• 189 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3602 Players Online
  • 3413 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Dogs, Rocks, Hand Reveal ?!1! and the Ocean

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by TheArrowsShadow, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Chaos- that was my entire trip to the ocean.

Heya, I'm Arrow and I am going to upload a BUTTLOAD of pictures that I took from my trip to the Atlantic (and back.) Be warned, if you don't like sunsets or large bodies of water (or dogs) then this post is not for you.
    Also, if you haven't seen it already- Arrow HanD ReVeaL??!!? WoAh!!1! Technically I've already done one but whateverrr

Anyway, when I went on leave, my FMA Mentor @affinity0 told me that instead of having sub team quotas I now had a dog picture quota; 5 dogs by the time I get back from leave. I'll do her one better, here are SIX dogs AND a cat because I am amazing. So kicking off this post I will be displaying my completed quota \o/

Starting off this list are my two dogs, Bosely (The little black dog) and Honey (The huge white polar bear)
    I attempted to get new pictures of them, but they can't ever hold still when there's a car ride (!!) involved so I have some older pictures as well.

Bosley
    Trip: Sleeping like he's an innocent dog ( hes not >:[ )
    [​IMG]

Older picture: I stuck an apple sticker on his head
    [​IMG]

Honey
    Trip: A stressed out blur
    [​IMG]

Older picture: Being a road block
    [​IMG]

Now we actually left my dogs with my grandfather for the week (they are going to be so fat when we get them back omg) and he has a dog of his own named Cerberus or Precious depending on who you talk to. Shes a sweetie who can do no wrong, but she also would not hold still so heres ne and old picture of her lmao

Cerberus
    Trip: Begging to be pet because she's a good girl
    [​IMG]

Old: Being her amazing self on the deck
    [​IMG]

I go to the Atlantic every summer, because I live with my older cousin for a week. He has ALWAYS had like a million dogs, but this year there was only one- an old Pitbull named Hacker. Hacker is the sweetest thing to ever bless this earth. He's quiet and mellow and LOVES butt scratches. He also likes to stand on the table for some unknown reason. Nevertheless, Table Dog is the best boy.

Hacker:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the way home I visited some of my parents friends and they actually have two dogs, but one of them was so shy I didn't get any pictures of her. The other dog, Roxy, was so excited to see me that I only have like 1 non-blurry picture of her and she is happy as can be.

Roxy:
    [​IMG]

This family also had a cat named Jinx who was NOT pleased when I poked her.

Jinx:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bonus dog: One of my best friends out in the real world has a tiny dog named Ambie. Ambie is a *fat* potato dog. She is so round that he stubby little legs flop out from under her when she lays down and its amazing. We love Ambie.

Ambie:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thus concludes the dog quota!!

Since this post is long and most people probably arent gonna read the whole thing I'm going to put my favorite three pictures first because that way you can see them :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Most of my time at the Atlantic was spend during the night. Most of you know that my sleep schedule is so screwed up I might as week be on another plane of existance from you guys, but I held a relatively good sleeping schedule during this trip- nocturnal. Night time is the best time anyway I mean cmon.
    Anyway, before night time hits, sunset has to happen so here is a few sunset pictures (my mom got a lot more than I did bc I was too busy with actual sunset lol)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now for the two nighttime shots because they are my favourite kinds pictures to take \o/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course you can't go to the ocean and not get ocean pictures (I mean you can but then how would you prove you went to people on the internet ?!!!?1)

I will spare you the millions that my mother sent me, here are the few I took
    [​IMG]

There was actually a wedding on this pier later
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can someone explain to me how one goes to the beach and doesnt collect rocks and shells? Look how many there are just up for grabs like???
    [​IMG]

Here are the ones I grabbed- fork for scale? I guess? xD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There were a lot more but I dont feel like laying them all out so too bad lol

While I was on the coast I actually took a ferry to an island I had never been to before, and on the way home there was a big lightning storm mixed with a sunset which was really cool. Sadly the pictures of the sunset got corrupted, but I did get a few videos of the lightning that I edited together for a short video so here is that:

During the trip I went to huge dune park- which is just sand but the sky was cool- and then I visited my great great aunt and she gave me rings that I thought were cool (and will probably never wear some of them but now I have them)

Sand :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OMINOUS DARKNESS
    [​IMG]

more sand :D
    [​IMG]

And here are the 4 rings my great great aunt gave me;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The trip home was pretty cool as well, the skies were pretty and the road we took had lots of trees. There was also this mountian that appeared out of nowhere:
    [​IMG]

And the render distance in Virginia is TERRIBLE how does anyone live there
    [​IMG]

I'm going to end this post with a collection of random critters and such, so if you dont like bugs, snails, crabs or birds don't click on this spoiler hah

This is a bird
    [​IMG]

This is a lot of birds
    [​IMG]

I almost stepped on this crab
    [​IMG]

And this snail actually
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know what kind of dog this is?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HA trick question its a cicada you totally fell for that noob

We can never have enough of Hacker being a nobleman either so here he is once more !!
    [​IMG]

TLDR: I went to the ocean. I pet a lot of dogs. I definitly didn't hide any bodies. I picked up a lot of rocks. Night time is the best time. My great great aunt is very old. Thank you for your time o/

Posted Aug 16, 2022,
    Last edited Aug 16, 2022
  2. Your hands look a little to big lmao

Posted Aug 16, 2022
  3. yeah sorry those last two pictures, thats a real, full sized belt- it just happens to fit on my finger so

I'm actually a giant idk if anyone knew that or not

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 16, 2022
  4. cute doggo :3

Posted Aug 16, 2022
  5. Every one of the fluff balls is adorable!

Posted Aug 16, 2022
  6. I love this. Your pets are so adorable and the pictures you took while you were gone!!! They're BEAUTIFUL!!!

Posted Aug 16, 2022
  7. Wow, that's a lot of pictures
    They all look really good!
    And the animals were cute
    And also I've never seen a cicada that looks like that

Posted Aug 17, 2022
  8. Certified good boys, the lot of them!

You really went above and beyond in your quota and I honestly am the proudest FMA Mentor in the world. A+

Posted Aug 17, 2022
    TheArrowsShadow likes this.
  9. Those are some great pictures Arrow!
    I especially love the ocean ones

Posted Aug 17, 2022
  10. The cutest of doggos

I know right >:DDDD

THANK YOUU
    My phone camera quality has significantly declined over time (I use an iPhone -gross ik- 6s so there's definitely ther options but its my trusty little guy :(

Thank you! I'm glad you liked em. Usually I dont see live cicadas, I tend to only find their leftover skins from when they shed but this one I'm pretty sure was in-the-process of dying because it kept trying to fly but kept crashing back into the little table so dunno

Also that's when my phone camera decided to be good haha

Yesss I will tell them all you said that when I get the chance- although Bosley just ate part of a plastic bag so like... I might wait a little while to tell him xD
    Mission accomplished!

Thank you so much! I really love the ocean so I'm glad you like the pictures :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 19, 2022
    Ranger_Maddie likes this.
  11. beautiful pictures arrow!
    LOVE the rings, they look really nice (I think I have some inspo for new rings now…tyty)
    lmao pls- the render distance in VA-

Posted Aug 19, 2022
  12. nice hand bro

edit: hands, it seems you have 2

Posted Aug 19, 2022,
    Last edited Aug 19, 2022
    SilverStarX7 and TheArrowsShadow like this.
  13. Awww Arrow... so-o-o-o Kool! Nice to see them posted here.
    Even thought a lot of them I've seen during your vacation, I have always loved this place and it's beauty that you capture and have shared with me and of course everyone here, they are amazing!
    I love the night, the dock, the ocean breaking on the beach, sunrise and sunset... oh, were you still awake for the sunrise or never got up when you finally got to sleep. I will go back and look. I have to say "there" you were at the most peace from what I have known you as. It has always been a great place for you to get a week of serenity and the best sleep that I've known you to have e.g, my comment of you being still awake for the sunrise, any your comment above to your wonderful sleep habits, but, hey ... you sleep like me, almost never! (:
    Hacker is so handsome in his statue pose, Bosley habits are atrocious and Cerberus is a tie with Hacker for lovability.
    Enjoyed so much, remembered so much from our past... the journey is always like the tides (you know what I mean, lol!) (:

Posted Aug 21, 2022
  14. Thank you! And you're welcome :P

IM SO GLAD YOU NOTICED THIS HAHA

I do have two hands! They're pretty great thank you

This place is *very* high ranked on my top favourite places, if not the first. I find that I can simply "be" when I am there, and am mostly free of the burdens that follow me everywhere else. It is very freeing and I am glad I get to go yearly, hopefully more than that in the coming years!

I was actually awake for one sunrise, but I slept through the rest of them which shocks everybody haha
    I didn't get any pictures of the sunrise sadly, which was stupid because the Atlantic ocean is the sunrise ocean (when you live where I live) so I should have but alas, was too busy watching the crabs haha

Hacker and Cerberus are amazing, bosley indeed needs to work on his habits LOL

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 23, 2022
    Mystic 0440 and SilverStarX7 like this.
  15. I wanna see the pics too but my internet don't let them load sadly but Ik youre dog is very cute and the Youtube vid was great

Posted Aug 25, 2022
  16. I love the pictures Arrow!
    Especially the ones of your cute pets!
    I bet you photo-bombed one of those wedding photos. Maybe by accident or not :P

Posted Aug 30, 2022