• 3280 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11922 Players Online
  • 8642 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Display Player Level in Tab Menu

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jaek, May 29, 2019.

1. Hello!

Today, I'm suggesting that player levels be displayed in the tab menu in front of their names. Something I do regularly (others may too) is to check if a player is high level or not by checking their stats. This takes a long time to type out and it would be much, much simpler if the level was already in the tab menu.

Let me know what you think!

Posted May 29, 2019
  2. Heyyo! I like this idea, I also check people's levels through /stats, but it would be a lot more simple if it were in the tab menu. Won't take that long with Mineplex's skilled developers too. +1

Posted May 29, 2019
    Jaek likes this.
  3. Imo this would just be very annoying for high level players as they would be spotted very easily, and targeted. When I play pvp games, the first players I usually check stats of are ranked players as usually, dedication to the game and the server as a whole may be linked to having a rank. I feel like there's already a small form of targeting towards ranked players in some games, the evidence being the few ideas threads suggesting an ability to hide the rank in tab.
    If the level was to be added in tab, I believe it would make this problem even worse as no extra effort would be needed to separate players you need to target from other players.

Posted May 29, 2019
    Makiz, NoHaxJustCats_ and JMPhase like this.
  4. I completely disagree with this idea. As said by @Nicodami above, people who are high leveled would just be constantly targeted in games. I agree that there is also some form of targeting towards ranked players already, and that this would just add to it. Players would just be annoyed or scared to play games because they would be targeted for their level most of the time, and it wouldn't be fun for them. Yes, while this thread is suppose to be a QoL change, it brings too many other issues with it.

Posted May 29, 2019
  5. Heyo!

I also disagree with this idea. Players who have a high level will target those who have a lower level.

Posted May 29, 2019
  6. Targeting is extremely annoying, I think we can all agree on this. I think that adding this feature will increase the rates at which higher level players get targeted like others have stated before. I know that some well known high level players get target just because people know their name. Adding this feature will make it worse for those lesser known or those who don't speak in chat frequently to avoid targeting. I also think it may make tab look a bit messy because there is already a bit going on with all of the different ranks and colors for those. Overall, -1 from me.

Posted May 29, 2019
  7. Hello,
    I do not think it would be beneficial to display player levels in tab. I agree with those above who said this would further encourage the targeting of higher ranked players. No one wants their game to be ruined by being specifically targeted by other players. I also think this would make tab a bit messy. Tab is simply used to see who is in your lobby and, if someone is not talking in chat, there is really no reason to want to know their rank. Thanks for the idea, but its a -1 from me.

Posted May 30, 2019
  8. It's something that would be really cool to have in-game. I personally haven't seen anyone suggest this before, so I am all for this unique idea. Due to the other users above mentioning targetting, maybe it could be a thing seen only in the lobby, and not in a game. This way, we can eliminate the issue of targetting.

nice thread, +1

Posted May 30, 2019
    Jaek likes this.
  9. I definitely like the idea on the surface, but I don’t think it would be a good move in the long run. For instance, this would promote targeting. Higher levels might poke fun at lower levels and target them in games, or players might target level 100s just because they’re level 100. Even if this were to be added in just lobbies, like stated above, I think there could still be potential harassment because of level.

So yes, while it’s a good idea on the surface, I think it would cause too many underlying issues. -1

Posted May 30, 2019
  10. I disagree with showing the player levels in the tab. This will increase targetting from the players, which is unacceptable. I don't think it is going to be a great idea to add the level in tab and it is not unfair to treat all the players in the community. I know that it is helpful to see all their levels, and it is easier to find them.

Overall, I will have to disagree with the idea of what you have. -1

Posted May 30, 2019
  11. Yeah definitely wouldn't want it added to game lobbies due to targetting. It might cause targetting issues still if players remember their name/level and run into them, but I guess the same could be said for talking in chat and running /stats on players manually. I'm okay with having it in lobbies but this would have to be included in a levels update if we ever do one.

Posted May 31, 2019
    skarm and Jaek like this.
  12. Like many have said, it's a targetting issue. I wouldn't mind, however, to just have it added as a /prefs option where you can turn it on if you feel like it. This allows players to either hide or reveal their levels, instead of having everyone displaying them.

Posted May 31, 2019
    cerns and Jaek like this.
  13. I’ll agree with the obvious opinion here and just say, I disagree as well. Targeting is a large issue within any community, and it’s no different here. Players without this feature feel they get targeted sometimes for their level, so this would only make it more difficult to play without the fear of half the lobby targeting you because you’re a high level. While it’s not destined to be the case that with this feature anyone will be targeted, but it’s an implied setback if it were to be added. I think it was a great idea initially, and in theory sounds pretty cool, but realistically it wouldn’t work out too well.

Posted May 31, 2019
  14. Agreeing with the majority here. Targeting is extremely annoying for both high-level players and for regular players. Some high-level players get targeted from their name alone; this increases the fear of getting targeted in general. While the idea is good from the title, I certainly don't think work out well. A nice compromise for this would be for levels to be displayed only in lobbies, though.

Posted May 31, 2019
    Jaek likes this.
  15. Like most people have stated above, I feel like targeting will be a big issue with this idea. Players with high-levels might target players with low-levels, and I believe that no one likes to get targeted. However, I would totally be fine with this idea in Lobby just like @Enunciated stated.

Posted May 31, 2019
    Enunciated and Jaek like this.
  16. Hello!

I disagree with this idea. Firstly, this would probably add a lot more clutter to the tablist, more than needed. Aesthetics wise, I disagree with this idea. Also, with gameplay, targeting is a big issue here. Players may target higher leveled players in order to make them rage or for satisfaction, or target lower leveled players due to their low skill amount. -1 from me.

Posted Jun 1, 2019
  17. There is already a lot happening on the tab menu, so I would rather not add even more clutter. I understand the functionality behind it, but if someone really wants to know the level of another player, they can just view their stats or ask them.

Posted Jun 1, 2019
    Overdog likes this.
  18. Hi,
    I would normally agree with something like this, but my issue is this: like said above, targeting would become a huge issue, since high leveled players would become the victims of targeting, or, in extreme cases, teaming and/or cross-teaming. Perhaps, much like ranks, the levels in tab could be limited to hubs and pre-game lobbies?

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  19. Hey there!
    With my experience with levels, a lot can be said about this idea. The leveling system, although providing an amazing system for enhanced gameplay, has a lot of things that surround it that might make this idea a little futile. Although I see the point in having some sort of additional way to express your achievement, this could cause some issues in game like people above have said (in terms of targetting).

Although this idea does come with some backlash, I think that there could be some alterations. Understanding that this idea is vulnerable to high-leveled individuals in game, there could be an option to change it so this particular idea is optional. It makes it easier so that players who don't mind showing their levels could but if other players don't want to, they don't need to.

But I think overall this idea does lack the theme of privacy when it comes to the leveling system. I most certainly enjoy the idea of displaying achievements but in this case it might just be a step too far. Like @ssnip said as well, the TAB menu is pretty jammed as of now and adding levels may just interupt the view of the TAB menu. Nevertheless, I enjoyed having to think about this idea. I really like your creativity, I'd love to see more of what you have in store. Keep it up!

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  20. I feel like this could make tab dis-organized and cluttered. The idea sounds pretty neat and I wouldn’t mind it that much but I don’t think it’s really necessary to have in lobbies or in games. As stated above, this could become a bit of an issue if this were to be implemented into games. Targeting has been an issue for a lot of people regarding their levels, so adding levels in tab would increase the chances of players getting targeted. As for lobbies, I wouldn’t mind it that much but there are other ways to check a person’s level, using the /stats <player> feature or in chat (if they’re frequently chatting). I’m neutral on this but it would be a neat QoL addition to the network!

Posted Jun 2, 2019
    jacvb likes this.