• 1353 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8238 Players Online
  • 6885 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed DMT Idea

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by xGetRekted, Feb 1, 2020.

?

Should this be implemented?

Poll closed Mar 2, 2020.
  1. Yes!

83.3%
  2. No! (Please explain why)

16.7%
  1. Hey! I’m still new to Java, but I’ve been playing more lately. Yesterday, I was playing DMT and players were saying the answers in the chat, the drawer and the contestants. My suggestion is to mute the drawer so they cannot say what the drawing is, I think that once a contestant guesses the drawing correctly they shouldn’t be able to speak in the chat until the round ends and the drawing is revealed. Let me know what you think!

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  2. Hey,

I can see why people may think this is a good idea. Having the drawer muted will mean that they are unable to give the word away to other players and would make the game fairer, in theory. However, I don't believe that muting the drawer will make any difference in that regard. I say this because they are still capable of simply drawing the word out on the board, making the mute irrelevant. For muting other players once they have guessed the word, I suppose that could work, however taking away the ability for general chatter may frustrate some players, so I'm not sure where I stand on that idea.

Overall, I'll have to give this idea a -1, let me know if you disagree with anything I've said! :)

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  3. Thanks for the feedback! I have to agree with this statement, sadly, there’s no way to stop the drawer from drawing the word out.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 1, 2020
    Korben and Dallarth like this.
  4. Heyo!

This seems like a good idea to the eye. The idea of this idea is to get rid of people spoiling the game and making it unfair. Though I don't think muting the drawer and people who guessed it right is the move for this. The drawer could still put the word on the board so everyone else can type it out and get points. Though just a heads up, the next time you see players putting the words in chat, feel free to screenshot it and send it in as a report @ www.mineplex.com/reports or if you have Hero+ feel free to do /report (IGN) Chat Abuse as putting the word in chat is Gameplay Trolling and is punishable. Though that is only if they're writing the word on the board, if it's in chat, then it's Chat Trolling.

Cool idea though I don't think it'll stop players from spoiling the game.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    Korben and xGetRekted like this.
  5. Thanks for the feedback! Didn’t know you could report players for doing that, so thanks for the tip as well!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 1, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  6. Even if the drawer was muted it wouldn't make that much of a difference. I play DMT often and sometimes people guessing the word also intentionally or unintentionally give out the word. The only solution would be to mute everybody, but that would ruin the fun of the game because then you can't interact with any players while you play.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    Korben and xGetRekted like this.
  7. I've always been on the stance of muting everyone in chat. It just makes sense if you're gonna have a guessing game and you're trying to make it a fair experience overall. I do understand the sacrifice of not being able to chat with friends though.

Spelling the word on the board is a rule offense anyways, so you can always report that. My take on this idea would still be muting everyone, but you're able to see your own guesses, kind of like a private chat. That way, you're able to see your guesses without having any hints or spoilers so other players are able to take those hints and use it to their advantage.

I'm all on board for muting everyone in chat (and if you don't like the DMT resourcepack too, I like you a lot), so you get my stamp of approval

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  8. As somebody who enjoys chatting in DMT games even after I've guessed the word, I'm not a huge fan of this idea. I may be having a conversation with others between guesses, and I'd hate to have limited chat time due to guessing the word correctly. I agree with what @Worpp has said that it makes sense to mute players after guessing correctly in a guessing game. However, I'm still not convinced that it would be an enjoyable implementation. I definitely know that it can be frustrating when players spoil the game for others by saying the word in chat, but I don't think that this is a plausible solution. It's a very good suggestion in theory, but I'm not a fan of taking away chat freedoms just because of a specific game mode.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  9. I actually do not mind this idea whatsoever. I completely see where you are coming from and implementing this in game can potentially stop people from ruining the game by giving the word out, which also prevents people from breaking a rule. However, as other people mentioned, this can frustrate other players as they cannot talk in chat. I think what could work out is to just filter the word out when the player has guessed it so they cannot spoil it for others.

Another way that this can work out is that they mute the game overall and you can only guess and not speak afterwards. This shouldn't be a problem as if you're with friends, you can easily party them and talk in party chat. Or they can separate the chat from the people that guessed it through something like team chat (#I guessed it correctly!) which only the people that guessed the word in can talk in.

Overall, I give this idea a +1.

Keep up the great work,
    Kind regards,
    -Dac​

Posted Feb 8, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  10. I think I would support this idea if it was implemented. Chat trolling and gameplay trolling are already punishable offenses. There isn't really a need for the drawer to use chat anyway, and if they spell out the word on the board, they can be punished for that too; just remember to use the various methods of reporting available such as StaffRequest, /report, or the forums. I also think that this feature would be useful after a player has guessed the word as it avoids making them spoil the word for others. I'd have to agree with this idea overall. Keep up the ideas <3

Posted Feb 8, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 and xGetRekted like this.
  11. I understand your concern about this, but muting the drawer isn't necessarily the solution to this problem. After reading a couple of responses on this thread, several people have mentioned to either mute those who have guessed correctly or filter the word in chat would be a better solution. The best solution (in my opinion) would be to filter the word that the drawer is drawing because muting someone would probably make the game more boring. If you can't spoil what the word is, then you have to explain what it is in order to help people guess correctly. And even though it's possible to bypass the filter, people may realize that it's actually punishable to type the word in chat. In fact, I've seen many people just typing the word to everyone without knowing that it's actually punishable to do so, and it could save a ton of punishments to filter the word in my opinion.

So overall, I understand your concern, but I don't believe that muting the drawer is the best solution to it, so I'll give this a -1

Posted Feb 8, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  12. Hey.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this idea. At first glance, it seems like a relatively easy solution to the problem of people revealing the word they're drawing. However, seeing as how there are still other methods of doing this same thing the mute feels unnecessary. Seeing as how this is already a muteanle offense, taking away the person drawing's ability to have a conversation so that they don't break the rule is an extra step that I'm not sure would have many benefits.

As nice as it could potentially be seeing as how this is a relatively widespread issue, it does take away the ability for the "artist" to carry on with a potential conversation that they are having with their friend. Additionally, would this carry through to /msg or party chat as well? If not, there could be workarounds, however if it did prevent them from talking that could be an issue as well.

Overall, I'm not really a fan of this.

Posted Feb 8, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  13. Having discussed this in the GI discord we have decided to approve the idea of muting the artist but deny the idea of muting guessers after they have successfully guessed the word for the following reasons:

Artist mute:

• It's a maximum of two minutes per game where you are supposed to draw so it won't cause much annoyance with being unable to talk with friends
    • This won't completely stop people giving their friends words, but it is one step to take to discourage such behaviour. Most people who cheat use party chat or /msg such that removing the ability for the artist to speak will eliminate a good percentage of teaming

Guesser mute:

• Would make the game boring if you were unable to talk to people and had to sit in silence for the entire time
    • Revealing the word to the entire lobby doesn't give anyone an advantage over other people - it's only an issue when the word is revealed privately which is almost always done by the artist to their friend who is guessing. If the two people teaming were both guessing, there's less of an advantage to telling each other the word since it takes longer to communicate it and someone could have already beaten them to the 3 points.
    Processed - partially approved by GI

Posted Jul 24, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.