• 324 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2903 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Disable Gadgets / Morph Noise Cooldown

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by RealWand, Nov 20, 2019.

?

Disable Gadgets Option?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everyone!

Gadgets

So recently, I have noticed a lot of people have started to use the flesh hooks in the cosmetic menu. So many users have been using them, hitting everyone across the map. Sometimes, I will be honest, it gets quite frustrating when you are getting hit, and hit, and hit over and over again. As frustrating as this is, I understand that adding such a feature will only affect the Lobbies and Game Lobbies. So I was wondering, what if there was a way to disable other people hitting you with their gadgets? We could do this by adding a feature in /prefs, and players can toggle the option how they wish.

Pet Noise Cooldown
    So, in my opinion, this is the one that constantly annoys me... Morph Noises. If you have a morph in the cosmetics menu, most of them will have a "mini-ability". These can be used by a number of ways - right-clicking, shifting, etc. If you use the cat morph, you can start shifting frantically, and you spam the noise of a cat. The other day, I found 2 players in the cat morph, both shifting like mad, and the cat was making annoying, repetitive cat sounds. To prevent this, we could add a small cooldown of 1 or 2 seconds minimum, to stop players spamming the ability.

Let me know if you think the same about these things!

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  2. Hey there!

I totally see where you’re coming from. Flesh hooks and especially the morph noises can be quite annoying for someone that just wants to sit in the lobby and talk or run around. I have to be honest; I’m kind of leaning both ways here. I could see a preference menu feature added to disable this, but I don’t think it’s very necessary. As annoying as they are, disabling at least the gadgets part takes away the fun of others. The flesh hook’s primary use is to mess around with people and fling them across the map, so I don’t see why adding a preference that makes it not useful would be very helpful.

As for the logistics of it, I don’t think either of these two things are possible. All of the gadgets are different. You got things like the flesh hook and bat blaster that move you around, and then you’ve got the melon launcher which gives you speed. The only way I could really see his working is if you had the ability to turn anti-knockback on in the lobbies, which would be abused. Turning morph noises off simple isn’t possible. They’re sound effects that come from the game which can’t simply be turned off for one person.

Overall, this doesn’t sound very useful in the long run, and it sound like a lot of work for the devs that doesn’t seem necessary right now. It’s a -1 from me.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  3. First off, I know it can be annoying for some players who dislike getting hit by their flesh hook. If you believe they keep annoying you, then move away from them or go to another lobby. I like the idea of enabling/disabling through /prefs. Users can opt-out of this feature in the lobby server. Flesh Hook for all users should always allow them to have fun, and taking the gadgets away from them isn't a good move. Sometimes, I use a flesh hook just to play around with my friends, and I still need it. -1

I don't believe adding a pet noise morph isn't a good idea. You can still mute the sound through your settings. What's the point having this feature to add a noise cooldown? If the sound annoys you, just simply mute all the sounds then. It doesn't hurt when you either turn the volume down or mute the audio. -1

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    FluteVegetables and saltyfishhy like this.
  4. Well, I don't want to sound impolite, but there is a very EASY way to get rid of the sound effects - just turn off the sound effects. It works on all devices: tablet, phone and computer, you just need to press button(s).
    --- Post updated ---
    Lol, finished too late
    --- Post updated ---
    By the way, is there any page on this site that explains how to get ranks like Eternal,Ultra or Forum Ninja

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  5. This isn't the correct place to ask a question here. You can buy ranks at https://www.mineplex.com/shop. About getting Forum Ninja, you need to become a Trainee first, then Moderator, and finally Senior Moderator. You can apply at apply.mineplex.com. In the future, please create your thread in the Help section.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. No, the whole point of the cosmetic menu is to mess with people. These were made to annoy people for a reason, you know.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  7. Well I guess they are annoying, but disabling them would just defeat the purpose of what they're meant to do. As impractical as this sounds, simply ask the player to politely stop, or just move away. There's always annoying people, so you can't really do anything about that. I'm not sure how long ago, but there actually was a command in /prefs that disabled some of the cosmetics (correct me I'm mistaken). Don't know the exact reason why it was removed, but it may have been removed due to it making some of the gadgets pointless and useless.

The morph noises haven't really been a problem to me, and I recommend turning down your volume if it's that's much of an issue. However, I'm not completely opposed to adding a cool down, although it's not really necessary as of right now. After thinking about this, I will be giving this a -1, and ideas like this have been denied before. Thanks for your idea.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  8. Hey!
    Thank you all for the feedback, I will turn down my volume - I didn't think of that... :P

Thanks again!

Thread Locked

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 20, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.