mind nonetheless. Overall, I personally do not think this is necessary, however, being such a minor change, I would not be opposed to the addition of double jump in game lobbies if many players really want to see this changed. For these reasons, I will give a +0. Thank you for suggesting this, have a nice day!

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    THELichCA likes this.
  17. Hey there!

It's an interesting idea, but there are pros and cons to this idea. Sure, it could be a fun little feature while waiting for a game, and since we're so used to double jump in the lobby, we would probably be using it a lot in the Game Lobbies.

However, many people have said that this might not be necessary for the Development Team to focus on this right now. I mean, sure it's a fun feature, but the Game Lobby is not really that big, and it can be more like a mess when you're in the Game Lobby with lots of players double jumping here and there. I think that we have the Double Jump feature in the regular lobbies because the map there is huge, and it's more effective to Double Jump to move around more quickly rather than jumping normally, and I don't really see this needed in a smaller lobby.
    We are in the Game Lobby for a short amount of time, and even though it could be fun to Double Jump around, I don't really find this that necessary and useful as it is in the regular lobbies. To me, enabling Double Jump in the Game Lobby makes the lobby more like a mess.

To summarize, I think it would be fun but it's not that necessary to have this enabled. If the Development Team is capable of implementing this soon, then I think it's worth a shot. But, if they are very busy with other things, this would not be an idea that would be focused on at the moment. I'll give this a 0.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  18. I would suggest reading my replies to Lich and Epicbuilder. Both replies are similar I just do not think it is necessary to wright another similar reply again. However, in both replies I talk about agreeing that how you could see this idea as "Not Necessary" and other factors that help come to a conclusion that this idea is not fully not necessary. As this feature could both help players choose last second kits, and how it could be used in MPS's. So I would definitely guide you towards my previous replies! Thanks for all of your feedback in the end though!

Before I respond to everything other than the idea being "Not Necessary" I would also suggest that you read my earlier replies! I do understand that there are more important ideas that solve bigger problems; I totally understand that. However, this idea would not take as long as some implementations on other ideas. This idea would just be a small QoL feature idea that would not take long for the Developers to implement. So, yes, I agree there are better problems to worry about, and implementations that help solve those problems. However, this idea would not take long for the Development team to implement, and in the end would be a minor implementation. I also see where you are coming from saying that it would be a mess with a bunch of players double jumping at once. However, since the preference was added to this idea, not all the players would be double jumping. Even though the game lobby is not that big you still have a short amount of time until the game starts. Saying this, this feature would help you get to certain parts of the game lobby faster since you do not have that much time to spend in the game lobby. I thank you for your feedback as well!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 20, 2020
  19. Although this really is not needed, it would be nice to be able to double jump in game lobbies. There's really no reason why we shouldn't be able to and (to be honest) I forgot we couldn't until I saw this thread and tried it out for myself. I doubt this will be focused on at this moment, but it would be a nice addition to see.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    ddgolfer04 likes this.

20. I understand the points, and I also said that it's worth a shot if the Developers have the time to implement something like this. The reason why I said that the Developers may not have the time is because it's a lot of work being a developer, and we don't know how much work they have to do or not, so this would not be a high priority. But overall, it's worth a try :)

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    ddgolfer04 likes this.