• 486 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4491 Players Online
  • 4005 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Do The Withers Need a Nerf?

Discussion in 'Wither Assault' started by Gage13H, Oct 23, 2018.

?

Should Withers be nerfed

Poll closed Nov 20, 2018.
  1. Yes, withers are OP and need to be nerfed.

75.0%
  2. No, I like the feeling of power I get from wrecking little kids.

25.0%
  1. I've noticed that a lot of people think the withers in wither assault are too overpowered. I agree that the game is mainly to hide from them, but the chances of running when they've seen you are slim. And you probably know, they can see the names that appear over your character. One time I caught a tunneler literally inside a gigantic block of stone because I saw his name. Yes, they're meant to be OP. Yes, you can still get away. But between their mobility, damage output, and semi-omniscience, they're arguably pretty overpowered. My suggestion is that their speed is slowed slightly to allow for player escape. The wither will likely kill the player anyway, because of its arsenal of semi-godlike powers.

Posted Oct 23, 2018
  2. I disagree, giving the human time more power would make the balance of this game less fun imo.
    As you said the point of the game is hide from them and remain unseen throughout the game, that'll be broken with either a nerf to the withers or a buff to the humans.

Maybe I can vouch for an ability to slow down the wither temporarly for a few seconds but that should also be limited in the amount of times it can be used in a match, otherwise it'll be unfair to the withers.

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  3. I have to disagree with this.

I personally think that wither assault is a pretty balanced game. However, I think if a kit were to be added, it should be a kit with a bow and the bow temporarily blinds and slows the withers if they are shot. You would have 12 arrows for the game and it was cost 5000 gems. Imo, if anything is to be changed in Wither Assault, it should be adding a new kit.

-Animalll

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  4. You do know this is already in the the game, right?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 24, 2018
    Posted Oct 24, 2018
  6. This is already somewhat broken with wither smell, which pinpoints player's locations exactly. If you're last alive with two minutes or so, you pretty much are completely screwed no matter what, especially on labyrinth. Unfortunately, if wither smell stays in its current form, hiding from withers will remain a large challenge, since they can use the trail from the wither smell to pinpoint you quickly, especially using teamwork.

As for the main thread, I would say that withers are in need of some form of a nerf, seeing how I literally have not played a single game of Wither Assault where the players won vs the withers, and I feel like the wither smell is a large factor in determining the winning teams of rounds. Not saying it should be removed, but if anything needs a nerf for withers, it would for sure be that.

There's actually a whole Wither Assault update plans document made by the GI discord, as seen here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/13bh2_t1ttiFDUm-Wr6O5kf0kIX8GlduhynND0kSMIY4/edit
    feel free to give it a look

Posted Oct 30, 2018