• 1473 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9911 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Different servers?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by R3ALPH8TH, Sep 18, 2018.

1. So I've been doing a lot of running around, looking for different biomes so as to get different resources to further my growth. While doing I've noticed on several occasions that I will get transported to another server after hitting a certain point.

As a result, I have a few different questions...
    1. I've mainly bounced between servers 1 and 3 I believe, but recently I was teleported to another player and found myself on a new server... So how many servers are there?

2. Is there any Rhyme or Reason when one gets transferred to a new server? I ask because I've tried to have a methodological approach while looking for different biomes only to be thwarted by a seemingly random teleportation which ends up throwing my methodology in searching the area. Without coordinates or working map I really can't think of another way to go about doing this...

3. More of a suggestion rather than a question, but perhaps instead of not giving the the option and just plucking a person out of one server and throwing them into another when they hit a certain point on the map, instead you could have a confirmation pop-up up asking whether they would like to go to the new server or not... That way someone like myself could in theory continue to search one server thoroughly without being transferred somewhere else.

Thanks for the support!

Posted Sep 18, 2018
  2. I have tested the multi server lobbies and they are all the same lobby, meaning, had someone check there lobby and say something in chat and I saw it, they died and had home say in chat what lobby he was in then and it was a different lobby number than the last but I saw it in chat, so the lobby numbers don't mean anything, your always in the same world (lobby).
    As for finding bioms, since it is one very large world, what I have found that works is, set your home spawn, then take everything out of your inventory, die, and you will respawn in a different biom, collect what you want from there and then tp back to home spawn, and repeat, it always took me somewhere different, and then collect from there and take back home, I have seen many different bioms from doing that. If you see a biom you like a lot and want to stay, set home there. Hope that helps

Posted Sep 18, 2018
  3. Well I've experienced something a touch different... But maybe you can shed some light on it. As I mentioned above, there are times when I'm traveling and all the sudden I am transported to another place. A small message comes up at the bottom of the screen very very briefly that says something along the lines of you're being transferred to another world or something along those lines. I am then greeted by the familiar warp sound or teleport sound similar to that if you were transporting to the nether through a portal. And I end up in a random place. Sometimes it happens when it's night and when the transport completes I'm in a place where it is day. When I check the chat screen then it tells me that I connected to server 3 or server 1 etc.

I can accept that it's all one world despite all of that, but why do I get transported at random times?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 18, 2018
  4. Wow, I haven't travelled far enough At one time, but I have not heard of anyone else mentioning that, I'm sure a mod will post about this,I hope. Maybe if you travel a certain distance it does that automatically? I don't know, sounds interesting, I may have to try myself

Posted Sep 18, 2018
    R3ALPH8TH likes this.
  5. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is simply a distance issue, because I think I've identified at least one place where it tends to happen when I travel. Something else I forgot to mention though is that while I'm on one of these "different servers", and I TP back home it will first take me to a random place in my home server and then I have to TP again to get to my base of operations. Isn't that funny?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 18, 2018
  6. The TP thing happens to me also, I think it's a randomizer so you see different places, maybe, idk, but I also have to do the tp a second time to go to my spawn point. It very well may be a bug, so I am going to report that in case no one else has or they don't know about. You can report it also, doesn't hurt to show that it's more than just an isolated case

Posted Sep 18, 2018
    R3ALPH8TH likes this.
  7. The map is divided into a grid (4x4 I believe). Each section is a server. When you reach a border of one of the sections you get sent into the next section (which is a different server). The chat is linked together across all servers. The reason its set up like this is to have 1 huge survival world that can hold 100s of players at once without affecting lag too much. It creates this huge community rather than having it divided actually into 16 different survival worlds. I do agree that transitions between servers can be improved.

Posted Sep 18, 2018
  8. Thank you very much Giovani for explaining it the way you did!

Posted Sep 18, 2018
    R3ALPH8TH and Giovani like this.
  9. The main issue is inability to transport some things, or even tell where the worlds link. You cannot, for example, transport a mooshroom to your house; In most cases the mushroom biome is on another 'section'/server and requires a teleport. Additionally, boats/mounts don't work and are of no help.

Maps are also severely broken, being unable to even remove them from your inventory or use the locator features at all. So maps are basically useless. Map walls also do not work.

Just want to bring some attention to these details.

Posted Oct 4, 2018
  10. You know, they are just going to tell you to report bugs to the right place (https://www.mineplex.com/bugs)

I've personally reported the maps and mounts here, but not yet boats.

As for the mushroom example, I am not understanding what you mean... You can set homes up in any server and transport to them, albeit it takes 2 TP requests to get there (1 to get out of your server and than another to the location).

I currently have extra "homes" in a desert, swamp, and jungle because my base of operations in a mountain and plains area. Many of my homes are in different servers (I had to travel far and wide to find these places!!!)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 4, 2018
  11. Mooshrooms are not mushrooms. They're an animal.

Posted Oct 4, 2018
    R3ALPH8TH likes this.
  12. That makes more sense!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 4, 2018
  13. They do know of all those issues, I go to other bioms and then fill up my inventory from things there and then take back to my home.
    Maps I can't remember what was said if they were suppose to active or not, being its survival and no coordinates

Posted Oct 4, 2018
  14. I believe there are 19 ( about ) survival servers, so you may bounce between them if you do tp to other players on the server. I would like to see coords added to survival like they were to factions, and something to tell you what survival server you are in to make it easier for players to identify where they are as it can get a little annoying when you are trying to get back to your base and you're in the wrong world, or you dont have a home set.

Posted Oct 5, 2018