• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11836 Players Online
  • 8946 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Does different versions effect gameplay?

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Kisses4TheHomie, May 13, 2020.

1. I have been playing survival games for a while, and I have been playing on 1.8.9 and recently i have noticed that some players seem to move faster in the water, faster than the 1.8.9 movement speed. Im not sure if this is a bug or to do with people playing with newer versions on the server. As from 1.9 and higher movement in water is different. I also have other theorys about different versions to do with PVP. sometimes when im playing teams with my mate, and we are fighting a 2v1, the person seems to do AOE damage, like they seem to hit me while still hitting my mate. not sure if its a kit like barbarian because im not 100% how it works. sorry for my bad english, but hopefully some mod can help me here and explain it

Posted May 13, 2020
  2. 1.15.2 has a swimming animation that makes players go faster in water. That's the reason why you may see some players going faster. 1.8.9 does not have a swimming animation.

PvP seems to be the same for both versions because they have a 1.8 PVP plugin.

1.8.9 is recommended most of the time though.

Posted May 13, 2020
    ChiefChippy and Kisses4TheHomie like this.
  3. 1.8.9 also has block hitting and better pvp in general so I'd recommend it for SG.

Posted May 21, 2020
    FluteVegetables and ChiefChippy like this.
  4. I overall suggest the use of 1.8.9 whilst playing Survival Games. The only effect I have seen between the versions whilst in game is that you swim faster on 1.15.2, this isn't a massive effect but does give someone a massive advantageous position in water combat and provides an easy option to flee. Other than this there isn't really any other noticeable effects due to playing on different versions.

Posted Jun 9, 2020
  5. I don't think it makes that much of a difference to the PvP aspect to the game.

Posted Jun 13, 2020
  6. Hello there!

I'm unsure to why the player might be able to hit 2 players at once, nor if they truly go faster in water. However, when released 1.9+ combat, Mineplex adapted to it by automatically converting the pvp aspect to the original 1.8 combat. This may make it the slightest bit different while playing 1.9+, but it may not. I'm just trying to brainstorm as to why this may be, hopefully it helped. :)

Posted Jun 13, 2020
  7. Hi!

AOE damage is a perk that you get if you are using the barbarian kit, which does 75% damage to nearby enemies, and the kit it is exactly the same from 1.8 to 1.15. You don't get any advantage of using 1.9+ combat. Blockhitting works better on 1.8.9, and I would recommend using that version when playing in survival games.

Posted Jun 13, 2020
    Loofii likes this.