• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Do egirl skins make you god at pvp

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Comrad_Pepe, Jan 20, 2020.

1. In every game I join, there are people with skins that are like this:

[​IMG]

or this:

[​IMG]
    And they will utterly destroy you in PVP. Players with this eboy/egirl skins can hit you from like 5 blocks away. Maybe I just suck at PVP, but I can always seem to beat people with any skin except for this kind. I swear these skins come with build-in killaura. No matter what game I play or what server I'm on, players with egirl skins are all god at fighting. Does anyone else agree with this? This is just my own stupid opinion but I'm literally considering changing my skin to an egirl just to see if I will gain pro PVP skills.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  2. No, a skin cannot make you any better/any worse at the game. The people who you are fighting probably have been playing the game for a long time and are simply good at it. Along with this, unless they are cheating they will not be able to hit you from 5 blocks

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  3. xD
    That sure would be hilarious if using those skins gave you a boost in combat haha. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. :P I know from personal experience of using a egirl skin. @[email protected]
    This would make for some pretty hilarious statistics if you think about it. "Combat Quality based on Skins"

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  4. LOL usually people who are high level, are good, or are closeters, have these types of skins because they look cool and are really trendy. Kinda like the igns with word-names or have words or some type of distinct name like "Erols" for example. I get what you are saying because it seems so true xD

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    _RSTC_ likes this.
  5. Yes, I can CONFIRM this! Everyone who blames their PRO PVP SKILLS on their epic gamer chairs are LIARS! Using an egirl or eboy skin is a GUARANTEE win! I was not even able to DOWNLOAD an egirl skin, because I am NOT worthy of the ULTIMATE power it bestows upon the player! Best of luck for finding a GOOD eboy/egirl skin to use, fellow epic gamer!

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. they also make you a professional frost spammer in cakewars

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  7. a quarter of mineplex's playerbase is filled with people like this. however usually i might see dark emo goth egirl skins, it’s pretty cringe

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  8. Unfortunately, I doubt these eboy or egirl skins give you a real tactical advantage over the other players. However, when I see a player with a good looking egirl skin I usually hesitate slightly before killing them lol. This is interesting to see the statistics though.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    CZArkolan likes this.
  9. Despite what other people have said, I've found that wearing such a skin will give you enough power to kill God.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    CZArkolan, Vocaloiid and SpitefulNick like this.
  10. :sigils_down:

Interesting concept, @iiSpecter.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    GAM and Vocaloiid like this.
  11. Heyo!

Technically, skin do not give you an in-game advantage. So to answer your question no. Though when I wear "sweaty" skins as people call it, I do feel more confident in my games and feel like I PvP better. I don't if that's just me or? Haha! Anyway cool thread but no "e-girl" skins will not give you an advantage!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  12. Hey there! These skins are prominent on the Mineplex Server, and they are common in a lot of games, especially in parties. Though these skins are a common sign of a Mineplex Egirl/Eboy, I will tell you some other signs as well. Usually, a player with this skin with have a relatively short name, like 6 characters or shorter. If they don't, then they likely have an x, q and often a name with two letters in a row at the end; and it is all lower case. Players with these skins are likely to have a rank, often being Eternal. These skins do not give a PvP advantage, however; depending on the level-- they could be pro. There is also a good chance they're cheating, usually being reach that they toggle on and off so they don't get caught. If you ever see people with this skin spam the "Is this easy mode?" or say L, this is a somewhat common trait and is typical for the absolute tryhards with an Eboy/Egirl skin. Something else you might see with people with this type of skin is possibly matching names, or they're standing really close to each other looking in the same direction and holding the same gadget in their hand. If you see this, you have spotted what is referred to as an "Edater". Edaters are now a pretty common thing on Mineplex, and will almost always have a skin like this, or some other kind of matching skin. You might also see someone that matches this description scream out a random name in all caps in the lobby when they see someone they know join it. This is common, since there are many friend groups who know each other. If edaters are playing a game together, you might see the Blow A Kiss Taunt, in which you will see in chat: "<username> blows a kiss at <egirl1>!" You will also see another one, no more than 3 seconds after; at this point, you can almost confirm they are edating, especially if they have matching skins and names. If you change your skin to an Eboy or Egirl, you might not get the skills, but if you go in Lobby-1... well I'll let you figure that out for yourself. Especially if you have an Egirl skin and are above level 60. In Lobby-1, you might see a hill to the right of the spawn, in which there could be groups of Eboy/Egirl skins and a lot of others AFK, just standing and probably voice calling. We refer to this as "Edater hill", which used to be known as "Staff hill" before edaters became popular. If they are toxic, just ignore them! Sometimes they all get mad when they lose a game. I forgot to mention, sometimes they are all in a big party. And you can tell this by if 9 people join or leave at the same time.

Well, that's it for this episode of: Consider The Following! Thank you for watching, Mineplex Science. <Bill Nye outro song plays>

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  13. thank you so much, i agree with everything you said about these eboys/egirls in this post. the Xs and Qs and kiss taunts, i can relate when they do that no joke

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  14. Hello, there. As stated above by multiple players, skins do not give you an advantage at PVP. This is probably just a common skin used, and maybe the players who use it are better than you, thus making you believe this statement.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  15. I would say some of that is generalizing because players with those skins are not more likely to cheat than others?? I mean it may seem that way but I doubt you could make that assumption based only on a skin. These skins are probably just very popular.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  16. As an egirl myself, I can confirm that all egirl skins automatically come with killaura

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  17. Nah dude these skins come with an 80% chance to either receive reach, kb modifier, or auto clicker. That's why you see so many of them smacking you from china.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    CZArkolan and FluteVegetables like this.
  18. I think it just depends on the person whether they are honest and play the game fairly or cheat.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  19. You forgot to add that anyone with this skin also has a 70% chance of having an IGN that contains an Adverb or a Verb + ing. An example is @Snowing_

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    Im_Ken, CZArkolan, Task and 5 others like this.
  20. I saw this thread, and I decided to test it out. I’ve played as an egirl skin ALL DAY, and can confirm that I was invited to more parties, and carried. It may not make you better at pvp, but it definitely makes you feel better at pvp.

- UmNick

Posted Jan 22, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.