• 483 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3062 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Discord Rule Update

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by PerryPluyz, Mar 7, 2019.

?

What do you think about this proposed addition to Mineplex?

1. Yes! I think it's a good idea.

2. No, I think this isn't really necessary.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone!

I'm an active voice channel user myself, so I know the rules to the back of my hand. However, a question that arose yesterday while I was in one of the discord voice channels. Let me set you with the setting and situation.

Myself, along with other users and Trainees, have approved of the use of voice changers within the voice channel. Myself and a Trainee, were using a voice changer. We all were having great fun while talking with one another and playing cake wars. Roughly 20 minutes past by, and a Moderator, joined the voice channel. She immediately showed her disinterest in the voice changers and stated that, "I don't approve of the voice changers. Please turn them off now." Of course, applying for Trainee, I didn't show any sign of aggression or resistance and I complied with the request. However, whilst turning off my voice changer, I felt threatened and intimidated.

My question is, if someone joins the voice channel that has already 100% of the user's permission to use voice changers, why is it an immediate turn of events for the users who uses the voice changers in the first place? The rule really should be written out for the safety of users who do comply with the rules on Mineplex and want to avoid punishments, such as I.

Posted Mar 7, 2019
    ProMaster_ likes this.
  2. (1) Why'd you feel threatened - lots of confusion. That's on you.
    (2) Because people could join, you could be anyone, etc.
    There's a huge rules update coming soon so :D

Posted Mar 7, 2019
    Xukuwu, pzazz and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Posted Mar 7, 2019
    lili :) likes this.
  4. Hi

Under the rules of the discord, using a voice changer does not actually fall under one of those rules that can be flexed in the case of having everyone in the channel give consent that they’re okay with someone using it in the channel, meaning in no case should someone be using a voice changer (confirmed by one of our rules commitee members), because it's a form of spam and can distract players in the voice channels, especially on players who are new to the channel. If there is such a need to use a voice changer, it’s better suited for a private call, or on a server where it is permitted. Players can request a moderator(s) to join the channel by tagging us with the discord moderator and alerting us that there may be something going on.
    If you feel the staff did something wrong, you may report them at mineplex.com/support and creat a ticket, or contact their mentor. If you feel that you were warned unfairly and thay you weren’t breaking the rules, feel free to contact a member of the rules commitee found at mineplex.com/rules

Posted Mar 7, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  5. @PandaFyre summed it up perfectly, her response is below:

As stated above, it could be confusing for new players and can distract others. I’ll apply the not planned tag since the idea is not planned. In the future, please discuss discord suggestions on our discord server in #discord-suggestions and rule changes/discussion in #rules-discussion. I’ll be locking the thread, feel free to message me with further questions or concerns.

Thread locked > Idea not planned

Posted Feb 13, 2020 at 3:06 PM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.