• 3375 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12475 Players Online
  • 9100 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Dont Get Rid of Frosting Slowness

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Gendo, Apr 5, 2020.

1. I feel like there are better ways to nerf Frosting Kit. An example is lowering the number of slowballs you can have from 4 to 3. I feel like if we get rid of the slowness you are getting rid of the point of the kit and why the kit is fun. Many people spent hours and hours working for this kit and it sucks if the main point of the kit is removed. Anyway yeah that's just my two sense on it. Thanks!

Posted Apr 5, 2020
    Loofii, Paiynz, anthxny and 4 others like this.
  2. The main point of the kit is to be a rod-like combo starter , which is still very much doable without the added slowness. The slowness was what made the kit so gamebreaking-ly OP and as such should definitely be removed. There was no reason for it to be added in the first place. The only difference now is that you have to actually be good to utilize the kit instead of getting handicap hits from someone slowed for 2 and a half seconds.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  3. I partially agree with this but do think it should probably be nerfed a little bit, I feel like if there was a 25% chance at giving slowness then it would be nerfed enough and fair enough for gameplay purposes. With a nerf like this though, I feel as if the number of snowballs you can have should be a maximum of 5 instead of 3 and instead just making it so you get one snowball every 10 seconds.
    So to conclude, I think it should be nerfed but not so it gets rid of slowness completely.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
    anthxny, oCassi and xSusieLove like this.
  4. I agree with this however I feel like if they were to add a rod into the brick shop the snowball kit wouldn't need to be nerfed.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  5. it that's the point then why not just have a rod instead of snowballs, most players are more comfortable with a rod anyway

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 5, 2020
  6. Somebody understands me.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
    KerbalBoy likes this.
  7. I agree, I'm putting a lot of time into getting the kit and I would be pretty disappointed if they removed the essential part of the kit. I also believe they should set the amount of snowballs to a lower amount so that it's a bit more fair instead of removing the slowness entirely.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  8. because a rod is spammable, which makes it incredibly OP when fighting a player who doesn't have such a weapon. The point of the snowballs was to have a rod-like item, but one that can only be used once or twice per fight to start a combo.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
    Jaek, Xukuwu, KerbalBoy and 1 other person like this.
  9. pFt idk wHAt uR tAlkIng aBoUt fRosT iS tHe fAirEsT kIt mInEplEx eVeR aDdeD

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  10. Those starting hits are way too lethal, and thus allowing for combos in which the enemy may not recover. Frosting is always complained of in-game as well, and it's a needy change. From what I see, it's not justifiable to cut down a snowball in favour of still keeping slowness. It still makes the kit overpowered. Whilst I totally understand that many people worked hard to get this kit, it should still be re-worked to make gameplay fair for everyone. That's achievable by removing slowness in my eyes, although, there can be possible alternatives.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  11. I'm not really sure how I feel about this. Of course I agree that frosting is a very annoying kit to fight against, when the player somewhat has an idea of what they are doing. But it would almost be too weak with completely removed slowness. It would just become a worse rod, which sounds fine until you compare that with the other kits' advantages. Not everyone with frosting uses it anyway.

The most frustrating things about the kit are
    1) people who can't pvp very well winning fights they wouldn't win without frosting, and
    2) how really good players can dominate.

Removing slowness would sort problem 1, but then a lot of those people would stop using frosting, apart from a few. Yes, the problems would mainly be solved, but the kit as a whole would become a bit... redundant and pointless, as so few use it.

I most like the idea of lowering the probability of slowness, as suggested by Samfray, but I think it's not necessary to increase number of snowballs.
    The suggestion from the OP doesn't really solve the main thing, which is that slowness is a pain to fight against.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  12. Builder's more broken tho

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  13. yEaH mAn fOr sUrE

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  14. Brooooo this is coming from a builder main - Being able to plat someone and take a 1v1 and then kill the other dude who is platted is way better than being able to use frost to win a 1v1.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    anthxny and Infui like this.
  15. By no means am I an expert on Cake Wars, but I don't personally see an issue with the Frosting kit's slowness. Snowballs' slowness is arguably no more useful than the Builder's ability to build bridges and generate blocks-- at least, in my eyes.

I can already hear those more experienced than myself refuting my thoughts-- with perfectly valid criticisms, granted-- but that's just my two cents. Ultimately, it will come down to the applicable Game Insights team and/or network Production.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  16. Frosting kit is way too OP as it is right now. It's like a rod that also gives your opponent slowness. This just makes it easy to combo people and newer players that don't have this kit will be at a great disadvantage in fights against people using the frosting kit. In my opinion, the frosting kit is too broken; just like the horseman kit was in sg. However, I think mineplex should make a completely new kit to replace frosting because sure, the snowballs are still like a rod, but you can also use a bow as a rod and it works well for long range too. All I'm saying is that mineplex should make a new achievement kit to replace the frosting kit but it's still a kit worth getting all the achievements for.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    Infui likes this.
  17. I think keeping the slowness is a good idea. It's what makes frosting frosting. Without the slowness, I don't think the kit would still be useful, as other kits are superior. Cake wars, at its base, is a team game. If your fighting 4 good players, it really doesn't matter what kit they are. Being able to heal after every kill if you all rush seems much more powerful that hitting someone with slowness in a 4v4 (which is very situational and I understand that, but the best players rush as teams so it's not as rare as you may think.) When I play frosting, it is a great boon to be able to hit them while running towards them to save a teammate. While I understand that it may be annoying to lose because of that, archer still dominates pathways, and builder platforms to kill are just...annoying. If anything, possibly buff the other kits instead of giving a nerf to frosty. Examples could include starting the builder with a certain amount of bricks at first spawn, I don't know if this one is possible, but give archer a discounted bow, and for fighter I have no clue, maybe 2 pieces of chain gear instead of leather. I feel that this could lead to a decrease in frosting domination at middle, especially if you play with more people.

To summarize, basically instead of nerfing frosting, which people strived to earn because of the kit benefits, buff the other kits. While it might take more effort from the design team, I think it would be more beneficial to the player base.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  18. incorrect

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    Flame likes this.
  19. both methods are broken and scummy.

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  20. The kit shouldn't rely entirely on the potion effect the snowballs give, if they are able to code this in, they should make it a 15% chance to apply slowness with a -10% movement speed.

Posted Apr 8, 2020