• 500 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2584 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Do "Combos" really exist?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by MLG0328, Oct 13, 2019.

1. I've seen people talk about this before, especially with kits like Guardian. However, I'm a bit confused by this notion of combos. See, from what I understand, a combo is when you do a series of attacks or abilities that stack or flow well and don't allow the enemy getting combed to just fight back. However, from what I can tell, these "combos" people say are done can be:
    -Stopped with an ability by the guy being comboed. (Either from using it to escape or to just break the combo)
    -Double jumped out of.
    -Stopped by just turning around and backing off.
    Is it just me? Is there something im not quite getting?

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  2. Of course combos exist they are just hard to pull off. Unless you are very experienced with the class you are using, combos can be hard to pull of because it requires a lot of muscle memory. However, if you keep practicing, it become easy to pull them off. Regards - Awesome299

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  3. Well that didn’t really answer my question. Sure, I get there’s a timing to these things but how do they ignore abilities or just running out of it?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 13, 2019
  4. I’m not quite sure what you mean, are you asking how people get comboed if they can do those things to break it? If you are, then it isn’t always as easy as it looks on paper. Your ability might be on cool down which means you can’t use to it break a combo. You also run the risk of being hit off the map if you double jump, the same with turning around and backing off. There are also some players who aren’t experienced in pvp who might not know how to break a combo and such. If this isn’t what you meant, then reply and hopefully I can answer your question further.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  5. Nope, that’s what I meant. Thanks for clarification!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 13, 2019
  6. True combos don't really exist, but there are a fair amount of combos that work around 98% of the time. Some of these include iron hook into melee, melee into sulphur bomb, slime slam into melee, and the list goes on. Most of these combos are simply 2 hits, often the ability used to approach in a kit with a melee attack. True combos won't ever really exist as long as you can knockback cancel moves or use an ability to escape out of them, such as blink.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    • General Rudeness Severity 1
    Who needs abilities when you can just 10 block everyone like Tree

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  7. Combos are just when an ability can, if not reacted to, lead really well into another. There are no true combos in Smash Mobs as Enderman could blink after getting hit by a single thing and theoretically never get hit by the followup, but there are "combos" nevertheless. Skeleton using roped arrow to do damage and close the distance for a bone explosion. Horse using bone kick right as bone rush ends. Pig hitting you with 6 pieces of bacon in a row. Chicken stopping a missile knockback with eggs to line up an instant second missile. They exist, are pretty difficult to perfect (other than horse) but if you get it down, the opponent can't do much unless they have an anti-knockback ability (super squid, flame dash, etc) or instant teleportation (wither, enderman). The inability for over half the kits to stop the onslaught is why they're deemed combos.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  8. I'll give you a little secret..
    If you get CPS in the double digits, Use wolf, and can aim well everything is a combo.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  9. facts

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Crash and little_dude_9000 like this.
  10. Silence smelly long arm blaze >:(

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  11. do I know you

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.