• 2156 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10594 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Donating Gems and shards

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Oggygaming, Sep 14, 2019.

?

is this a good or bad idea?

1. good

81.8%
  2. bad

18.2%
  1. Players should have the option to donate shards and gems.

This would let people help each other to buy cosmetics and kits.

Say if your friend had Been playing the server for a while and had loads of gems with no purpose if a friend of theirs came on and had barely any gems and could not afford kits in-game the friend who'd been playing for a while could help them by giving them gems, the same applies for shards.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  2. This could get abused. I have a friend with like 20,000,000,000 shards and she could just give them to me and me have them be given out to like every player. There’s already the villager morph and party bombs (which are purchasable from the market place which means that if this idea is implemented, party bombs won’t sell).
    This would also take away from earning gems and shards from games. -1 from me

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  3. Yeah this idea has denied in the past for the reason flute said above.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  4. Heya!

I love this idea and think donating gems/shards should be a thing but maybe have a limit on it, say 10k gems and or shards to one person per day? Very interesting concept and I believe that it would help your friends or other players who are looking to get a kit for a certain game or whatever the case. Would love to see this implemented!

-Digital

[​IMG]

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  5. Hey there!

I am so thrilled that someone has brought up this topic. Initially, I believe the implementation of this feature would be great idea, especially for the players who have an excess amount of gems and have nothing to spend them on or use them for, including many users with 500k+ gems.

Shards are used for buying treasure chests to unlock new items, but many players have all the items in the server, and their shards are deemed useless as well as their gems. This leaves their sidebar just a number that is constantly stacking up with nothing to spend the currency on. A donating system could be nice, but it would have to be some kind of either cooldown or maximum amount able to be donated to still allow players an incentive to play games and complete mission to earn their own rewards.

I'm very interested in this idea, but it may have to be perfected slightly more before the implementation. I really do wish to see an update like this occur, and to read everyone else's opinions on this.

Thanks!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    ImJustDigital likes this.
  6. I've seen this suggestion before and I believe it has been denied in the past. I agree that a donation system for gems and shards would take away the purpose of playing games to earn them yourself. I think part of having gems and shards is to be able to brag about how many you have accumulated. It's something that even appears on your stats page, so you can easily keep track of how many you have earned. There's a sense of accomplishment when you have gathered more than other.

Maybe there needs to be a way to meet in the middle for this idea though. Maybe you could donate gems and shards up to a specific amount during a specific time frame. Let's say you do 5,000 a week. This would allow players to help out their friends by sharing what they've earned but also would require the friend to do some of the work too. It wouldn't be like just handing gems and shards over constantly.

However, we also have to consider that the villager morph exists to transfer gems and treasure bombs exist to transfer shards. Would a system like this make those obsolete? I think those items would be a bit useless with no restrictions on donations, but with a system that is limited, those would still be used pretty frequently in addition to the donations system.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    nolawn and PieOrPi like this.
  7. Hey!

I absolutely love this idea. It probably has been brought up in the past, but I'm happy to see it again. I would love for this to be a feature. Donating shards and gems would be an amazing thing to be able to do. A lot of people have either many shards or many gems (or a lot of both) and they want to be nice to others and give those other people gems and/or shards. These people also can't do anything with the gems if they have a lot (assuming they have most or all kits in Mineplex). The only way I know of giving gems currently is through the villager morph. You throw about 20 gems and someone can pick it up. And for shards, I'm pretty sure it is just the treasure bomb party cosmetic. That cosmetic, when dropped releases a lot of shards onto the ground and others can pick those up to gain shards. So it would be awesome to see this added. But, I can see why it wouldn't. Doing this would (like @_H2O said) make it to where people who are given gems and shards (a lot of either) wouldn't play games. But, they probably would to gain levels eventually. Unless they only care about the gems and shards. I have some suggestions to how this could be a good feature to add and couldn't mess up the game in any way.

Like _H2O and @PieOrPi said, it would be better to have a limit on how much someone could donate gems and/or shards. In my opinion, I would say for the limit of gems is 2k-4k to a player a week. What I mean by this is that the player could only be donated 2k-4k gems per week. So say if I were to donate gems to Player62. I donated 2k gems. This means that Player62 can't get donated anymore gems until a week passes. And for shards, I would say 5k-7k (possibly less). You could also raise the time they are able to get donated again. Maybe 2 weeks. Maybe 3. This would be a good idea to add because it would not allow players to be donated large amounts of gems or shards. Which will get them playing more. I also suggest that you should be able to only donate to 3 players a month. If you donate to a player, you can only donate two more times. So if you give that same player gems, then one time. Then if you do it again, you have to wait until you can donate three more times. That is all I have to say for suggestions. I give this idea a +1 because I would love for this to be added. Thanks for suggesting it!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    PieOrPi likes this.
  8. Hey there,

Definitely would agree with others in saying that donating a mass amount of shards and gems that would be accessible by others would take away from the spirit of playing mini-games on mineplex. I think a large added benefit of playing games, in general, is to increase the wealth of these in-game currencies, which as you know is used to buy certain chests and cosmetics. In general, I feel as though the act od donating these in game currencies is not a good idea in general just due to the fact that I feel as though collecting cosmetics should be an achievement that is only made possible by playing games and amassing in-game wealth. DOntaing one's funds to another in this respect takes away from this achievement and would make the whole experience less fun.

As H20 has mentioned, we already have the villager morph and treasure bombs to dispose of one's gems and treasure shards so I am not too sure if we require another avenue. I would be in favor of increasing the number of gems and shards that can be dispersed for both the villager morph and the treasure bomb. I would also be in favor of adding more cosmetics that can only be exclusively bought with shards and gems to those who have already collected all the cosmetics can spend their shards and gems in new ways.

So as for this idea specifically, I am a -1 but I think this idea leads to a discussion on what else we can do to ensure that shards and gems are not just gathering dust but can be used constructively.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  9. hey!

I definitely believe we should be able to donate gems in-game. I don’t see a reason why not and what’s the problem with giving more people gems.

I do believe there should be a “tax” on sending gems just so it isn’t abused completely like flute said.

But other than that... +1

Posted Sep 14, 2019