• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8878 Players Online
  • 5988 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Do you guys actually use Rune of Holding?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Suit of dogs, Jun 1, 2020.

?

do you use rune of holding seriously in a game?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2020.
  1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

24.0%
  1. i almost always play cakewars when i get on mineplex, and ive seen people talk about buying runes, but to be honest i just find it a waste of emeralds and ive only ever used it once just out of curiosity. so do you guys seriously use runes?

Posted Jun 1, 2020
  2. Well when you spend 50 emeralds on full diamond and you don't wanna lose it when you die, a rune can save you emeralds. I think they are very useful!

Posted Jun 1, 2020
    MrScaryClaws likes this.
  3. well to be honest i dont ever really use full diamond, i always just go for full iron and a diamond sword so that if i do end up dying i wont have lost that many resources

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 1, 2020
  4. Yes I definitely use runes if the game is a longer one and teams are starting to stack. It surprises me that you'v never bought diamond armor, it's pretty much an essential especially if you make it to cake rot. I use runes quite frequently actually. Good question!

Posted Jun 1, 2020
    PieOrPi likes this.
  5. My goal is to rush and finish the game before any other team has the chance to buy diamond armor. For most of the game, I'm going from base to base in iron armor with just enough to eat their cake and eliminate them, rather than getting mid or any of the emerald generators. If my cake gets eaten or the game goes until cake rot, that's when I'll buy diamond armor, but runes of holding wouldn't work at that point anyway.

Tl;Dr: Not for my playstyle, but it's a must for people that get stacked before going to other bases.

Posted Jun 1, 2020
    Wa1erhouze17 likes this.
  6. Runes used to be great, but for me they don’t seem to work anymore. If I get chucked into the void and hold it, sometimes my invent won’t stay.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    UCYT_uwu_5040 likes this.
  7. you dont need to hold it it works automaticly

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    girl1817girl and MrScaryClaws like this.
  8. Oh got it thx lol

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  9. Hey! I find the rune of holding to be very useful if I'm rushing a base, and have full diamond armor or other valuable items. I don't use it every game though, sometimes I don't even try to get full armor and rush without it, lol

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  10. totaly agree

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    oBasically likes this.
  11. I guess it depends on the game, sometimes I use them, sometimes I don’t.
    For quicker games where I don’t bother purchasing diamond armor, there isn’t really much of a point in purchasing them. Why save up for something so expensive when a full set of iron armor is cheaper.
    But, usually if there’s another team that’s evenly skilled, we’ll end up going to cake rot. Usually that means I’ll have purchased a full set of diamond armor a little before cake rot. I’ll definitely have purchased a rune as well, I wouldn’t want to lose all of that stuff that far into the game.
    Interesting thread!

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  12. I usually rush so quick I don’t need a rune of holding, 80% of games are all Pe noobs

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    Wa1erhouze17 likes this.
  13. Hey,

I actually use the Runes a lot. If the games go on for awhile and I have full or an almost full set of diamond armour, I feel like it's essential to get this Rune to make sure I didn't waste 50+ Emeralds, and for the price of 20 that's a pretty good deal. It's surprising to me that you don't buy diamond armour, because that's usually what I get as soon as possible in any game. However, everyone has their play style.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  14. Hey!
    I always am using runes when the games last longer and the other teams have diamond armour. I really never wanna take a chance at losing all my diamond armour that costs 60 emeralds when I can just save it with a rune of holding for 20 emeralds instead of buying it all again for another 60. I think that if you see the game lasting awhile and need you're stuff in the event that you die and you might lose, it defiantly is something to consider buying.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  15. Leather rusher here. I don't buy it because I don't carry much on me. A pick and an axe and a few endstone is enough to get a cake if successful. The price is too high for me even when I'm full diamond in end game. I just try to pearl a lot and fight less aggressively. If my team gives me one, or if I find one in the chests, of course I'd use it for a push.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  16. Hello there!

Most of the time I use rune of holding because I forget about it too. But yes, it’s very useful when I have full diamond.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  17. G'day!

When I play on Java I definitely do use the Rune of Holding as it is cheaper to purchase every time you die than a whole set of Diamond gear + any other equipment you had/need.

I would love to also use it on Bedrock but as of right now there is a bug (it has been reported) that doesn't keep my inventory upon death, even if I do have Rune of Holding. But also a lot of my Cake Wars' games go pretty quick to the point where I don't even have enough time to get emerald generators and then save up for the rune.

Every game has its own unique outcome depending on how many players, which map is played, etc. I don't go into a game thinking if I need to get the rune of not, it's more or less an opportunity that presents itself when need be.

Cheers,
    Danny.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  18. Hi I use the runes. I find them expensive but useful because i forget to put valuables in the chest. (P.S:i play bedrock)

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  19. [QUOTE="DFGamer, post:
    I would love to also use it on Bedrock but as of right now there is a bug (it has been reported) that doesn't keep my inventory upon death, even if I do have Rune of Holding. But also a lot of my Cake Wars' games go pretty quick to the point where I don't even have enough time to get emerald generators and then save up for the rune.
    [/QUOTE]
    I do play bedrock and it keeps it for me. I have not encountered the bug

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  20. i think the rune is essential because i normally get full diamond and i don't want to lose it

Posted Jun 2, 2020