• 355 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5897 Players Online
  • 5542 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Do something already

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by LegoNick1208, Jun 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alright so i just fought a team of 4 flyhackers and i am MAD.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE HACKERS

I went into the forums and looked up /report posts and such, looking for a time when this was processed, as mods have told me A LOT.

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/the-report-command.99878/

Thats the post that was processed, linked by MODS in MANY other /report posts for bedrock.

Every time, now and then, we were told this:

"This has already been processed, as seen here. Give us time, we are working on it."

That post i linked above? That was OVER A YEAR AGO. It was made Feb 22 2020. That was BEFORE COVID HIT THE WORLD.

BEFORE SCHOOLS SHUT DOWN
    BEFORE THE WORLD WENT ON LOCKDOWN

Thats how long we have been waiting for a feature that should have been made before this server went public as a featured bedrock server IN 2016!

We only have one dev, thats leaderships fault. HAVE THEM ADD THIS.
    dont tell me these things take time, you had over a year and all of the lockdowns to do this, add a feature thats a standard on ALL OTHER SERVERS and ALREADY ON THE JAVA SERVER. It cant be so hard to add it takes over a YEAR OF DEV WORK. The dev is not only working on that? WHY. Hackers should be the #1 Priority, its what mineplex is known for. DO SOMETHING.

Dont tell me to have patience, its been a year.
    Dont say we are working on it, and not do anything.
    Dont say we are adding it and NEVER ADD IT.
    You said you would do this over a year ago.
    Did you lie?
    Or will you listen to the community, and add a way to report hackers.
    Heres what the person who made the thread processed said:

"Hey, thank you for suggesting this idea! I’m happy to inform you that one of our developers, Gyroninja, has confirmed that a /report command will be added in the future. This command will make it much more easier to report hackers, and you won’t have to go to the website to do it. It’s definitely going to be nice when this command is added, as it will be a much more efficient way to deal with hackers. With all that being said, this thread as now been marked as Processed."

THEN.

in the thread, someone linked this:
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/idea-the-bedrock-update.84961/
    This post was made by a MOD. Linked from another mod, and they made it out as if this would happen.

In the thread:
    New Command
    /report

When players report a player then will do /report {username} and a GUI will pop up with 3 options. Hacking, Chat Related, Gameplay once the player chooses one of the 3 it will be sent off to Online Staff members. When a Staff member open's the report if it's a hacking one they will get what server they are currently on so they can watch them. If chat it will send chat logs with the report and if its gameplay it will send the server name as well. Players can only make up to 5 reports a day and Knight+ can make reports. After 2 hours a report will be deleted. When a Staff Member wants to claim a report they can do /reportclaim and it will give them a random report. If someone is abusing the report system the staff member can request to have them banned from making reports.

That is copied straight from the thread.

This thread was made in NOVEMBER 25 2019!

When are you going to add it, mods themselves have said it will be a thing.
    Dont tell me mods are not all powerfull, and cant decide updates. I. Dont. care.
    You can contact the devs or something, im not one i dont know what you can do.
    Add this stupid thing.

Posted Jun 12, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  2. I'm going to be very blunt with you in this post. I don't like to sugarcoat things. Feel free for anyone to correct me if I'm wrong on anything here.

New Devs are in the process of being hired currently. I would love to imagine that when these new Devs arrive one may be assigned to do a /report update, or choose to do it if they're allowed to. Typically our Devs are given tasks by someone higher than them (typically leadership) and may not have time or be allowed to work on other things.

While the /report update may not be being worked on currently (as no one would know this besides Devs [maybe sometimes QA depending how far x project is, but considering they're all under NDA and this stuff usually isn't allowed to be said until it's released, the chances of us knowing are slim to none]), it is at the very least on a planned update/wanted feature list somewhere for the devs. For this idea specifically, as you stated yourself/saw, Gyro does want to work on it, so there's some hope there at the very least. The only problem is, other projects can come up that he must work on as per leadership or whoever else can give him projects.

And, no, we [Builders, Trainees, Mods, Sr.Mods, even Admins most of the time] cannot tell Devs what to work on next. Admins may forward things to Devs and ask for them to be planned for the future/be put on a request list at the very least. There is also a Sr.Mod team called Community Management (which also has assistance from a Community+ team called Community Council) which focuses on getting feedback and ideas for the Java and Bedrock platforms, which is why most of these ideas you see here on the forums are marked as "processed" or "denied". Unfortunately, CoM (Community Management) can process all these ideas, but that never means they'll be done in the near future/immediately (as it stands currently, some ideas may not even happen at all until more Devs come in/we have more Dev time). All it means currently is that these ideas that are processed by CoM or CCO are all things the community wants, but if a Dev was given another task by leadership or doesn't want to work on an idea on our idea boards and do something themselves, then we cannot control that. Yes, I understand CoM should be having more of a say in what the next update should be vs leadership picking and choosing. GI (Game Insights) should also be having a say in what games are getting updated next, and straight from the docs they create. In reality, this just isn't the case and we do not have the power to decide what is updated or worked on next.

Unfortunately, I will be saying this; you have to keep waiting and hope that a Dev is either working on it or will work on it in the future. We cannot choose for them, possibly only suggest things, but they won't have to do it unless leadership absolutely tells them they have to. That's just the reality right now.

I very much understand you're mad, and I very much understand you're feeling like no one is listening to the community. A lot of people feel this way. Even staff that have been wanting x updates aren't happy. We just need more Devs and more dev time to get us going again. Maybe after Alex is done with that hiring process we'll see a great incline in things getting done around here. I should have very much addressed your thread by this point (and yes, the /report idea for Bedrock is still planned) and because of that, it will be locked. Please message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Jun 12, 2021
    chhase, Paingwin, traincar100 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.