• 1374 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7680 Players Online
  • 6306 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Default Rank

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by xGetRekted, Dec 16, 2019.

?

Should Default should be an option?

1. Yes (explain why)

69.2%
  2. No (explain why)

30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey there!
    I own Duke, Lord, and Knight, and often switched between each, but there is no current way to switch back to the default rank. I think this would be nice for players with different ranks so they won't get targeted as much. What are your thoughts?

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    BestIronAgate and Rvka like this.
  2. Hello!

There was a forum a couple days ago that was similar to this one. The player thought that there should be a way to switch between rank titles, but still include all the things that the rank receives.

I do not think that a player should be able to switch to rank to a default rank. This defeats the purpose of the whole point of a rank to begin with. There is a way to get rid of your rank however. Just create a ticket here https://www.mineplex.com/tickets to get rid of your rank completely if you do not want to have the title. I believe this should not be an option because once again it defeats the whole purpose of having a rank anyway.

I am sorry to disagree with this idea, but hope my explanation helped clear it up some way. Saying all of this, I will have to give this idea a -1.

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    xGetRekted likes this.
  3. Heyo!

You can get a rank taken from your account if you create a ticket at www.mineplex.com/tickets. You can only get it removed if someone bought it for you though. I really don't see a purpose in this. If you bought the rank I think you should just keep it. If people are targeting you for your tag maybe play team games instead, up to you!

Anyway, cool idea, but I'm going to have to disagree, sorry!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    xGetRekted likes this.
  4. I agree with this post!

There should be an easy way to switch your rank title, plain and simple. I love my eternal perks but I'm not a huge fan of the title. I dislike the color and think Titan just looks amazing. I wish there was a section in /prefs where I could change it while keeping my perks (talking about Java edition here.)

Great idea! +1

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    BestIronAgate and xGetRekted like this.
  5. Hey!
    Personally I kind of agree with what some of the players above me said. I don't really see a need for this to be added. In my opinion if you buy the rank why should you want to hide it? I get targeting, but usually I don't see people target people because of their rank. Like Spikecreates provided you can request for your rank to be removed by visiting the link here. I also don't think this idea should be added because like others have states, it defeats the purpose of buying one other than the cosmetics. Ranks are titles to show off I don't really see why you would want them turned off when targeting isn't really a huge factor. Overall I will have to go with -1 on this idea.

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    xGetRekted likes this.
  6. Thread Moved to Bedrock Ideas

I spoke with a member of Support on what a few members said above, but just sending in a support ticket to remove your rank will most likely not get it removed. They only remove ranks if there was an issue with it and it will be resolved like that. However, just sending it in to get it off of your account to prevent targeting will most likely not occur.

Playing on Bedrock is a lot different than Java, and your rank is always visible, which, yes, does make you more prone to targeting. If there was a way to make it so that your rank is not visible, then I'd say that you should be able to make it so that in games you do not display the tag while still showing it in lobbies, then I'm all for it. However, I do not think that it should be a priority since it is just a tag after all.

A similar idea has been denied on Java because it would confuse players. However, if it were to be only in games on Bedrock, I think that it would work out really well.

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    xGetRekted likes this.
  7. I think this is a decent idea and I don't really understand why some others above are disagreeing. It wouldn't be too confusing, it's not all that different from YouTubers using /nick on Hypixel or staff on Mineplex hiding that they're spectating a game because they're watching a hacker, the only difference is that it's just a tag being removed, nothing too complicated.

As someone who knows the basics of permissions plugins (only on Java though, although I doubt it matters), this wouldn't be particularly hard to implement either. Developers could make a hidden rank for each rank; the prefix is effectively like default rank but the permissions would be the same as the actual rank, so if you did /default it would switch your rank to the hidden Duke rank (or whatever rank you have) so you appear to be default while still having all of the perks of your paid rank.

Seriously though people, I don't get why some of you dislike every single slightly controversial idea brought up.

Posted Dec 17, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 17, 2019
    xGetRekted and M4RK7000 like this.
  8. Hey! I’d have to disagree with this idea. When changing your rank from Duke to a default rank, you will still keep the cosmetics that come with Duke rank, and this could definitely confuse players.
    Additionally, targeting is just part of the game. It’s not bannable as that would cause many false bans. Targeting is a strategy for many players and most of the time, it’s just like “oh how about I go attack that person, since they’re alone at their base?” That causes a “chain reaction” (that was the only word I could think of smh) where your teammates will join in to help attack that certain player.
    Of course, targeting ranks has always been a part of the game, and it’s just one of the few disadvantages that come with buying a rank. I’ve been experiencing this as well ever since I got Trainee rank- I haven’t won a single micro battles game since I got the rank simply because of people targeting me.
    It would be nice to have the rank be invisible in-game like it is on Java as @jxcb | weary_face said, but it’s really not that big of a priority.

-Scarlet

Posted Jan 13, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 13, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  9. This has been suggested a while ago and the lead bedrock developer said that this won’t be a feature ever.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  10. I don't really see a reason as to disagree with the idea. If a player doesn't want their prefix visible, they should be able to turn it off in m opinion.
    The only issue would be (as stated above) that it was rejected before.
    Personally, I don't really find targetting to be that much of an issue in the games I'm in. I've heard that it might occur more often on the Java Edition.
    +1

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  11. Hello! I'm sorry but for now, I will be having to deny this idea due to it being too much work for too little benefit which has been backed up by OneThousand, the Bedrock Lead Developer. Whilst targetting isn't fun, making your rank disappear isn't really a good way of approaching it. People will always target people with a shiny tag, you just have to be ready to beat them in fights with friends. I never saw targetting as an issue with my Lord tag, but this may be different for you, the targeting issue you've brought up isn't big enough for a measure like this to be implemented hence why it has been denied.

Another factor as to why this has been denied is that it has been denied once before here for the same reason. I commend you for making this idea and hope you aren't discouraged from making more ideas! Thank you!

Thread Locked - Not Planned

Posted Feb 11, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.