• 1768 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4347 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Display number of owned Chests in Treasure Chests Menu

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Evgeen, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Hello!

Today, I'd like to suggest small and enough simple QoL idea for Treasure Chests menu. What if we will display a number of chests which player currently have as a number of items in the treasure menu? I believe it will let players faster understand how many chests of different types he has after opening the Treasure Chests menu.

This will look like that:
    [​IMG]
    (Ignore that chests with head items look a bit different than on Mineplex. I couldn't copy head skins from original heads)

As you most likely noticed that some chests are shown with items count 0, that means the player has 0 chests of this type. 1 Omega Chest (Black Head) looks like an item without a number on screenshot due to how MC stacking system works. I actually don't understand why originally when Treasure Chests menu was introduced (back to February 2015) this feature wasn't added, it seems so helpful for me.

Also, I'm not sure if it's possible to do in menus (in chest-based GUIs) but Minecraft, in general, it's possible to have more than 64 items in one slot, up to 127. If it will be possible, we can do that if a player has more than 64 chests, it will show count of items as 65, 66, 67 and etc, up to 127. If it's not possible, it will just show 64 items even when the player has 65+ chests of a specific type.

Tell me below what do you think about that idea. I hope it will be liked.

Posted Sep 5, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 5, 2019
  2. I’m so down for this idea. Even though it’s just a small QoL suggestion, I’m still interested in it. Could definitely give some clarity to players in the chest GUI. You’ve brought up one of my concerns already which is having more than 64 items in one slot. If we could increase the number somehow, that would fix the solution easily but if we can’t, we could have it at max at 64. With this, we could have the actual amount of chests displayed in the message when you hover over the chest. Anyway, it’s not much of a problem at the moment in my opinion since we already have the total amount of chests when you hover over the item but I’d still like to see this implemented if possible. Seems like a pretty simple idea and I don’t have much to say further.

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    jxcb | weary_face and Evgeen like this.
  3. This definitely would be so much more convenient for players instead of having to hover over each individual chest to know how many you have. I do wish there was a way to still display the "1" though if you only had one chest. It might get a bit confusing if no number appears there, so maybe that's something that could be managed through coding? Who knows, I'm not a developer. Anyways, I support this idea and would love to see it come to the server in the future.

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  4. This wouldn’t be very difficult to implement (based on my understanding of GUI’s). +1 from me

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  5. Ooh, this is simple but cool. Sure, I don't see why something like this couldn't be added. The only downside is what you mentioned about item stacking - but I don't know how many people would have over 127 chests to open anyway? Well, either way, nice idea. +1

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  6. This would be very helpful! Since it shouldn't be difficult to implement I don't see why it shouldn't be added. +1 from me :)

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  7. +1 I think it's more efficient to do this since and like said above I don't see a reason why we shouldn't have this for treasure chests.

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  8. Hey!

There's not much going against the implementation of this idea on the server at all. In fact, I definitely think that it should be added, even though it's a small QoL change, it'll benefit a lot of players who open chests often, and will be a time-saver for many. I like how you have elaborated on your idea in depth through paragraphs, and also added a visual that you spent time making to further explain and give an example of what your idea suggests.

As for the small issue of the display having a maximum due to Minecraft stacking, there may need to be a workaround. It definitely is possible to accumulate more than 100-150 chests, especially if you are inactive for a long period of time. When I was absent from the server for a couple of years and took a return, it took me so long to open all of my chests, that was because I had near 200 I believe. Like suggested in an above post, it could be so that if you hover over the chest icon, you can see the exact amount, whereas what you are suggesting could either show the closest to the exact amount or no amount. Hopefully, that made some sense and you are able to visualize this.

Some further thinking would need to occur to find a solution to this. Overall, I would love to see this added, so it's a +1 from me!

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  9. I'm definitely for this idea. It would hopefully stop people like myself trying to open a chest that they do not own lol. Overall just a small QoL change as you mentioned, but sometimes those are what really count. I'm not educated in coding or developing so I can't tell you how much effort this would take to implement but I can't imagine it would be an extreme amount. As a whole, this idea is great in my opinion and I look forward to seeing whether it gets implemented in the future!

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  10. I think this is an incredible QoL suggestion for Treasure Chests! It would make the experience of opening chests a little more intuitive, and I also think your mockup of what it would look like looks fantastic!

Well done, Evgeen!

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    jxcb | weary_face and Evgeen like this.
  11. Great QoL suggestion you have, Evgeen! I don't mind to have display numbers of chests I have. I have too many chests unopen, and it helps me to keep track of how many chests I haven't opened yet. I don't need always to see how many chests I'd bought. I'm pretty sure it can go up to 64, and the Devs might approve this suggestion.

Overall, that's an excellent idea you have, and keep up the great work! +1

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  12. Heyo!

I like the concept of this small yet helpful QoL change. It would definitely help, and just make things more clear in general. A way to bypass it could be having a "+" next to it once it hits 64, or the color changing to something like green to indicate it has more than 64.

Overall, great idea you've made here, and hopefully this idea gets considered. +1 from me, keep up the ideas!

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  13. I think this would be a great small QoL change. It would be convenient to open the menu and glance quickly at how many chests I have of each kind without hovering over them. I don't see any downside to this. Hope it gets implemented!

+1

Posted Sep 6, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  14. hey!! I don't see why not this wouldn't get improved. I really like this idea. it's something simple but also beneficial for players. good job!!

+1

Posted Sep 6, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.