• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11952 Players Online
  • 9062 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Do you guys actually use Rune of Holding?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Suit of dogs, Jun 1, 2020.

?

do you use rune of holding seriously in a game?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2020.
  1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

24.0%
  1. Of course I do! Saves brick and emeralds. Also doesn't stress you out when you have a cake, the defence is getting mined and you've just died. You can swoop back in and finish that person off, saving you more lives instead of dying again.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  2. yeah lol not all Pocket Edition players are noobs. I'm one of them.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  3. Hey!

I rarely use the rune of holding, as I’m more of the player to rush all the teams at the beginning of the game, and like to keep games short. So my opponents usually don’t get stacked to the point where I need to use a rune of holding. I’ll admit, even when I do get to that point in some games, I don’t use it. I honestly have never really used it throughout my career of Cake Wars, and I don’t think I will use it too often.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  4. If I'm honest, I usally forget that it's even a thing.
    I just play very competitively and rush other teams as fast as possible I don't have the time to wait for all the resources to purchase this from the item shop since other teams will be fully geared already.
    So no, I do not use it.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  5. That’s why I said 80%

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  6. Yo!

To be honest, this item is one of those things that I rarely use in games. I only use it when I have good items that took me a little longer to get and I just want to rush someone and try to get their cake! That's the only scenario where I actually buy the rune of holding and use it. But even though that's the only time I use it, I only get it when my team is doing good and we have a lot of resources.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  7. U said 80 % of games have pe noobs. Not 80% of pe players r noobs.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  8. But lol does it matter

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  9. Ok, so in case this happened to you (like it did to me) the Rune of Holding glitch was fixed. Sometimes it wouldn’t activate, making many people (like me) find it completely useless. Now that it’s patched you won’t have to worry about wasting 20 emeralds for nothing. Hope this helped, MrScaryClaws

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  10. Excellent question, personally that's all dependant on the pace of the game for me if I see signs that game could be prolonged I would purchase one for safety, but if the game shows signs that it could end fast, I'll abstain from purchasing one. To get the best value possible for the rune, you must be wary of when and why they're purchased during a game.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  11. No, I think the rune is a waste late and middle game. Youll for sure have an edge in the early game, but its not really something I would consider essential. If you lose stuff your teammates will hook you up with whatever you lost if you ask them. Also Ive been victim to thinking I still had it on me only to realize I used it the death before and when I realize its usually too late.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  12. Compared to PC players, they kinda are lol

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  13. I only use runes when I know I would die or if I have an overload of emeralds.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  14. This is interesting, because me being a cross platform player, I’ve seen the completely wack bridging to technique of the bedrock community to work faster and more efficiently. With that being said, and the map size being the same across both platforms, on bedrock you most likely won’t need it because you be literally lighting rushing people versus on java where theres the not so fast/easy methods out there to repeat what’s being done on. So here’s my theory: Most people on Bedrock don’t need Rune Of Holding because they are too fast to die for reasons besides losing health from PvP. On the other hand, I’d say that more java people should/do use the rune more because there are more possibilities to actually lose your stuff. Also, don’t forget the item prices too.
    In conclusion, since I’m all about the java platform, I’d say I use the rune more. But, on bedrock I don’t think it’s really necessary.

Sent on my iPhone

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  15. Not if they’re good and know how to strafe, if u know what strafing is.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  16. Ayoo! Personally, I have not used rune of holding ever. I never really cared about losing my stuff, as I usually only have full iron and a diamond sword majority of the game. Another reason I've never bought it was because the actual item was broken on the bedrock platform for quite a while. It was never incorporated into my game strategy/habits, therefore I never felt the need to buy it.

Although, on Java I would buy it as I'm not as good on Java than Bedrock even though I rarely play CW if I do hop on Java anyways.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  17. I only use runes if I get diamond armor; it just helps me save emeralds if I do happen to die (especially if I try to rush other teams' cakes). I think they're a super useful item to have, especially if you have a pretty stacked inventory that would cost a lot to replace. If I only have full iron, though, I usually don't buy one.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  18. I usually use the Rune of Holdings instead of saving my emeralds to buy diamond armor. I do this because since I play on a mobile device I have issues speed bridging and I usually fall off and die. Having the Rune of Holding allows me not to lose my items from falling into the void.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  19. I use the rune but it doesn’t seem to work all the time. Does it work from falling in the void?

Edit: Miss typed a word.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  20. I only use the runes of holding when I’m basically forced to. If a game is between two teams and both teams are pretty even when it comes to cake protection, beacons, ore economy etc. you want to use the rune of holding.

When games start getting that close, your main goal is to want to get full diamond, full prot & sharp, and then a rune or holding. This makes it easier for when you’re trying to protect your cake or trying to make countless efforts to eat the other teams. It will also save you emeralds in the long run. I don’t use it often because I usually 4 queue with friends and they’re all really good; but on the off chance we get in a lobby with a really good team, the rune is really helpful.

Posted Jun 3, 2020