• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3371 Players Online
  • 3371 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Does anyone actually know what the owners are doing?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by EpicEnderDragon1, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Because staff members who suck up to higher staff in order to maintain their position rather than having a normal conversation need to understand that they are not being helpful in the slightest. So many staff members also reiterate the same thing over and over as if we don't understand what they're trying to say, and do not actually create an effective conversation.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  2. Apparently, you are the one misinformed. The server is operating as normal and is doing fine. You have zero argument.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  3. Hey,

A huge part of the reason why everyone expects front-end interaction from the owners is that they set this precedent in the past. What a lot of people find themselves doing (myself included, I'll be honest) is reminiscing on the days where the owners were more active and involved with players, and comparing this to what it's like now. Chiss, a former owner who resigned a few years ago, is renowned for the role he played within the community. For players who have been around for a while, they are disappointed this standard wasn't maintained, and those who are new are surprised it doesn't exist in the first place.

It's all well and good talking about how they should do this and should do that, and while in part I don't disagree, it's not something that's going to change unless they decide it themselves. If the concern lies with Trainees, Moderators, Admins, or even Leadership, there is always another higherup you can talk to. But the owners are at the top of the ladder. They handle the business side of Mineplex; who's going to lay out the law for them? If all the owners' intentions is to take care of what's behind the scenes without having a community presence, this doesn't change until they do.

What's been proven over the years is that different people in the position do things differently. I'm a Moderator and I would cry happy tears if I got the opportunity to have an actual conversation with one of the owners. I just feel like I don't have the right to demand that if they're handling everything well back-end. How do we know they are? We don't 100%, but we presume they are rather than assuming they aren't. Mineplex is still going, business decisions are still being made, and they're still here. We can discuss their inactivity front-end because we see that, but back-end, we don't know. I'm aware that's a flaw in itself, which this thread addresses, yet the irony of it is that no one here can really answer it straightforwardly.

The owners being more active and involved is a bonus, and a huge bonus at that; one we would all love to have. But at the end of the day, it will always be an option, down to the individual owners and what they want to do. It's clear what ours have chosen, and truthfully, I don't think I'm in any position to tell them they should be doing x y and z when I have no idea what they do behind the scenes or what's going on in their lives. Again, a flaw in itself, I know (specifically in relation to the transparency of what happens behind the scenes), but it's pointless asking for them to allocate time to front-end stuff when we don't know how much they allocate to back-end stuff.

Personally that's the kind of transparency I would be interested in before judging them for not staying regularly active. As for not checking in for years, I'm in agreement with everyone else; a quick update even once or twice a year at minimum is a realistic enough expectation to have.

Posted Apr 27, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 27, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  4. Not only that, every other large server owner has set the precedent. You can look at any other large Minecraft server: Hypixel, Cubecraft, Hive, etc, and you'll see that the owners interact with the community and are actively involved in development and production. The role the Mineplex owners have taken of being solely financial administrators is very unorthodox. I think thats a big reason people are upset with the Mineplex owners is that they see all the other large server owners interacting with the community whereas we are left in the dark.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  5. Calm down, everybody. I'm sure the owners will start looking at the forums as soon as we start putting stuff worth reading on them.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  6. I feel sorry for you having to deal with many replies right now, but based off my post and my profile in this community it is fairly evident I wasn't asking for help. I will elaborate my point - the owners are so detached from the server that not even the majority of the moderation team (read: Trainee to Sr. Mod) knows what they do. Your knowledge of documents is commendable.

Posted Apr 27, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 27, 2021
  7. I agree with you except here. I think it's clear that business decisions- at least, the right ones- aren't being made at all.

The shop items are still outdated for example. Where are price changes to overly expensive chests, amplifiers, etc.?

Is anything being done on the owner's end to regain the YouTube presence that got Mineplex so popular in the first place? They would have the most sway in those kinds of talks with popular content creators, not a member of CCC or an admin.

Just two examples.

People always like to say the owners handle the "business" side of things but never specify farther than that. Business is made with the community predominantly. If a desk worker for some corporation is working on business decisions, they are ultimately working to increase the profit of the company using sales from consumers. We are those consumers. So if we, the consumers, are not being clued into these things by advertisements, then it's obvious to me there is nothing being done on their end, or the "business" end. We are the business. And if there is, it is minimal, like paying the bills and whatnot. In other words, they are collecting the money like I said before, and redistributing some of it for server needs.

And it's not like I'm in any position of authority to say they have to be active. In fact, I don't think anyone is saying they have to. But what people are saying is they should. They should make the choice to be active because that is the best business decision they could possibly make. That's the one that matters.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  8. Keep telling yourself that buddy

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  9. 0tay ill do that

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  10. I wasn't talking to you my guy

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  11. My main takeaway from this is, contrary to what I might have believed previously, you can in fact get an idea of what’s going on back-end from what we see on the outside. It seems like I overlooked examples that were right under my nose, surprisingly enough they can be the least obvious to me at times. I’m talking about the pricing of the shop items in particular here.

It’s also an interesting perspective you offered that if the owners were truly focused on improving things from a business point of view, continuous interaction and involvement within the community is exactly what they should be doing. The only real way to give them the benefit of the doubt is the possibility they don’t recognise this as an effective business strategy, as opposed to refusing to do it for whatever reasons they may have. The fact I have to speculate and how I can’t guarantee their motives with certainty just circles back to the point that we don’t actually know much (or them) at all. Sadly I don’t know them any better than a level 2 player on the server would.

Thank you for your reply.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    Xukuwu, MaybeMulti, Thenorn and 2 others like this.
  12. I think we give whoever we're talking about kind of a hard time. We point out something that we think is bad, and instead of trying to help, we just say, "fix it." That being said, I think that the owners could probably be a little more... active.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  13. Honestly I appreciate you having an thoughtful conversation with us and not just blindly sticking up for the owners. You're a good man Caleb.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    Xukuwu, Genellee, Blazette and 6 others like this.
  14. ive always thought of this, i seen old videos that the owners played i belive they mostly do some CIO business things now

Posted Apr 28, 2021
    Genellee and EpicEnderDragon1 like this.
  15. You ignored my question before so I'll ask it once more.

If you believe Mineplex is doing "fine", then explain why their player count has fallen so dramatically.

Now if you can't answer it, don't make the presumptuous claim that Mineplex is doing "fine" because it evidently is not.

Posted Apr 28, 2021
    Genellee and MaybeMulti like this.
  16. People are growing out of Minecraft, and Mineplex. They are moving onto new things. You shouldn't expect things to stay the same forever.

Posted Apr 28, 2021
  17. The owners should definitely interact more with the community in my opinion, since they're the ones who decide what games/features get developer time. Just look at UHC--there wasn't a lot of support for it on forums or in the community, and now lobbies are struggling to get players, but the decision was made to bring back UHC since it's a well-known gamemode that people thought would bring in new players. Cake wars solo on Bedrock was a popular limited time game, and despite being asked for by many community members, the idea was denied for the foreseeable future for unknown reasons. If the owners were active on forums, Discord, or trello, they could see the ideas that are most requested by the community, the old games players most want back, and what features the community actually wants developed to make the most of their resources. So many ideas are marked as "processed" by CCC, yet we don't see them implemented for extensive periods of time, or sometimes, not at all. While not every thing needs to be added immediately, it would be nice if the owners could make decisions based on community feedback, which would require them to be active in at least one facet of the community.

Posted Apr 28, 2021
    SALB Music and WowCaleb like this.
  18. I would absolutely love to see the owners be more active. In my opinion if this were to be happening I think the quality of the server would be much greater. It’s disappointing to see that they don’t play much of a role anymore in the server’s development (aside from Strutt) but we can’t really do much about that. If the server is going to take a drastic turn for the better, I think it’s essential that the owners play a more vital role. I don’t know if this will happen in the future, but one can only hope.

One of the reasons I joined the staff team was to pitch in and help the server improve. Mineplex has been a huge part of my life and I’d love to see it go back to its glory days. Not sure if that’s possible now, but if the owners started playing a more proactive role, such as being in touch with the community instead of just being here for the finances, then I think we would see some good quality improvements. Us as staff members don’t really know what goes on in an owner’s perspective, so sadly we don’t know the true motives of the owners, but from what I can gather I think there are some improvements to be made.

Posted Apr 28, 2021
    Asteiph, Fusafez and WowCaleb like this.
  19. Of course not, but thinking about it like this, what is of Hypixel? Hell, cubecraft has been at a playerbase above 5k for years.

People will grow out of minecraft, but it goes both ways pal. There's a new generation of minecraft players. Stop being naive and swallow the truth.

Mineplex is not doing "fine". The server isn't having any amount of success outside of immortal, and you're not getting staff by repeating false claims.

I conclude that the owners running this server either don't care, or are dysfunctional introverts. What about you?

Posted Apr 28, 2021
  20. What about me? I am also a dysfunctional introvert, thanks for asking.

Posted Apr 28, 2021