• 402 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8840 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Does Iron Golem need some knockback resistance?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by FriendlyShep, Oct 9, 2019 at 7:41 PM.

?

Does Iron Golem need some knockback resistance?

1. Yes, Iron Golem does need knockback resistance.

2. No, Iron Golem does not need knockback resistance.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I've found that anyone who can double jump hit effectively that isn't also chonky, or are even moderately ok at chicken can pretty effectively prevent Iron Golem from doing anything. His huge hitbox prevents him from hitting back properly-partially because of Mineplex combo hitreg-and cannot use his fissure to being lifted off the ground while being hit, and even if you're spamming the fissure button, you usually won't have aimed it properly. His Seismic Slam doesn't really help much, because it doesn't activate for a certain amount of time even if you're just sitting on the ground, and the Iron Hook has a decently long cool down, allowing plenty of time for a combo. I don't have huge amounts of experience with the game, but I've been used Golem for my last achievement (100 Free Kit Wins), and while usually I can handle the attacker alright, there are some ridiculous moments where I just feel helpless. I'm thinking maybe 25-50% knockback resistance.
    Note: He's also very easy to knock off the map in general, even with his Seismic Slam.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 7:41 PM
  2. I think he should have some resistance on knock back because it would only be more realistic to have a resistance on it. It’s a iron golem it should have some logic and I totally recommend putting in some sort of resistance even if it’s not crazy. But if they do than they should nerf at least something about it to make it less op but anyway, I think they should.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 7:52 PM
  3. Iron golem already has KB resistance. If you're still getting comboed off, I'd say it's just a matter of using your abilities more optimally or improving your aim.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 7:59 PM
  4. If he does have some, why isn't it listed as a passive, and why is it so little that I can't even notice?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 8:11 PM
  5. I'd assume thats because it's part of the kit's base stats, and not an ability. As for why you can't notice, sounds like a you thing. It is very noticeable when fighting Iron golems that it takes much more to hit them backwards.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 8:18 PM
  6. I’ve been playing SSM for a long time now and I used to play the Iron golem kit quite a lot. If you haven’t figured out by now the IG kit already does have some anti KB on it. It’s actually really hard to knock an iron golem off of the map unless your spamming it with combos left and right. And to be honest if your playing IG you can just double jump away. The iron golem kit might feel like it has minor anti KB but it’s actually surprisingly sturdy when it comes to getting hit. I mean like some other mobs abilities like the creeper bomb will shoot it quite far it’s still not going to be as effective as hitting a chicken with it.

At the moment I feel that the IG kit is perfectly balanced when it comes to anti KB and if the IG were to be buffed with more anti KB it would just make it too hard to fight the IG because if you haven’t noticed he’s one beefy guy.

I hope that this helped you out..
    - TheProTroller

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 8:23 PM
  7. Golem is one of the most balanced kits right now. With sufficient aim and spacing a golem can beat most kits but someone who doesn't know what they are doing will get comboed to the moon. Just keep practicing.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 8:29 PM
  8. Fair enough. I usually play him and not face him, and focusing on it now, I do notice it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks for the info!
    --- Post updated ---
    I did help me out. Thanks!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 8:36 PM