• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8809 Players Online
  • 5919 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Does nobody see a problem with Wither Skeleton?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Muhn, Jul 4, 2020.

?

Should Wither Skeleton get nerfed?

1. Yes

25.8%
  2. No

74.2%
  1. I'm surprised that nobody talks about this because this is a serious problem. Wither Skeleton is probably the most broken kit in SSM, here's why:
    1. You can redirect the Wither Skull which is extremely broken because of the Wither Skull's already gigantic AOE range, so there is literally no way to dodge it.
    2. You can switch between the clones and infinite amount of times before the clone dies. The cool down for the switching should be increased significantly.
    3. The Wither Skeleton's clone has almost as much if not just as much health as the actual player! Which means that it's nearly impossible to take out the clone.
    4. The Wither Skeleton's clone is aggressive and moves very quickly which means that you can basically turn any situation into a 2v1.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    Polar8 likes this.
  2. It is new for me to see a complain about the Wither Skeleton. I would have to say the Wither Skeleton is not too overpowered, let me tell you why.

Personally, if the cooldowns were shorter, I would definitely think this kit is overpowered. However, the cooldowns are pretty decent to me and help keep this kit balanced.

1. Yes, you can redirect the wither skull, but you need to practice in order to aim that skull pretty well, as far as I've seen.
    2. There is a long cooldown to create more clones, and when I've played I didn't find the switching too overpowered.
    3. The clone is just a mob, and if you just PvP it like normal, it is pretty easy to kill despite it's health.
    4. The clone seems to be a big problem to you, you can try stepping away from the clone if you need to, you can always use ranged attacks.

Thank you for sharing though and stay safe!

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  3. Like Polar8 said, I have literally never seen a complaint about wither skeleton before lol.

1. The wither skull is actually super duper easy to dodge and juke. Just double jump, it's hit registration/radius is super low. I seen it bug out a few times though and go through some stuff.

2. This can totally backfire, funny how some switch to the clone who's falling out the world or in lava, also its super easy to tell which is the clone, and which isnt. Not just the weapon changes but small details in movements, super predictable if not glitchy at times.

3. That's what a clone is, supposed to mimic the real thing, if it had no hp, that would be a huge nerf to the identity of Wither Skelly.

4. It's supposed to be aggressive, it's one of the many play styles of the kit. Adapt. Improvise. Overcome.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    Hillly and Polar8 like this.
  4. I understand your concern. I feel the Wither Skeleton is a very good kit, but its not OP. OP is the term meaning overpowered, obviously. But it also involves easy victory with low effort. for instance a new player using the Wither skeleton will not have a guaranteed win, or a ridiculously high chance of one. The kit should only be nerfed if the player wins with little to no effort with the kit.

Your Wither Skull redirect is a weak claim, in my opinion. This is because of the double jump feature, you could simply fly away before being hit. Also notice how slow the skull moves through the air. You have a solid two Mississippis before impact, at least. I could sort of see close combat power, but it inst a very strong attack against the opposition.

The Wither Skeleton clone is not as good as you make it out to be. First of all, saying the clone has almost as much health as the player simply isn't true. It takes only about three maybe four hits with your iron axe, and after that you can focus on fighting the real player. Also, Having the clone included in the fight does not make it a 2v1 because the clone's AI is subpar, at best. In most cases in me using the with skeleton and using the clone move in combat, The clone just stands there, sometimes attacking, but usually just hanging out. Lastly, the range of attack isn't very far, making the clone a 25 ish% chance to save yourself.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    Polar8 likes this.
  5. Footnote: If you want to nerf something, it should be the blaze lol.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  6. It for sure is not the most broken kit, many can take it out pretty easily along with no one even being that good at the kit.

The explosion for wither skull really isn't that bad, and would be an incredibly terrible move if it just went straight at the current speed it travels. Testing out the damage on a generic kit like a squid, from 5 blocks it did no damage, from 3 it did half a heart that healed quickly, and a direct hit only did around two hearts. No big deal with it.

I don't really see this as a problem more of as an annoyance, it's actually a pretty long cooldown all things considered especially since on some maps you only fall for two seconds before dying to the void.

It does not have as much health at all, only around half. Testing it with gayblackguyy, he was playing squid and I was playing Wither Skeleton, we concluded that it took four hits from a squid to kill a Wither Image and seven to kill me as the Wither Skeleton. It's fairly easy to kill it especially since one punch can take knock it off the edge and make it not just useless, but kill the opponent if they swap.

The easiest answer is focus one out, it isn't difficult to do. A Snowman, Creeper, Enderman or even Magma Cube all have ways to easily get out of that situation. If anything you can just run and have it despawn.

I personally think Wither Skeleton needs to be buffed, it's more of an annoying kit to deal with than difficult.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    Jrawt, JAKE///, pinfoil and 2 others like this.
  7. I'm glad I'm seeing more wither skeletons rather than creepers and wolves

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  8. Wither skeleton is annoying to fight sometimes and while I agree that these issues are annoying, I don't think it needs nerfed.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  9. I disagree. The wither skeleton is meant to be an aggressive and distracting kit.
    It's skulls do plenty of damage but you can just dodge them because they don't have that big of a radius.
    The clones are pretty easy to tell apart so it isn't that big of a deal. And it can backfire on you if the clone gets itself in a sticky situation.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    Polar8 likes this.
  10. You talk about the clone as if it's another player. In reality most of the time it will either kill itself, or stand still. And even when it does hit you, it's reduced damage. Skull is really only useful for setting up combos, as the damage is inconsistent at best. The max damage I've gotten is 9 and that's from a direct hit and max range. When you're actually in combat at close range it does 3-4 if you get lucky. Sure the kit can be annoying, but it's the way chicken is annoying. Compared to other kits like enderman, creeper, or skeleton horse, wither is fairly balanced. At the end of the day if you lose to a wither, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    HushMyChild, Polar8 and getalifebro like this.
  11. The Wither Skull can be dodged but, I do agree it has a huge AOE and can be difficult sometimes to dodge depending what map you're on.
    The Wither Image can be unpredictable sometimes the clone will keep attacking you even if you hit it back, other times it will just stand there at take a second for its AI to take affect, some players do use Wither Image as a combo or a distraction.
    but, at the end of the day it is annoying to fight Wither Skeleton cause most Wither Skeleton players i have seen is usually just Run and Spam. I think the cooldown for Wither Skull should be a higher and if your having trouble against Wither Skeleton i suggest going Guardian, Skeleton Horse or Iron Golem to take care of Wither Skeleton.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  12. Wither skull is more annoying than anything else, and it only looks like it does a lot of damage because of the explosion. Maybe a nerf could be to increase the cooldown and decrease the blast radius.

Posted Jul 5, 2020
  13. I personally think that the wither skeleton is underpowered. The attacks aren't really that great. Wither skull just does a bit of damage and wither image is really only a form of recovery or distraction, but not really for damage. It can do damage if you get really close it but other than that, it really doesn't do much.

Posted Jul 5, 2020
  14. There is, double jump to the direction the skull is coming from without hitting it.
    You can clearly see when they switch places and the cooldown is already long enough.
    The clones are super easy to take out lol, how about you getting better at the game :P
    It's supposed to be agressive lol, just get good.

That's always happening to me.

Posted Jul 6, 2020
    AtLeastYouTried likes this.
  15. Honestly, even though wither skeleton is annoying to fight, I don't undertsand how you think it's overpowered.

1, The wither skull is super easy to dodge once you get used to their game style, and unless it's a direct hit, it only does 1-2 hp.

2, Unless the person is good and knows when to switch (like when a creeper is about to use sulphur bomb), it's super easy to predict when they'll switch, either when they're evading or panicking. Also you can see when the person swaps, so there shouldn't be any confusion between what's real and not.

3, Even though the damage from the clone is decent, it doesn't always lock onto people. Sometimes it just stands still while you fight, until it disapears. If it does lock then it's easy to counter since it walks in a straight line towards you.

4, The clone has around half the health of the normal player, and you can switch approximately 3-4 times when spamming, before it despawns.

If anything, you haven't gone up enough wither players because if you've been playing ssm for more than 3 months then you should now it's pretty easy to counter. Also the hitbox is like half of Golem's so it's pretty easy to mele.

Posted Jul 7, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 8, 2020
    CpPlayzMc likes this.