• 3431 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11869 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Difficulty Tiers: Speed Builder

Discussion in 'Speed Builders' started by Omegza, Aug 14, 2019.

1. As this is my favorite game, I have noticed a few flaws with it such as the bug with the bookshelves. But this isn't as much as a flaw as it is a.. gameplay improver. I think each build should have a difficulty rating and as the game goes on i̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ harder builds become more likely to show up, and the easier builds are not seen as often. So in the beginning, y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶g̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶s̶,̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶i̶m̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶l̶f̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶k̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶.̶ it would be unlikely to receive a build that has a more difficult tier rating, but later in the game, the chance to have a harder build become greater and greater.

Posted Aug 14, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 14, 2019
  2. I don't play this game very often so they should just remove it.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  3. I like the idea of giving builds a difficulty rating, but I don't like the idea of their rating making it impossible for them to come up in certain rounds. I feel like players wouldn't be able to learn the harder builds as easily or quickly, and seeing as they're the builds that really need that time to be learnt, I'm not sure why you would want this. I think every build should be able to come up regardless of if its round 3 or round 30, but perhaps the harder builds could have a higher chance of coming up in later rounds and easier builds be more likely to occur in the first few rounds? This way there's still a chance of seeing say, "Fred the Mob" in the first round, it's just not as likely as "sad man" coming up, for example.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    Dinnersaur_, Xukuri and cerns like this.
  4. Harder builds should give more rewards for getting them perfect. Speed Builders giving more rewards will attract more players to the game. I do not think assigning more difficult builds later on fits Speed Builders as you lose the variety aspect. To add, the 5 difficulties should be ez, easy, medium, hard, insane. Build difficulties will be measured in the amount of blocks required and variety.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  5. and I don't play block hunt, but I don't think they should remove it. What was your point with this comment?
    --- Post updated ---

This is also a good point! very good idea

This also brings up a good argument that I agree with. I have since made an edit in the post. (also I'm a huge fan of your work <3)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2019
    Yato, xLeopard, _Prof_ and 1 other person like this.
  6. I think this is a great idea. I personally don't play Speed Builders, but from what I have seen of it this would be a great addition.
    +1 from me :)

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ and _Prof_ like this.
  7. Heyoo!

Speed Builders is currently one of my favorite games or maybe even my favorite as I mentioned a lot in the past. I didn't completely understand how would those extra rewards work but my idea is just to add some extra rewards for perfect buildings in general or maybe perfect buildings under 10/20 seconds, I'm not sure how that would work and also I'm not sure how hard it is to code something like that to get more extra rewards by doing some specific and harder buildings. So yeah I agree that extra rewards should be added. Also, I've been thinking for some time if a thing like that should be added, I mean the going "harder by harder" buildings thing. That sounds interesting but my games usually last for like 10 - 15 rounds and I really don't know how that would work. Maybe like 3 easy buildings and then go to medium, then harder or something like that but honestly, I think It's okay like it is now.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  8. i think its interesting but im not a big speed builder fan im not good but i totally like the idea

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  9. I like this idea a lot! As more rounds pass, the time decreases each time. However, this sometimes isn't enough because after a few rounds, I'm already sick of speed builders. I've played to like 24 rounds before, and it was actual hecc. So yeah, I think putting more difficult builds towards the end would possibly decrease the amount of game time so that it's not just easy builds over and over again.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  10. I don't really play Speed Builders, but I like what you are thinking! It would be a good idea to make harder builds as the game goes on to make it more competitive and challenging for the players. So this is definitely a +1 from me! :D

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  11. I do agree with this idea. One of my favorite games is Speed Builders and I think it would be so much better if easier builds were up first then a little bit harder ones came around as the game progresses. I was actually thinking of this idea a while ago. It would make the final rounds of the game challenging for the players left and fun. I definitely give this idea a +1!

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  12. Hey!

From the moment the game came out up until now, Speed Builders has been one of my favorite games on the server. I love all games that require skill and elimination. As a true Survivor fan, this game was right up my alley! When it comes to your idea, I have to say I love it! There has been countless times where the game is getting intense as the top few players all keep perfectly matching the build. That being said, it seemed like a waste of time when we were on rounds 9 or 10 and a flag would come up, since we're at a point in the game where everyone left is very capable of building it easily. Furthermore, I believe that this adds a much more organized approach to the game, which I like! All of this being said, I am a very clear supporter of this idea! Overall, this is a +1 from me! Keep up the great work! :)

Posted Aug 17, 2019