• 1683 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7750 Players Online
  • 6067 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey Do you think that Mineplex should bring back TAP Partys (Poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by d9_, Feb 23, 2020.

?

Do you think that Mineplex should bring back TAP Partys (Poll)

Poll closed Mar 23, 2020.
  1. Yes

42.9%
  2. No

57.1%
  1. Of course, this only when there is an influx of trainees accepted.

In my opinion I think this would be a good addition to the server

Posted Feb 23, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Feb 23, 2020
  2. Thread Moved to Off Topic // Under Surveys

Heyo!

In my opinion, I don't really think Trainee Acceptance Parties should be brought back since there aren't too many Trainee accepted anymore, the batches are usually 3-5 people. Also, the reason Trainee Acceptance Parties stopped, was because Recruitment was tired of doing them. So, I don't think bringing back Trainee Acceptance Parties would be a good addition. I think they're fine being posted in Server Discussion.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    unforgetable likes this.
  3. They do host a couple of surprise ones here and there, I forgot the specific reason why they still don't do them. But I believe stopped in the first place like you stated, because of a decrease in amount of players applying, and also the TAPs started getting boring and stale. Which led to a lack of interest and less and less people started to attend them. But I do think that a TAP every once in a while (not every week like they were doing) would be nice.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  4. Hello!

In my opinion, they should do one TAP every couple months, or when there are updates besides from new trainees. This would give Recruitment a chance to tell the public about new updates for things like applications and new updates for requirements, etc. But also I don't want TAP's to be every time there are new trainees. From the time around 2016 and 2017, there were a lot of people applying. Since then, there has been a decrease in players, and that also pretty much means a decrease in people applying. Also, you don't need to fear if you missed a TAP if you don't go on the forums but have discord, because you wanted to see who the new trainees were, if they did not announce them after the TAP in #trainee-updates. So for now, I don't really think they should bring back TAP's every time there are new trainees, but every couple of months.

Have a good day/night!

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  5. I also think that this would be a good idea, I don't want them to make them weekly as they did in the past but on a rare occasion maybe every other month. Also combining it with different events like QNA's and announcements.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 23, 2020
  6. I think that by keeping TAP parties for fun announcements (as it is now) is more enjoyable for the community and more sustainable long-term. If we brought back weekly parties, interest would be very high but would likely drop off pretty quickly. Recruitment would once again be hosting these big events weekly with a most likely dwindling turnout. It's a fun nostalgic thing for now to just keep them as very unique events.

Additionally, these types of frequent parties likely required a good amount of planning, preparation, and execution on behalf of the Recruitment team. Their job is very important and I would rather energy be focused on seeking out and vetting the best candidates rather than making their acceptances just a bit more exciting for the rest of the community.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  7. The main reason we stopped hosting the TAPs was us not wanting to get a bunch of people together for a 2 minute announcement party. I don't really see that changing anytime soon.

The reason we've hosted TAPs in the past since discontinuing the event was due to us having something extra planned (i.e. Recruitment QnA). However, the QnAs don't really have that much demand (as showcased by the lack of asking for another one), so even with something added to the event it'll still just be us getting people onto a Discord server for a few minutes of announcements and then calling it quits.

As for 'other' announcements, we don't really get notified about that like we used to. I tried to push and see if someone had anything to announce the first time we did it, but with the lack of notice + the lack of consistency it's hard for the people who would announce stuff to really plan that out.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  8. Hi there!

I think TAPs were great - not only were they enjoyable to listen to but they brought excitement to the community every time new Trainees were accepted. However, as already stated, it was becoming tiring for Recruiters to host them every week, and additionally, less and less Trainees were being accepted due to the fact that less and less players were applying. This means, that whilst TAPs would be great to bring back, it's definitely not worth it at the moment. Good job for thinking of this suggestion though!

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  9. Hello there,

In my opinion, I don't really think Trainee Acceptance Parties should be brought back since there aren't too many Trainees accepted recently, the batches are usually 3-5 people, around this number. It has gotten harder to become a trainee since then, and more rules stand to apply. Also, the reason Trainee Acceptance Parties stopped, was because Recruitment was tired of doing them and simply stopped. So, I don't think bringing back Trainee Acceptance Parties would be a good addition. They would be of better use being posted in the Server Discussion.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  10. Trainee Acceptance parties were so fun and a highlight of each week. I personally think they could be brought back when there is a big batch for the week. I recently saw a batch of around 7.

Posted Mar 2, 2020
  11. Hey!

I personally disagree and while I would like to see TAP come back, I just think for the betterment of Recruitments time, TAP should stay as a fond memory. The reason is because before batches would be much larger; now, batches are 3-7 people at most, so having a 20 minute, at most, “party” doesn’t really seem like it’d be the best and most effective use of time.

Anyways that’s just my opinion.

~Nick

Posted Mar 2, 2020
  12. I would like to see TAP come back to Mineplex, but rn there's no reason because the batches of accepted trainees are about less than 10 on average.

Posted Mar 2, 2020