• 287 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6962 Players Online
  • 6675 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Donating chests

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by BasicT, Apr 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. I recently just hit the point where I already have all the items in an Illuminated chest, meaning that as time progresses, I will have 2 chests that I can't open from my monthly bonus continuously piling up. That being said, I've also being recently told that other people have this issue but with Mythical Chests along with Omega Chests as well. It honestly seems like people are being cheated out of, especially people who pay for Immortal monthly as they aren't getting the full value of what they payed for. This also might come to be a problem for people who win contests or get prizes in events as they just will have their chests sitting there with no use.

That's where my idea comes in, allowing people to donate/gift chests. This will stop the problem and will also give chests a use for those who ran out of rewards to claim. Also, it can also serve as a great way to give back community/host giveaways for others as well. I'm not exactly if this is a good idea because people won't necessarily buy chests from the shop anymore but let me know what you guys think.

Posted Apr 17, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 17, 2021
  2. I think this is an interesting idea. I've seen it before but not sure of what the outcome by CCO was. I know plenty of people who have tons of chests that they're unable to open and it's frustrating to them. Personally, I would love to be able to gift already-owned chests to others, especially newer players looking to see what kind of cosmetics we have to offer. With this idea -- would you be able to gift chests to other players who have reached their cosmetics limits as well? I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement a blockage like that into the code but I also don't see any harm done by allowing players to gift chests to those who have reached their limit, as well.

Although I'm a fan of this idea and think it could be a fun little addition, I'm not sure CCO and the development team would deem it worth dev time over other things. I think the main thing we need is more cosmetics added to the game on a regular basis in order to reduce this problem as much as possible. By having more cosmetics added to the server, those that have reached their current cosmetics limit would obviously be able to open their chests that have been sitting around for ages.

Overall, I give this idea a +1 and, unless I'm missing something, I don't see any harm caused by it. This would definitely give those who have a million chests sitting around something to do with them and would give newer players increased opportunities at receiving some cool cosmetics early on.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
    Lady_Alyss, anthxny, BasicT and 2 others like this.
  3. big +1

Posted Apr 18, 2021
    Lady_Alyss and BasicT like this.
  4. pls someone take all of my chests PLEASE

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  5. I really like this idea, since I've had a bunch of Illuminated Chests blocked up for awhile now, i've wanted a way to get use out of these chests since the addition of new cosmetics is generally hard to keep up with the frequency of getting monthly rewards, especially with the higher ranks. I think this a great idea, i'd really like if I could donate these chests to other people who would get more use out of them than I would. Like Chase mentioned, it would really come down to if the CCO seems that implementing this would be worth the developers time, since time is pretty crucial. Because of this, if it's passed through, this could be a long term plan rather than a short term one.
    However, I think the time is worth it, this idea seems to have really no noticeable negatives associated with it that I can think of, and I could see a lot of members in the community utilizing this and enjoying it. +1

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  6. +1. As someone who has many Illuminated chests piling up, it would be nice if we could trade them up. For example, 20 Illuminated chests could be traded for 1 Omega chest. Just a thought.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  7. I believe he is talking about donating chests, not ranking your chests up. Maybe you read the post incorrectly.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
    Lady_Alyss likes this.
  8. I was aware about what he was talking about lol. I was providing my insight on how to fix the issue of having chests piling up.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  9. This is definitely a great idea. I have multiple Illuminated chests from my monthly bonus and every month it continues to rise and sit there with no way for me to open them. Personally, I would like to see an option to gift chests away to other community members who would enjoy them. However, financially this may not be a smart decision for Mineplex considering it will likely result in less chest and rank sales. Hopefully something similar to this can be implemented!

- Lucas

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  10. Definitely agree with this. There comes a certain point where certain chests are useless to some players, and if they’re just going to sit there, they might as well be put to use through donating them to other players. Personally, I’d find something like this extremely useful. I hope something like this is added in the future. Great suggestion!

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  11. I have never run into this problem before.
    But I can see the reason for it. You have a +1 from me BasicT!

Posted Apr 28, 2021
  12. I totally agree BasicT!

Posted Apr 28, 2021
    Lady_Alyss likes this.
  13. I would love this I have 20 illuminated chest that I’d love to give away to people who join my live yt streams it could also be a giveaway feature to +1

Posted Apr 28, 2021
    Lady_Alyss, Fusafez and BasicT like this.
  14. Honestly agreed. I don't have all the cosmetics yet so I don't really experience this problem, but I know plenty of people who do. I also have a ton of old/ancient chests that I have no intention of opening, so being able to gift these chests to newer players would be ideal. You bring up a good point in that players paying for their rank will not get the full value out of that rank if they have all the cosmetics - being able to donate chests to others who might not have all the cosmetics seems to be a great solution.

I've heard talk of this idea in the past by CCO but I'm not sure what the outcome was. It most likely will take a longer time to release since the developers might have other priorities, but I would definitely like to see an idea like this implemented in the future. +1 from me!

Posted Apr 28, 2021
    BasicT likes this.
  15. Yeah, I also have a lot of illuminated chests that I'm unable to open due to the same reason. You've provided one of the solutions for this issue, and another one would probably be to increase the number of cosmetics that are obtainable using this chest.
    I consider this one of the decent solutions, so it's a +1 from me.

Posted Apr 29, 2021
    BasicT likes this.
  16. I don't have this problem because I don't have any chests. I had 1 chest once from making a forums account, and got frost lord arrows from it.

Posted Apr 29, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  17. give me stuff if so ye :)

Posted Apr 29, 2021
  18. Personally I really like this idea so a +1 from me !!

Posted Apr 29, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.