• 2657 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8556 Players Online
  • 5899 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Digital? Physical?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Thexs, May 29, 2019.

?

Game Placement Form

1. Digital

50.0%
  2. Physical

50.0%
  1. So as we know, most people use disks for their games, especially console players. But, we must all ask the benefits of these forms of games. I personally prefer physical for the reason of being able to go to friends and play my games with ease as I can carry them with me, also if I lose an account I still have the desired games to play with me! What are your reasons?

Posted May 29, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  2. Depends on what platform it is. For console games, I prefer to hold onto a physical copy mainly as a carry over from the PS2 being my childhood console (and you couldn't get digital copies of those games), plus getting a physical copy is often cheaper than the alternative. I do get digital copies for PC games though as it's typically easier to find a PC game on something like Steam than going to your local shopping centre and picking it up there, assuming there is a physical copy of the game, of course.

Posted May 29, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  3. I have chosen to side with digital because I often never use the console platform. It is really easy to play with digital games on PC because they are all right there on your screen and you don't have to worry about getting up to change the disk every time. Also, most gaming PC's today typically don't have a disk for the physical way of playing games. That's just my opinion.

Have a nice day,

Notserp

Posted May 29, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  4. I like digital copies of games for a few reasons. If I ever sign into an another console I will still be able to play all of my games. The other reason is that I won't have to deal with losing the disc or anything that will make the game unplayable.

Posted May 29, 2019
  5. I don't use PS4 anymore but when I did, I would only buy discs. That's like my rule; if I ever get another console, only keep discs if I can, and on PC, digital. Shout to steam!

Posted May 29, 2019
  6. I never had a huge preference of either, but over the last three years, I've kind of accidentally moved to all digital on Xbox. The last time I bought a hard disc was three years ago, and it was a used Walmart game. Now, whenever a new game comes out that I want, it's super convenient to either buy an instant code on Amazon or take advantage of a discount on the Microsoft store.

Posted May 29, 2019
  7. Hey there!
    For me, it really depends on how I'm feeling. Gaming itself is a very confusing topic for me. I enjoy virtual games more I think because you depend on articial values rather than real life values. If we're talking about more intense creative atmosphere virtual is much better. But, phsyical acitivites are much more fun depending on which game you play and where you play it. I love laster tag for example and I find it very healthy and entertaining so I would prefer that over a console game for example. So really, it all depends on a lot of factors but really virtual gaming seems to be more fun.

Posted May 29, 2019
  8. Heyo!

For me, it depends on what console I'm playing. If I was to get a game for my X Box I would get a physical copy (as they're cheaper). However, if I was to get one for my computer it would be digital, although they tend to be more expensive it does save the hassle of losing the discs and shipping problems.

Posted May 29, 2019
  9. Thread moved to Survey

Personally, it depends on my preference for my computer and my video game consoles. For video game consoles like Nintendo Switch, I prefer to have digital rather than a physical copy. Digital software can be able to save through your internal or external storage. I don’t need to like insert or remove the game cartridge. I have a microSD card that holds 64 GB for my Nintendo Switch because I have some digital games inside.

For my PC, I prefer digital and physical copy at the same time. The manufacturer doesn't make an internal DVD/CD drive for the computers. I have multiple computers that have an internal DVD/CD drive. Sometimes I need to use it to install some software from the CD.

Posted May 29, 2019
  10. They both benefit something. Digital copies of a game allow you to not go drive all the way to the store, and you can pre-order them, but physical copies allow you go to different consoles to play the same game. So I personally don't know.

Posted May 29, 2019
  11. Personally for games that aren't on my computer, I prefer physical. It's nice to have something to let you know you own a game and that it's there to play whenever you want. Also, box art (Like the map inside the box of Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee) are pretty nice to have! However, when it comes games on my computer, I have all digital copies of games; mostly because programs like Steam and BattleNet allow for you to easily purchase and download games. The only issue I have with digital is that there's no reasons for me to play my huge backlog of games. There isn't a reminder like the box sitting around in my room to make me want to jump back into the world of that specific game, just a name on a list.

Posted May 29, 2019
  12. I generally agree with the consensus of everyone else. I play digital copies of PC games, mostly because "computer games" on CDs are pretty outdated and harder to find.

When I got a Switch, I looked into the benefits of digital vs. cartridge copies, and went with cartridges mostly due to resale value. I'm not expecting to sell any of my games any time soon, but it's nice to have that option. It's also nice to be able to "trade" or "loan" games out to your friends, which you can't do with digital copies. Therefore, I have cartridge copies of some of the brand games, like the Mario series, and I have digital copies of some of the lesser known games, like Hollow Knight or Undertale, that are cheaper and don't necessarily have a cartridge option.

Posted May 29, 2019
  13. I mainly go digital since I'm impatient when buying games. I own about 5-8 physical copies and that's about it. But if the games on sale on a physical copy, I always buy physical.

Posted May 29, 2019
  14. When I broke my 3DS, I lost a lot of games that I had downloaded from the Nintendo store. I spent a ton of money on them and I wasn't able to get them back when I got a new DS, which was kinda depressing. For all of my cartridge games, I get to keep my progress on them even if I use a different DS.

For PC games it's a little easier to keep your progress if you get a new computer because if you get them from Steam or you have an account for a game then you can just get it back. And you can save your Minecraft worlds to a drive and put them on a new computer.

For PS4 I use discs only

Posted May 30, 2019
  15. Hello!

With PC games, I always used digital games. Considering I always used accounts, this helps a lot more. I don't need to worry about losing a disc. This goes with the same of movies. I always bought digital things on the computer.

With consoles, I still always bought digital games. I never wanted to go out and into GameStop, just to buy a game like Call of Duty. I always bought it digitally, straight from home.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  16. It's annoying to change the disk out 20 times a day for the same 2 different games
    but alas trying to remember passwords is nerve-racking

Posted Jun 3, 2019