• 185 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5198 Players Online
  • 5013 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Does Mineplex Do Stat Wipes?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by AbleToStrafe, Sep 12, 2021 at 3:06 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So there’s a closet cheater on Mineplex Bedrock who has been caught and banned multiple times for cheating. He never stopped, and is on 3 leaderboards that I know of. He hasn’t learned his lesson, and despite him cheating he still gets the glory of being on a leaderboard. The leaderboards are something you should work for, it shouldn’t be something someone can walk in and hack to get on. I was wondering if with enough evidence and proof, if Mineplex does stat wipes? Because it is very annoying to see a cheater be on the leaderboards here on Bedrock, when everyone in the community knows what is going on. I hope something is done about this, if any admins or staff see this and want to learn more information and details please dm me on discord or on the forums. (My discord tag AbleToStrafe#3169)

Posted Sep 12, 2021 at 3:06 PM
  2. Hello,

While I am not a staff member, Mineplex may wipe stats for stat boosting. That said, if someone is banned for stat boosting, it is a case by case scenario as said in mineplex.com/rules. I'm guessing that if evidence allows for someone to be banned for stat boosting, the Rules Committee will discuss whether they believe a stat wipe to be necessary.

Since you seem to be describing a hacking scenario, I don't believe this player would be banned for stat boosting or receive a stats wipe. However, like I said I'm not a staff member, so an Admin or Sr.Mod may know different information about a stats wipe.

You also say "He hasn’t learned his lesson, and despite him cheating...", which I think is kind of unfair to say unless you are reading his appeal, however likely it may be that he hasn't learned his lesson.

Unfortunately, I don't think the odds of this person having their stats wiped is very likely as I see players on java leaderboards who are either permanently or network banned, and no one has discussed the possibility of their stats being wiped.

Posted Sep 12, 2021 at 3:32 PM
    RainbowUnicornGM likes this.
  3. Hi, there are no other pre-determined reasons for why someone might have their stats wiped other than stat boosting, as @Pangaea_ outlined above.

In general, these situations are handled case-by-case and it is completely up to the dev team if they want to wipe someone's stats, as only they have the power to do it (I assume because they have access to the database). That being said, I'm honestly not 100% sure if stat wiping is possible on Bedrock, but if it is, it would be up to development to decide whether someone with a multum of hacking bans should get their stats wiped. However, from what I can see, they don't really learn their lesson and would probably just get back to where they were anyway, in which case I believe it would simply be a bit better of a solution if actively banned players are removed from leaderboards. When they're unbanned, they can come back. It's not a completely ideal solution, but I feel like for someone that gets banned a lot it would definitely put them off the leaderboards often enough.

Posted Sep 12, 2021 at 5:23 PM
  4. Don’t think there are stat wipes.

Posted Sep 13, 2021 at 11:42 PM
    AbleToStrafe likes this.
  5. Hey! So @maevestarbaby answered this perfectly. Mineplex does do stat wipes for Stat Boosting, but even then they are considered on a case by case basis as stated on the Punishment Guidelines. If you ever come across someone who you believe to be stat boosting, it is recommended you create a Forum Report with any and all information that you have. From there it will most likely be forwarded to someone on Rules Committee.

I reached out to someone on RC and they stated that stat wipes don't normally happen on the Bedrock platform, however, there is no harm in creating a forum report. Like it has been stated prior, stat-boosting is considered on a case by case basis, so I recommend creating a report with as much evidence as you can in order for it to be forwarded for RC to handle. If you have any more questions regarding this, you are more than welcome to contact someone on RC directly - they can be found here mineplex.com/subteams/.

Seeing as though your concern has been addressed, I'll go ahead and lock this thread. If you have any questions, feel free to message me or someone on RC through the link above.

Thread Locked -- Concern Addressed.

Posted Sep 15, 2021 at 11:09 PM
    CloudyDay1234 and AbleToStrafe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.