• 3089 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11726 Players Online
  • 8637 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Dont Get Rid of Frosting Slowness

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Gendo, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Scummy is okay :D - Besides platting is available to every kit as you can buy them in the shop :>

Posted Apr 8, 2020
    FluteVegetables and KerbalBoy like this.
  2. In pub games - very correct :D

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  3. you make it sound like it’s extremely easy to just get someone in a suffo? throwing a few snowballs is way easier, there’s no comparison. builder is good because of its versatility and utility; camping bridges, getting to beacons quicker, spamming suffo on the cake when it’s being eaten.

i agree that builder and frosting are the best 2 kits in the game, but you think builder is broken for the complete wrong reason, and you justify your reason with “ive been a builder main for a long time”? bro i’ve been a builder main for my whole nearly 8000 wins, you can’t just easily suffocate someone, especially not of they have a brain

Posted Apr 8, 2020
    Xukuwu and SpitefulNick like this.
  4. Mineplex should just re-work on a new kit and remove frosting.

1.- Horse got replaced - SG
    2. Destructor got replaced - SKY
    3. (Frosting gets replaced) - CW ?

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  5. Frick it lets just make builder the achievement kit LMFAO

Posted Apr 8, 2020
    FluteVegetables and KerbalBoy like this.
  6. If they remove frosting probably the only useful kit will be builder

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  7. I agree in a big degree with this statement - many people who have it just spam it if you have slowness you basically can't help yourself really. I believe the game needs to be skill-based and making it to not be able to just spam snowballs make the other person slow which is already a huge advantage but at the same time, you can combo. It does need the slowness removed in my opinion.
    Many people often use the statement that it takes a lot of time to get it which is correct but not near enough for them to have such an advantage. I personally got all the achievements in 5 hours (except the one where you need wins) and it really wasn't that hard. Truth is if a player has frosting and is good as well they can just farm kills and they can become unstoppable. That's just my opinion i hope people who disagree see this perspective as well

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  8. scummy is not okay, it takes the fun out of the game in both cases. imo something should also be done about plat spamming (like a cooldown or even straight up removal) alongside the frosting nerf, but the method is still nowhere near as OP as frost.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  9. I have been a builder main for my 7000 wins and suffoing is literally the easiest thing to do in the entire game. Sure throwing a few snowballs is easy but starting a combo right after requires more than just the throwing of those snowballs. In any actual try hard game its the easiest to suffocate 2 players at once and take the 1v1. But frosting requires much more of a brain than builder. In other words - frosting is somewhat skill dependent. Which is why I think frosting is fine the way it is right now.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  10. It takes the fun out of the game? Bro I literally die of laughter spamming both enemies and teammates with plats. It's probably one of the most fun things to do in a cake wars game.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  11. LOL but builder doesn't require a brain to use which is why its a starter kit.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  12. Without the slowness, the name "Frosting" wouldn't really make sense. The whole point of the kit is to slow down your opponent, allowing time for you to get in that sweet combo and kill them. However, I do find the slowness annoying. In conclusion, I don't think they should remove the slowness entirely, but maybe nerf it in some way (e.g. reducing the amount of time you are slowed down for or decreasing the slowness ranking).

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  13. I mean Frosting could also be considered as a play on words (Frosting on the cake). And of course the slowness is annoying. But all kits (except for warrior) have the potential to annoy someone to the point of rage quitting. Getting suffocated over a bridge and being spleefed/ receiving slowness in a 1v1 over and over and losing to it/ Getting shot off by an archer kit or spleefed and GWEN'ed. I think just because a kit has an annoying perk - it doesn't mean it should be removed. I think if they buffed Archer kit with a 1 time purchasable bow and keep it in their inventory permanently and also added a significant healing buff to warrior (or possible a better sword when spawned) the game would be balanced enough.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
    lotix likes this.
  14. Slow pots instead (haha just kidding... Unless????)

Posted Apr 9, 2020
    Flame likes this.
  15. True, but I think in the grand scheme of things the naming is really a trivial issue. Worst case scenario, the name of the kit is simply renamed. What is an issue however is the unfair upside of the kit, which while should certainly be better than all the other kits being an achievement kit and all, is simply too OP when used by a well-versed PvP player. There's so much you can do - you can knock players off bridges, use it as a combo starter, slow down players when chasing them, slow them mid-air when they're in the middle of a jump causing them to fall and the list goes on. I reckon it's a bit too much, and that by taking away the slowness ability of the snowballs, we would really be able to balance out the kit well. It would still have a ton of upside to it - knocking people off bridges, acting as a combo starter, etc. But this is just my two cents.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
    KerbalBoy and lotix like this.
  16. Hey!

Personally I love the idea that Frosting gives the enemy slowness. I don’t thinks it’s fair that an achievement kit only has some regular snowballs and the slowness gives it some worth to work for as an achievement kit. That being said, a lot of players don’t agree with the slowness and as such, it’s only right that it is removed. What I’d love to see is maybe a new feature on the kit so that it isn’t nerfed to a pretty basic kit because after all you need all the achievements for it... Maybe even keep it how it is but allow snowballs to be purchased in the emerald shop - this would work like platforms.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  17. I agree, the naming is a side issue. But I disagree with the 'unfair upside' of the kit. If it really was this broken, having a frosting kit on your team would give you 'an unfair advantage' against a team who doesn't have one. And in all the games I play the only real advantage I have seen is in a 1v1 where they slow and combo. Which is the entire purpose of the kit. And even then advanced frosters can still lose those against other valiant players. In other words, if a good player with frosting destroys a team that isn't that good - they would've done the same with any other kit. And frosting is certainly not a guarantee to a win in a well-matched 4v4. I think the kit is fine as it is. Sure it might be annoying - but that's part of its charm. If you take away it's slowness the kit will be either trialed and used as a rod with 4 durability or it will be ditched right away and replaced by its strong competitor: Builder.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  18. Personally, I enjoy the idea of having a kit that could be used as a rod tricking kind of style and for that it wouldn’t really need the slowness. However, I feel like it should not be fully nerfed by removing the slowness and instead just be percent based. For example, the kit should have four snowballs and have a 25% chance of each snowball providing slowness. I feel like this would be the best of both worlds as it would be a significant nerf, but wouldn’t be entirely changing the structure of the kit and what makes it good.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  19. I think having a percent for slowness to activate would make it even worse. It becomes unreliable. I've noticed people saying that frosty is a good way to knock people off bridges, but it is very difficult to do so, especially when archer can do it easily. Perhaps balancing the kits more would be better. Keep the slowness, (decrease the time of it perhaps?), give archer a bow like what was mentioned earlier, give warrior a stone sword, to counteract, or at least better help if you get rushed. (Maybe even put knockback one on the wood sword instead?) Builder I personally feel is fine how it is with the build platforms.

Like other people have previously mentioned, if a frosting is going to rush you and kill you, odds are they would kill you anyways. In a 4v4 situation, they're likely able to kill you once, or at least some of you, which would lead to frosting becoming pointless anyways due to spawn immunity and them being in leather armor.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  20. Not the fun for you lmao, the fun of the rest of the damn lobby. I'm sure it's fun for me to turn on 4 block and straightline people too, but that diminishes the quality of the game for everyone else.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
    cerns, FluteVegetables and KerbalBoy like this.