• 1773 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1773 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Disable the 'too skilled to be banned' taunt in certain games (the explosion)

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Knazamn | Skittles1052, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Hello!

I see a lot of Immortals using the taunt 'Username was too skilled to be banned!' and a explosion after that with the Gwen Guardians above it. I notice that there is a explosion after it. My idea is pretty simple, so let me explain it.

In games such as Dragon Escape, Hardcore Parkour, Color Swap and so on where you need to see where you are going, you can't see where you are going because a Immortal did the taunt. So say you are in Dragon Escape, currently if someone does that taunt and you are right next to them, you can't see where you are going because of the explosion and that will mess up gameplay and make the game not fun. What I am saying is, you can keep the taunt, but make the explosion not happen in one of the games where you need to see where you are going, such as games that are parkour-related. Even though the explosion is just 1 second long, this can greatly mess up gameplay. If you are on Dragon Escape and a island is really small and you can't see, chances are you are going to fall off. If you add my idea, this would not wreck gameplay and make the game more fun.

Have a good day/night!

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  2. Not only that, but it got really confusing back when you couldn't see someone's rank in-game when they did the taunt, because it really looks like the player is getting banned. I've accustomed to it, but now I am unable to perceive real GWEN bans because I've gotten used to seeing the taunt.

I am fairly certain many people have this issue with the taunt, but it's not really feasible to remove it right now so your suggestion to disable the explosion part is good, and hopefully something that can be implemented into certain games and not server-wide.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  3. Hey! I can see where you're coming from. This can be annoying. I've been in a few games where I have actually seen this. I do have an issue with the main taunt myself. I'm also unable to tell the difference between a real GWEN ban and the taunt like @Thenorn said.

I can agree with why you've suggested this. It can be annoying when you're playing games like Hardcore Parkour, Color Swap, etc... However, this might annoy some people since they bought PPC for that taunt and removing the explosion is removing the aspect of that taunt if they play a gamemode the explosion was removed in. Therefore, not making people happy. However, I do think maybe disabling the explosion at a later date might work better. Since fewer people would be using the taunt later down the line.

Overall, I don't really have a opinion if this should be implemented or not.

Posted Feb 12, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 12, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ and xGetRekted like this.
  4. I mean it's pretty obvious when it says "(player) is too skilled to be banned" in chat at the start of the taunt.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  5. i quite like the taunt - it's animated and it's fun to use. I take your point that it could be annoying when your taunt can block someone's vision for a split second (due to the explosion) but beside this thread, I am not too sure if it is an actual problem. I havent heard many complaints about it.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  6. True. However, it isn't always easy to spot if your chat is being spammed with all sorts of things.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  7. Probably the most annoying taunt tbh lol

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    StormKing3 likes this.
  8. That's why it is a paid cosmetic, and the explosion is the best part of it. Taunts are taunts, best thing to do if to just ignore it or turn off explosion particles

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  9. I agree that it should be disabled in some games since I have died to it. Maybe just in parkour games, like dragon escape. But in the meantime, you can always disable explosion particles which will remove the explosion at the end of the animation. I don't think the animation its self should change though, I like some of the reactions I get when I use it in games.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  10. Personally I like the taunt and have used it in Dragon Escape without having an issue with it. The explosion only lasts for about a second so I would have already seen the block I am jumping onto and it's worked fine so far.

The situation with people not being able to tell if someones really being GWEN banned can also be seen in chat as the taunt says something about being too skilled to be banned while GWEN bans actually say that the player was banned.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    xEspe0n likes this.
  11. Heyo!
    I understand where you're coming from but you can easily turn off your particles in video settings. For example if you think that the explosion particles are obnoxious, then you should turn off your explosion particles. Or if most people found it annoying I guess they should disable it for certain games. These are taunts and you shouldn't let these be getting the best of you. It could be annoying but that's the whole point of a taunt.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    BaEconic likes this.
  12. Not sure if it would exactly "make games fun", but it definitely would eliminate a lot of the fustration. Also it would be easier on the Mods to discern GWEN from the taunt, but I'm not sure if getting rid of it would be the solution.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    xOeuf likes this.
  13. While it is a good and unique taunt, it is definitely the largest and most difficult taunt to get around in a game and it definitely disrupts gameplay, which I can see.

One thing I would say is not to remove the explosion, but to change it. Maybe some more transparent particles or even some difficult particles after the taunt is used to allow for gameplay to be less affected by the taunt and to allow for people to use it without getting in the way of other people but still making it a good taunt.​

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  14. Hey! :sigils_down:

Personally, I use this font. I play a lot of pvp games like Skywars, SG, and Cake Wars, where the explosion doesn't immediately make you lose the game, but I do see your argument. I can 100% agree that the taunt's explosion is relatively distracting in Dragon Escape and other games where your vision is key. Again, I do see where your coming from with this argument, but like a few of the others have said, I think rather than removal of the taunt, a modification could be made. Like @Oscaros_ stated, "Maybe some more transparent particles" could be used to make the explosion, or just dial down the amount of particles that actually appear.

Again, I understand your argument, and agree that the current explosion is distracting, but I don't think the full removal of the explosion isn't exactly "necessary."

Thanks for you comment! :D

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  15. I think it should be altered with smaller gaurdians to make it smaller, and make it very clear that it is the taunt rather than an actual ban

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  16. Kind of hard to ignore a huge blast of smoke? I don't see the advantages of keeping it rather than removing it...

Posted Feb 13, 2020
  17. Perhaps changing the actual graphic of the taunt - taking out the guardian trails/beams, or changing the animation to only have two guardians might somehow take the focus off of people being actually banned and allow us to differentiate these actions (?) What @mab8400 said might be a good alternative as well. A different option would to have a single elder guardian hover over you then create a *small* cloud of smoke, in order to have a completely different animation for this taunt.

I am most certainly not risking my chance to gain information from the game (certain actions represented by an explosion: Explode from Creeper in SSM, for example), for the benefit of a taunt. Most taunts are somewhat obnoxious via chat and the graphic which is portrayed above the player's head, but they do not disturb the game. Some players choose to keep certain animations on as they are integral to the game (firework and fire particles for SSM, for example. Redstone and water animations for NANO.), and adding a feature which can confuse others in the heat of the moment should take less priority over the actual game itself. Of course, this isn't a huge issue, and I don't see it being a common problem at that, but if I were to choose between turning off a setting which can provide information on the status of an active game to facilitate a taunt, or have that aspect of the taunt removed, I'd go with the latter option.

I'd agree, removing the taunt isn't a good idea - it's one of the coolest taunts we have. I feel as though just a quick tweak or an animation change (as I've discussed above) would be nice. The main issue is the explosion and the animation mimicking the actual anti-cheat animation, and in changing the taunt's mechanics via a new 'graphic' we could still have an amazing cosmetic, yet something that doesn't confuse a whole array of players. :)

Posted Feb 13, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  18. Well unless you're the person that has a problem with a taunt, it wasn't aimed at you. Or, maybe remember to turn it back on after?

Posted Feb 13, 2020
    BaEconic likes this.
  19. Instead of changing the animation, perhaps you could make the taunting message bigger so it stands out more. Maybe the message could be "Taunt > Gwen tried to ban *player name*, but their power was too strong.", I know that's bad but its an example. I feel like changing the animation would defeat the purpose of the taunt. That is just my opinion.

Posted Feb 13, 2020
    yulufi / Sean likes this.
  20. I did not mention that I felt offended or targetted by the comment, I'm just trying to note that if a taunt compromises gameplay it should be put at a lower priority than the game itself. It should be changed rather than having players turn of settings that might be integral to the game they want to enjoy.
    Sorry for the miscommunication, my bad on the wording. <3

Posted Feb 13, 2020
    yulufi / Sean likes this.