• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Digital Watercolor Art

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by Iscariot, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Iscariot

Iscariot

Hello it's been a while since I posted on the forums, here are a few digital watercolor drawings I did!

For anyone who may be wondering or wanted to ask, I use:

-Photoshop CC 2019 (for illustration, making textures, 3D mapping, etc.)
    -a Macbook trackpad (I never learned how to use a tablet or any of that)

[​IMG]

I'd love to know your thoughts!

Posted Nov 29, 2018
    Evence, Sickle_, CourierID and 3 others like this.
  2. childishgambino

childishgambino

wowow these are really beautiful pieces, I especially like the middle one and the blends of colours across all of them. keep it up, you clearly have some amazing potential (:

Posted Nov 30, 2018
    Iscariot likes this.
  3. Iscariot

Iscariot

Hey childishgambino! Great name, first off! Thank you for your support too, of course! It's difficult to choose a favorite part of the design process but color-grading/adding contrast, dynamic lighting, etc. is so much fun for me. Again, thanks and I'm definitely going to keep it up considering I'm studying graphic design in college and will be making a post-grad future out of it!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 1, 2018
  4. Nem

Nem

These are all so nicely done and the color choices are perfect. I especially like the middle piece and how the colors contrast each other so well. And you've done all of this using a trackpad? Good to see talent isn't going to waste, so please continue the beautiful art

Posted Dec 1, 2018
    Iscariot likes this.
  5. wixco

wixco

Hey! This art looks amazing! Especially because you used a trackpad? That's really impressive. I don't think I could ever use a trackpad to draw digitally to be completely honest. I really like the middle piece in the top row. All the different colors that are incorporated on the bottom look great! I also like how they kind of fade to duller versions of those colors as the painting moves up the page. It really draws the viewer's eyes around the piece in the most perfect way. The black one is also very intriguing. I'm not sure, there's just something about it that looks super cool and coherent as one piece. Overall, I just love your art style and the fact that you did this on a trackpad is still baffling me!

~ mary

Posted Dec 3, 2018
    Iscariot likes this.
  6. Iscariot

Iscariot

Hey Mary, thank you very much! Yeah all trackpad, it's become pretty straightforward for me but I'd be open to trying a tablet in the future maybe. The top middle is called "Colours" funny enough! Doing the colors took a while because when I made a palette it looked messy. It's always interested me how really outlandish palettes can work very well if incorporated somewhat cleverly. The black one is similar to "Colours" because I worked with 3D mapping before painting everything individually. Again thank you, and cheers for the observant response!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 4, 2018
    wixco likes this.
  7. Unfavorited

Unfavorited

these are beautiful pieces. I'm eager to know what motivates you to draw? I always wanted to start since I am horrible but I don't know where and I have 0 motivation. Maybe hearing from you could give me an idea and a better view of it.

Posted Dec 4, 2018
    Iscariot likes this.
  8. CourierID

CourierID

These are completely amazing first off. But to hear you did this on a track pad? That's insane. This is high-grade stuff, I can see the quality just beaming through it. I cannot wait to see more from you!

Posted Dec 4, 2018
    Iscariot likes this.
  9. SaucyStyle

SaucyStyle

hey Iscariot! I have to say, I was ASTONISHED by this art when I came upon it just now! I can't believe that you are able to draw this on a computer with a trackpad, the first person I've ever seen do this! I love how everything, especially the last one, is so peaceful and all the colors correlate well with each other. Keep up the great work and for Mineplex's sake, please share your future art!

Sincerely,
    SaucyStyle

Posted Dec 4, 2018
    Iscariot likes this.
  10. Iscariot

Iscariot

Hey Unfavorited! I saw your question a bit late but I wanted to give a response still. What motivates me to draw is my own happiness. Of course it helps later on when I receive support and advice/critique from friends, family, and others but just waking up knowing "I can express my imagination freely with this" is a great feeling. I love knowing I can connect to others through my work. I didn't start drawing digitally until late last year and hadn't taken a drawing lesson since elementary school. While experience and time helped, it has come down to my passion and dedication that brought me here. I simply love creating, and that always motivates me!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 12:22 AM
    Unfavorited likes this.
  11. Sickle_

Sickle_

Wow, these are really cool! I could never even begin to make something like this nor do I know anything about Photoshop, so I cannot offer any feedback. As far as I can see, these look truly awesome! Keep up the good work!

Posted Dec 8, 2018 at 4:17 PM
    Iscariot likes this.
  12. Dva

Dva

Such amazing work like always, Ian! I had no idea you did all this with a trackpad. That just makes it even more impressive. I feel like you would be able to make some cool abstract movie posters. Maybe for your next project you can try making one for for an upcoming movie? Is this something you learned at school, or are you self-taught?

Posted Dec 9, 2018 at 3:55 PM
    Iscariot likes this.
  13. Oscaros_

Oscaros_

These images are truly amazing and impressive! I am very shocked you're able to do this with a trackpad on a computer since it looks really realistic and the art style is very unique and nice. I'd love to see what else you can do with this, keep it up :)​

Posted Dec 9, 2018 at 5:17 PM
    Iscariot likes this.
  14. Iscariot

Iscariot

Hey Lili, thank you so much! The one on the top left was for a movie poster contest, it's in the judging stage right now so we pitched the movie and it may be made into a short film from a large content creator! I could try another, it's super fun trying out new things with this. I'm self taught, I work for hours everyday on new presentable content and have been doing that pretty much everyday for 3ish years :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 9, 2018 at 11:42 PM
    Dva likes this.