• 1736 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6148 Players Online
  • 4412 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion DMT Kits - Selector + Extra Time

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Marzie, Jun 17, 2019.

1. I think the old DMT kit where you could pick words should make a comeback.

For those who don't know what kit I'm talking about, it was a kit where you got to choose from 3 words in chat and if you didn't pick a word in chat after a certain amount of time, it chose a random word for you. The kit's name was selector.

I know there was also a kit that let you have extra time, and it (extra time) was the default kit back then. Maybe the extra time kit could also make a comeback?

I'm really not sure why these kits were removed in an old update. I know the achievement kit for DMT became the new default player kit because it just made the entire game better for everyone.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
    coralines likes this.
  2. Hi!

I love the concept of being able to pick the word you want, but instead of adding it as a new kit, I think it should be implemented into the default kit.

I don't agree with adding another kit that gives you more time because picking the selector kit would come at a cost. You shouldn't have to sacrifice your spot in the game so you can pick a word of your choice.

+ 0.5

Keep only 1 kit, but add the word choice feature into that one kit

Thanks for reading and have a nice day :D

Posted Jun 17, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 17, 2019
  3. Both these ideas sound really good, and me being a pretty avid DMT player myself, I think I would greatly enjoy these kits. I used to always use the word picker kit when it was a thing, and I do sort of miss it now. I also think that the extra time kit making a comeback would be extremely useful. Me personally, I'd probably use the word picker kit over the extra time kit, but I would really love to see both kits make a comeback. Overall, being an avid DMT player, I think that these kits should make a comeback. They were useful when they were a thing and I see no reason not to bring them back.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  4. I agree completely. I play DMT frequently and would love to see both of these implemented again. It would definitely modify the repetitive nature of the game. With DMT having the ability to choose the words, it would prevent the situations where players have no idea what they have to draw. A few examples of words I see people get confused on are James Bond, cork, whisk... and bringing this back would simply decline the amount of confusion. Not only that but it would help the game quicken if the artist knows how to draw the word given and help the players effortlessly guess. I bring up the game quickening because with the addition of an extra time kit, the game would already be a little bit longer, therefore the kits would balance each other out. The time would also be very useful when the artist purely needs more time to convey what they are drawing. As of now whatever is in the hand of the drawer shows up above the XP bar, which is confusing to a good amount of players. It’s very much a reach, but more time, the kit if they choose it, would give them more time to realize if what they’re actually drawing is a pencil (sword without the texture pack) or not. Since these these were previously kits, it shouldn’t be too difficult to bring them back. :)

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  5. I definitely agree with this. I played Draw My Thing all of the time before the update that removed kits and gave it a texture pack. I'd love to see the texture pack removed along with the kits bring implemented again. Having an achievement kit also got players to play Draw My Thing more just to get the kit for the clout, which is a good thing to have with a game.

Would the rest of the kits make a comeback? I know there were at least three kits and maybe a fourth, as the only ones I can remember are the ones with extra time, Selector, and one that had access to circle and square tools. These kits bring a nice twist to the game and keep Draw My Thing from being plain old Pictionary.

I think reverting the most recent update to the game (which I think is the one mentioned above) would work the best for Draw My Thing. Texture packs kill games, and that's the story with what happened to DMT. Removing kits make the game a lot more bland, so adding them back would bring a lot of popularity back.

Overall a great idea! +1

Posted Jun 25, 2019