• 1552 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8768 Players Online
  • 7216 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Does Mineplex Have any Intention of Fixing Their Games?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by _1k_, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Hello, I play many games on mineplex that I love and enjoy, however its getting to a point where the bugs simply ruin the game. Yes there are a bunch of fun aspects of playing on mineplex and I genuinely do love the server, but does mineplex really have any intention of fixing their games? There have been many instances where a game bug has simply ruined an opportunity to possibly win a fight, round, or game. Personally, I play MineStrike, which is a game that is genuinely dying because of the insane amount of bugs and glitches such as hitreg and broken hitboxes. Staff, if you believe these things don't exist, I have recorded 2 instances of these bugs/glitches occurring. I will be showing a few of the server's glitches especially in this game, specifically because it is my main game and I really don't play much else besides cake wars. Now lets start, shall we:

1.) Broken Headshot Hitboxes
    -unapproved link-
    In this clip, as you can see, the opposing player on the other team is doing something known as a "head glitch", or only showing his head (this is not a game bug). By only showing his head, it means that it is more difficult for opposing players to hit them and give yourself an advantage. In this clip, I essentially shot faster, however just look at where I'm aimed at. I am aimed directly at the head and one would expect to get a headshot out of this. However, after I shoot (and killed him), when you look in chat, its not a headshot, which makes no sense. Now I don't have this clipped because this was before I got recording software, but approximately 2 months ago, I managed to headshot someone by shooting at their toe. In what world does that make sense. It also feels like you get the most random headshots, as some you can aim for and others its just pure luck. Personally, this is one of the bigger things.

2.) Hitreg
    -unapproved link-
    Hitreg has been something that has been in this game since it was created and by now, almost 6 years later, one would expect that this bug would be fixed. However it is still a bug that people dread in this game, as it even has made many of my closest friends quit this game. If you don't know what hitreg is, it is when you shoot someone with a gun and it clearly hits them, however it doesn't register. Yes, this is in many other games, such as CS and Valorant, however they are not nearly as common as they are in MineStrike. This clip will take place on a map called mirage, where we were messing around in a 2v1 in a private server. My friend dies, as the enemy decided to push connector and kill her, and he pushes site with his ak. He hits a few nice shots, however I hit a relatively lucky noscope on him, bringing him down to around 2 hearts. This means I can easily kill him with one shot with my secondary, so I decide to pull it out and go to the left side of the box. Lucky me, I timed him and he looked the opposite direction as he goes to push me and further into the site. However as I shoot my deagle, can anyone point out where the deagle bullet went? If im not mistaken, it went DIRECTLY into his legs, which means he should be dead. However, he did not take damage from this because of the reg, which lead to me losing the round. Its dumb stuff like this that ruins games. More commonly, the AWP and SSG08 reg significantly more than the deagle, as this game has now become a "if you reg or not" type of game, as if you reg, its basically over for you unless you manage to pull off something insane, or get regged back. It also has felt like hitreg in MineStrike has gotten significantly worse, as from 3 years ago, it was not nearly as bad as it is today (which makes no sense because their is literally a 1000% loss in players since 2017 and theoretically that means it should be better because of less people on, which means less server lag). I very well know that I am not the only one that has brought up this issue as well, which is very frustrating.

3.) Server Lag
    -unapproved link-
    I find this especially funny because of the fact that Mineplex has lost so many players over the years, which theoretically should mean that server lag should not be as much of an issue, however over the past few weeks, the server lag on the server has just gotten so bad. I am on a stable ethernet connection and normally get around 40 ping, however recently, I have been averaging around 80, and I've noticed that many other players are dealing with people teleporting when they have 20 ping. In the clip I showed, at first glance, it simply looked like I regged the nastiest flick of my life. However, if you look closely, I completely wiffed him (HAHAHA) and missed entirely as my crosshair was no where near him. I would have seen a bullet trail to where the bullet went if I wasn't lagging. Which at first, made me think I simply hitregged him. However, the thing that really through me off is that right after this clip, I was probably averaging around 200 ping and even did a speed test to see if my internet was fine and it was perfectly normal. The game was literally unplayable as people were teleporting left and right, and the thing is I know its server lag because im not the only one who has been dealing with this in the past few days.

4.) False bans/Bad Staff
    This one is also pretty funny because I simply believed that their are few good staff left that genuinely care about the game. I've been falsely banned TWICE because I would /a for a Mod because someone is blatantly bhopping or spidering, the mod would come, just for the hacker to say "this user is bhopping" and the mod would insantly ban them without searching for proof. The first time this happened to me, I was kind of surprised, however I did not think much of it. However, the second time this happened, I decided to start looking for other servers and games because this is just complete blasphemy. The Mods aren't even looking for evidence and banning people like its nothing. Very discouraging as a player. Luckily for me, these events occurred on my alts, so I just would play on my main account instead, but I've just had that in my head ever since that occurred, which again, has lead me to search for other games to play instead of this. There is a specific reason to why servers such as Hypixel are on top of Minecraft Multiplayer: their staff actually look for evidence when they are requested and properly do their job. This is such an easy fix, as I used to be a head-mod/admin on a server, and had to teach people how to properly be moderator. Its not a hard process, as done correctly, it really only takes 2-3 hours to properly train a mod (of course this is without watching them and making sure they don't abuse their perms). I've also been told that if anything, their are way too many people on the staff team (will not be listing source for privacy reasons). You think with the crazy amount of staff members, solving problems would be easier. However, it simply is not. Also, its kind of dumb when a player reported someone for BLATANTLY bhopping and had VIDEO evidence and the claim got rejected because he forgot to put captions on what is happening. You don't need to be the smartest person in the world to figure out that someone is doing something that is not possibly in Minecraft without cheating. Its just stuff like this that is very discouraging for a player. I'm not saying all staff are bad, however it seems that majority of them are simply untrained and it shows.

Now i would like for you to answer a few questions:
    Would you play a game if the game had game bugs that ruin the game and give you a major disadvantage when they occur?
    Would you play on a Minecraft Server that is basically booting you from the game every time you join?
    Would you play for a server that has not released an update for many of their games for multiple months?
    Would you play for a server that does not have properly trained staff?
    Would you play for a server that has banned you falsely TWICE because they didn't look for evidence?
    Why do you think Mineplex has lost tens of thousands of players over the past 4 years?
    What can the Mineplex staff and Community do as a TEAM to work together to figure out how to fix their games?
    Will you ever fix bugs that have been roaming around games ever since the game was created?
    Can Mineplex pull themselves together in order to make a step into reviving the server itself?

There is a very good chance that for the first 5 questions, many players would say "no" because this server is just not worth their time anymore. If a Staff does reply to this, I do not want to hear the simple response of "please move this to another forum blah blah blah" just to give a response that shows that staff are intentionally avoiding these issues because if they didn't, they would have to do something about it and it has become quite clear that staff are avoiding these issues because if they weren't, these issues would not exist and the server would have more players on it. I want a genuine response from a staff member answering the these questions because the first step of recovery is acceptance. If you never accept what you did wrong, you will never be able to better yourself for the future.

All I am asking for is Mineplex to wake up because I truly love this server and want to see it thrive again, however if the current player drops keep up, Mineplex will be dead within the next year and a half. Please Staff. listen to your players and fix what needed to be fixed 4 years ago before the server started collapsing.

P.S: I will not list the names of the staff that falsely banned my accounts and will not be listing any names of bad staff or good staff because the staff team in general needs to be reworked

Thank you,
    _1k_

Posted Jan 14, 2021
  2. Now yall are removing my EVIDENCE of these bugs happening. I have lost all respect for this server. I don't know whats wrong with sending a medal link but whatever it is this situation is worse than I thought . . .

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2021
  3. Hello, I agree with some of this post. I even left Mineplex a few times in the past because I got sick of some things on the server. I agree that the lack of updates causes games to suck sometimes. I main SSM, that game hasn't gotten an update in 3 years so I gotta deal with broken stuff almost every time I get on so I know what you mean and it's frustrating. The lag is annoying too. My ping is usually from 10-25, yet I get major lag spikes all the time and I'm just frozen for a couple seconds before i teleport. So yes I agree, lag makes the server unplayable sometimes. As for your staff problem, I believe you can report staffs for abusing their power by creating a support ticket. OR you can message a member of staff management. But yes, I agree that Mineplex isn't perfect and there is some things they can do better on.

questions

Would you play a game if the game had game bugs that ruin the game and give you a major disadvantage when they occur?: no

Would you play on a Minecraft Server that is basically booting you from the game every time you join?: no because wouldn't that be impossible to even log on?

Would you play for a server that has not released an update for many of their games for multiple months?: I mean, I already kinda do....

Would you play for a server that does not have properly trained staff?: idk, I personally haven't really noticed any "bad" staff

Would you play for a server that has banned you falsely TWICE because they didn't look for evidence?: no

Why do you think Mineplex has lost tens of thousands of players over the past 4 years?: hypixel

What can the Mineplex staff and Community do as a TEAM to work together to figure out how to fix their games?: idk post like a survey or something asking what games need to be updated the most and what kind of update needs to happen

Will you ever fix bugs that have been roaming around games ever since the game was created?: no

Can Mineplex pull themselves together in order to make a step into reviving the server itself?: hope so

If you are trying to post a picture, you have to put it up on Imgur first and then copy the link into your post. If youre doing a video then upload on youtube

Posted Jan 14, 2021
  4. You need to be patient

Posted Jan 14, 2021
  5. although I'm a bedrock player, I agree 100% with this post. on mineplex's bedrock server, it took them years just to update any of their games. sometimes i cant even load into the lobby properly and whenever I'm pvping someone on mb or cw ill randomly get caught on a block and cant move. i even left mineplex for a while because of the my frustration with the lack of updates. i wish mineplex would listen to everyone's suggestions. instead of taking down or locking random threads that talk about issues with the server. however on the other hand, 1 thing i can commend mineplex for doing is improving their anti-cheat. i used to see a hacker every round, and now i see them every once in a while.

Posted Jan 15, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 15, 2021
  6. If you have found bugs on the server, please report them via https://mineplex.com/bugs. Our quality assurance team can then look further into them.

I agree that in general, more training would be heavily useful: however, this isn't the main way to fix it, it's just a helpful push in the right direction, I don't think labeling it as a "fix all" solution is the best way to go about it. If you have constructive feedback for the staff team, I strongly advise making a support ticket listing your concerns at https://mineplex.com/support.

As for reports being denied - there are many things that the reports patrol look for in order to ensure a report is sufficient, if your report was denied, then it isn't sufficient. Review https://mineplex.com/report-guide for further information on this.

Games take time to update, the majority of servers either A) only have a couple of games or B) Update one game at a time and collect feedback, push fixes etc, then move to another game: servers such as Mineplex, Hypixel and cubecraft use this model.

Probably not, but again - "training staff better" isn't a fix-all solution, the current training is largely sufficient, but again it could be better.

Appeals exist for this reason, if the ban is appealed and there isn't evidence, the ban will be revoked.

Many reasons, most of them have nothing to do with the moderation team. For example: hypixel has been dominating the java scene, making it borderline impossible for any other minigame server to grow past 10,000 players: simply because, friends don't play it. There are ways to grow, but they cost a lot of money, right now - bedrock is a more promising long-term investment. There are a lot of other reasons, but there are already plenty of threads addressing these.

As moderators, we again - cannot fix these issues. As I stated, the best place it to create a support ticket, where your concerns can be directly seen by the person who can address your concerns. Some of your questions, staff members don't feel comfortable answering (hence why I've avoided a lot of them).

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    xWand, StyxKiller03 and Fusafez like this.
  7. Hi there 1k!

I am sorry that you are experiencing bugs in your gameplay, however this is not the appropriate place to report bugs. If you encounter any bugs in-game, it's best to report the bug(s) here. Reporting the bug(s) helps the Quality Assurance team become aware of the bug issue, and with it being reported, the sooner it is to be forwarded and fixed. In addition, I would also suggest reading over the Official In-game Bug Report Guide, which covers each step of the bug report form so you can efficiently and correctly report the bug.

Absolutely. The Quality Assurance team and Developers work hard in improving/seeking to resolve any current bug-related issues with games. This is why there is a bug-report that is accessible to everyone within the community. They have intentions to hear any possible issues that players are experiencing to further ensure the overall quality of games. I can tell you there’s a lot of work that both teams put forth behind the scenes. I suppose the general argument could be: “Then why is there still bugs?” - Truthfully, not any server or their games are perfect and bugs are expected. Adding on to that, unfortunately bugs take time to patch.

While I understand where you're coming from, I personally believe most of the time lag comes directly from ones internet connection. It's undeniable that there are some times in which the server is lagging, but again for the most part I feel that it's your own personal connection.

If at anytime you feel that any punishment applied is false, you're always more than welcome to appeal here. I would suggest reading the Official Punishment Appeal Guide, which covers how one appeals for their punishment properly. From a Moderators perspective, I can ensure you that we as Staff Members, are at all times, supposed to investigate a player regardless of what hack they're using. However, if you have any issues with a staff member or feel that they are not handling a particular situation properly, you're more than welcome to collect evidence and submit a Support ticket here. In addition, you may contact their Mentor/Admin directly to make them aware of the issue as well. As far as the "training” aspect, as @CookieBilly has addressed above, you're more than welcome to also include constructive criticism about the Staff Team in a ticket. Making a thread is not the proper place to voice concerns/issues in regards to the Staff Team.

As Billy has also addressed above, while evaluating reports, there are several things that are taken in to consideration while processing a report. If you have any further questions as to why your report was denied, you’re more than welcome to message the Reports Patrol Member who denied your report. They will provide more clarification in a Private Message as to why your report was denied.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  8. I'm not on the forum management assistance team?... if your post was removed, this is because a fma saw and decided it violated our website rules, if you have respectful criticism, your posts won't be removed: hence why everyone's else's criticism on this thread is still up. Please point out which parts are incorrect and I'll rectify the issue or try and explain the point further to clarify what I'm saying.

I'm not blindly defending mineplex, there are issues: as with pretty much every server/game and personally, I believe those should be voiced. Locking the thread wouldn't help in any way.

Posted Jan 15, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 15, 2021
  9. Some games have definitely been neglected for a while eg. Minestrike and SSM and it's upsetting. Updates DO come out though; but they can take time.

The last Minestrike bug fix that was announced in the Mineplex Discord that wasn't to do with nametags/achievements was on 21st September 2019. This was a patch for a bomb drop bug

You have to remember that there is not a lot of developers working for Java at all. The games that are more popular also get higher priority i.e Cake Wars, Speed Builders, etc. I wish that wasn't the case because I believe it's so unfair to the players that love the old Mineplex games, and they should really get updates more often than every 2 years.

A thread won't help to fix this unfortunately. These threads are often ignored by higher ups because they believe they are doing something in the background to work towards making the situation better.

As for the staff issues, false bans are honestly not that common. You think this because it happened to you twice but on a much grander scale it really does not happen often at all. And yes--staff do not have to gather evidence to punish for things like bhop. This is because a Moderator is trusted to make their own correct judgement based on what they see. So, when I was a staff member, I got about 4000 punishments in the couple months I was on the team and the only ones I had to have evidence for were forum reports or any punishment above the first severity back when I was a Trainee (as well as other minor exceptions). This is the case for everybody nowadays. It is only for things like closet cheating, xraying, etc that evidence is gathered for as in case of an appeal there has to be something to look back for. As CookieBilly said above, if you appeal and there was no evidence against you (GWEN logs or staff evidence) the ban will get revoked.

That being said it is clear now that this isn't a entire staff team problem. There really are some hardworking and true staff members. The training staff members get is sufficient but you have to accept that regardless, people will make mistakes. I know I certainly did back as a Trainee for a couple of the mutes I gave out.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    Fusafez and CookieBilly like this.
  10. Again, what are those arguments? I'll try and clarify my position. I'm not blindly defending mineplex, I have nothing to gain from doing that.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    StyxKiller03 and koqel like this.
  11. Nowhere is "blindly defend Mineplex" a staff requirement, and CookieBilly isn't doing that either. Maybe instead of blindly disagreeing, you provide some good counterarguments, instead of generalising the entire server&staff team

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  12. There was nothing wrong with my evidence, a forum staff member deleted it saying it did not follow guidelines when in reality there was nothing wrong with the link or the video.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 15, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 15, 2021
    Pumpedpixel likes this.
  13. This is very well factual, most staff don't even notice the issues about the games or even whats going on with the server because they are never on. Then when the players decide to speak up about it they give generic responses and defend them without knowing what's actually happening. Multiple games have been neglected for YEARS and thats the main reason why Mineplex has lost majority of players. It was not because Hypixel became a thing, it was because Hypixel had staff that genuinely cared about the server and it shows as their games recieve monthly, sometimes weekly updates. ALL THEIR GAMES, NOT JUST 1

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 15, 2021
    Pumpedpixel likes this.
  14. We have been patient for multiple years and have recieved nothing. Why do you think majority of the players moved to Hypixel

OP OP
    Paladise and Pumpedpixel like this.
  15. I've had that same issue happen to me a few times. I've noticed that when mp staff are confronted with issues on the server, they tend to take down the post rather then reply or leave the thread up

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  16. I have never seen a Hypixel staff member in-game so it's interesting how you mention Mineplex staff are never on

I agree multiple games have been neglected. Priorities lay on the popular games i.e Cake Wars & Speed Builders which I think is unfair. But that's not to say they're the only games MP cares about. Join Mineplex Discord and see all of the updates that happened, they're posted more on there than on the forums.

Furthermore, Hypixel has a way greater amount of Developers whereas Mineplex has an extremely low amount, single digits. The Hypixel staff involved in moderating the server have 0 say in Hypixel's projects. So your argument is wrong. But they have separate positions for design and whatnot.

Staff very much so notice the issues in games which is why the ones that have commented on this thread so far have agreed with your point. There are also the subteams like Game Insights, Ideas Team and Quality Assurance which are centered around games and player feedback. Just remember the lack of developers to implement them.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  17. This is exactly what has happened when i've tried to do this in the past, as the thread would be taken down within minutes. Im happy that staff are giving feedback however they are still denying what is wrong with the server. In my personal opinion, Mineplex could be competing somewhere near hypixel if they just put a little more effort into their games and directed a few of their games more towards PVP. Why are Cake Wars, Survival Games, and Skywars arguably the 3 biggest games on Mineplex? Because people love pvp more than the server being filled with many arcade games. Gladiators was pretty big too while you could play it as a gamemode and I would love to see it back rather than in the middle of the lobby.

Theres really only one way to put this: Mineplex got lazy and ****y, not updating their games and allowing other servers to take their players away. Now here they are, with tens of thousands players lost, which could have been easily avoided. I'm pretty sure my post is gonna be taken down after this reply but its just facts that no one can deny.

OP OP
    Pumpedpixel likes this.
  18. I see your point but we have been patient for a very long time, its kind of hard for us players to wait patiently when all our suggestions/concerns are ignored and thrown out the window.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  19. its kind of funny how all the games can remain un updated for long periods of time but mineplex releases a new $1-5 skin pack on the marketplace every week lol.

Posted Jan 15, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 15, 2021
  20. hahah fr

OP OP
    Pumpedpixel likes this.