• 1175 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5984 Players Online
  • 4809 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Deep and Comprehensive Guide on how to win NANO games

Discussion in 'Nano Games' started by VernCow, May 21, 2020.

1. Hi there!

I recently started playing a lot of Nano Games, and here are some of the tips and tricks that I used throughout this process. Obviously, there would be some games that are rather straightforward and self-explanatory, so some games would be more detailed than others in this thread, while others would simply be empty waiting for a commenter to add something.. Of course, please like and comment any other tips or tricks you use, and I would be slowly adding it to the original post.

Sounds good? Here we go.

• Bawk Bawk's Wrath
    - Pretty straight forward the first 2 rounds, literally just make sure that you are comfortable standing in the middle of the platform, and you should be good to go.
    - When PvP is enabled, run towards the platform and run around it for a few seconds. When the timer reaches 0.6 seconds left, hop onto the platform. The reason behind this is that those who jump onto the platform really early end up getting targetted really hard, so if you want to avoid that, do the above and you'll sneak your way through each time.

• Copy Cat
    - "In copy cat, I found that block placement can be tricky, so I usually just think: Oh the emerald block is one block away from the side, The cobble goes one block up and to the side of the dirt, or That dirt block is right on top of the wool block. This kind of spacial thinking can help me save a lot of time." - @PlebKingdom
    - " For the CopyCat game my suggestion is to not just focus on doing a specific type of block at a time. For example, don't just focus on doing emerald blocks first. You should attempt to do them in the order that you see them. Another method for this game would be to sit back for a second and attempt to memorize as much as possible. Although this is more difficult it will allow you to be much quicker." - @Treyy
    - " I found that going in F5 saves a lot of time and actually helped me achieve the Copy Kitty achievement. Since your field of view is increased, you can really decrease the amount of time you take in placing blocks." - @xUmbreon

• Chicken Shoot

- The trick here is that you don't need to fully load your bow every single time you shoot. Bows can be pulled in 3 different stages, and sometimes the first stage is good enough for you to get points already.
    - Jumping while shooting also might make your arrow hit your target faster, so it's always a good idea to jump as well to make sure that no one steals your target and wastes the few valuable seconds of your time.

• Color Swap
    - Use F5 mode. This means that your vision would be much much better and you would be more aware of your surroundings, and therefore you can react better.

Zombie Survival

• Dropper

- Optifine zoom is a great idea in this game!
    - "The game's just knowing the map well enough, there aren't really any tricks to it, so I don't agree with optifine zoom being helpful here" - @Jaek

• Ores Ores Ores
    - The trick here is that you don't need to mine the block for it to be broken. If you click it using your pickaxe, the ore would break on its own and therefore this trick saves you a lot of time.
    - Hold down your left mouse key and go crazy with your aim with your mouse. This ensures that you are breaking the most amount of blocks possible, and therefore you are increasing your chances of finding new ores.
    - Prior to game start, make sure to be standing on top of an already exposed vein of ore, and therefore you can have a headstart by doing so.

• Hot Potato
    - When passing the hot potato to another player, it acts like a punch, so the rule of thumb is to abuse and take advantage of this. You can certainly use this punch to knock your opponent to a layer of the map below you, and therefore get away much safer.

• Jump Rope
    - Let's say the rope is sung in a clockwise direction. What I like to do is to stand on the left of the platform, and when I hit my space bar key I also hit the D key. This ensures that I am jumping over the rope and therefore increase your chances at winning.

• King Slime
    - Ideally, you want to have 10 slimeballs on you before returning to King Slime to save time and be more efficient, but sometimes when you hit 8 slimeballs and there's no more spawning near you it's a good idea to also go to King Slime then moving somewhere else with a fresh batch of slimes.
    - Think about how to maximise your efficiency in this game.
    - "For king slime, with 9 slimeballs you can kill a power slime and get to 12." - @Jaek

• Nano Battle
    - Stick closely with your team! If you go off alone and try to pick one person from an enemy off, they might send 3 people back to try to kill you.
    - Best bet is to wait for everyone to kill each other and cleanup. There really isn't any motivation for you to initiate a fight.

• Musical Minecarts
    - F5 mode is super useful in this game.
    - Another way to play this game is to just make sure that you are in a part of the map where not many people are near you. Due to the fact that the minecarts are randomly generated and randomly scattered, chances are there would be one near you as well. Now, due to the fact that you have practised social distancing, this means that your competition for minecarts near you have also decreased, and therefore would most likely guarantee you a minecart.
    - Have sounds turned on.

• Quick

• Hardcore Parkour (Made by @ChiefChippy)

- Make sure you have enough fps to have a smooth jumping experience. Try not to fall in the first 3 levels.
    - If you are first try to be careful with jumps. Don't try to take shortcuts
    - In some maps momentum is crucial, so stopping actuallys hinders you.
    - If you are right behind someone, follow their steps. It makes it easier. Make sure you don't fall with them though.
    - If you are stuck in one jump try observing how other people do it.
    - Finally, try to sprint jump as often as possible. It guarantees a fast speed.
    - "I suggest jumping before you make a 4 block jump, it'll make them a lot easier (jump to the edge then make the jump, all in one motion)." - @Jaek

• Red Light Green Light
    -
    Early game, you can play a bit more risky due to the fact that you haven't got much to lose. Late game, however, I would advise you to play more cautiously as you would be paying a higher penalty when you get sent back.

• Reverse Tag

• Slime Cycles
    -
    "I recommend playing the border until the chaos has calmed down, and making your way to the center in the final 5 to start to take some people out." - @IvanProvorov

• Snowball Trouble

- Don't bother spam clicking in this game mode, just hold down right-click.

• AAAAAAAA! Spleef

• Sploor

- Great way to win this game is to dive deep into enemy territory and spray your enemy's core territory.
    - Avoid as much combat as possible, due to the fact that there is no respawning cooldown so it isn't worth it to spend the 5 seconds trying to kill an enemy. The 5 seconds could be used to spray more territory instead.
    - Spam clicking in this game won't do. Hold down right-click instead, it feels much better!

• Slime Territory
    - Use the map border to your advantage. The map border, when used correctly, makes it so that you can claim a lot of territory without actually marking that much territory.

• MineKart
    - Don't overcompensate your turn! If the map requires you to turn right, don't make your sheep turn right too much!

• Nano Wizards (Courtesy of @PROSTONE)
    - Your best friend in this game is always going to be the blaze rod. The cooldown is very fast and allows for you to effectively attack multiple players at once. This is a direct 2 shot kill.
    - An easy method would be to attack someone who is stuck in a hole. Throw tnt down, and then double jump over them, while using the fireball on them. This should easily take them out.
    - If you find yourself stuck in a hole, use the feather and double jump to get out. Feather first then double jump. This gives enough boost to get you out 9/10 times.
    - For the healing. Be very resourceful because it has a very long cool down. Only use when you are reasonably low and could get one shot with a fireball.
    -REMINDER: when using fireball, you can use both right click and left click to activate it. I always forget this and find myself right-clicking, which results in much slower cps for me.
    - "in Wizards utilize your TNT as it can definitely be your best friend if used correctly, For me, I like to either throw it and use a blaze rod and knock them in for a combo, or throw the tnt into a group of people and bail." - @IvanProvorov

• Grapple Knife (Courtesy of @PROSTONE )
    - It is very important that when you aim your grapple, you are always aiming it at a block, or else it will not work.
    - There are 2 main strategies for this game, 1 being the centre rusher, and 2 being the person who goes around the edges and gets people as they spawn in. Both are equally effective
    - 1. Grapple to the centre and attack anyone currently there. After each kill looks down and grapple, your player will go straight up in the air, and this will give you a temporary break, and an overview of who’s coming to the center. This can also be used as a surprise attack or avoiding someone.
    - 2. Grappling around to the smaller islands and getting people as they spawn in. Not a lot of people do this, however, I am certain that it works. I recommend option 1, but this would be more laid back, and less chaotic

• Gladiators

- Block hitting is really useful in this mode. Block hitting is when you left and right-click at the same time when hitting your enemy, it blocks quite a bit of damage and most of the time grants you a hit more than your opponent, meaning that you would most likely win if you use this strategy.
    - "This is just false. You block hit by left clicking then right clicking shortly after, not at the same time. Second, I'm 90% sure blocking is disabled on Mineplex as a whole (it doesn't reduce damage). The point of block hitting is the reset your sprint without having to W-tap, which makes you deal more KB and leads to a better combo." - @Jaek (in response to my tips above)

• Knock Knock
    - It may be quite difficult to see where the hole is, and therefore it's not a bad strategy to let your opponent go first so you can essentially just follow them.
    - Time your jumps well so that you won't be slowed by blocks, and get sent back to the beginning.

Now, if you disagree with me, again put it in the comments section and I'll still add it into this original post! Can't wait to see what the community can think of, and hope this guide helped everyone to win more games! :D

VernCow~

Posted May 21, 2020,
    Last edited May 23, 2020
  2. Heyo!

I love this guide and the work put into explaining a good strategy! There isn't much here I can point out as everything seems well written. However, if you could get a strategy written for the Nano Wizards and/or Grapple knife that would also be pretty cool!

Posted May 21, 2020
    PROSTONE likes this.
  3. In copy cat, I found that block placement can be tricky, so I usually just think: Oh the emerald block is one block away from the side, The cobble goes one block up and to the side of the dirt, or That dirt block is right on top of the wool block. This kind of spacial thinking can help me save a lot of time.

Posted May 21, 2020
    PROSTONE likes this.
  4. Grapple Knife:
    • It is very important that when you aim your grapple, you are always aiming it at a block, or else it will not work
    • There are 2 main strategies for this game, 1 being the center rusher, and 2 being the person who goes around the edges and gets people as they spawn in. Both are equally effective.
    • 1. Grapple to the center and attack anyone currently there. After each kill look down and grapple, your player will go straight up in the air, and this will give you a temporary break, and an overview of who’s coming to center. This can also be used as a surprise attack, or avoiding someone.
    • 2. Grappling around to the smaller islands and getting people as they spawn in. Not a lot of people do this, however I am certain that it works. I recommend option 1, but this would be more laid back, and less chaotic
    NANO WIZARDS:
    • Your best friend in this game is always going to be the blaze rod. The cool down is very fast, and allows for you to affectively attack multiple players at once. This is a direct 2 shot kill.
    • An easy method would be to attack someone who is stuck in a hole. Throw tnt down, and then double jump over them, while using the fireball on them. This should easily take them out.
    • If you find yourself stuck in a hole, use the feather and double jump to get out. Feather first then double jump. This gives enough boost to get you out 9/10 times.
    • For the healing. Be very resourceful because it has a very long cool down. Only use when you are reasonably low, and could get one shot with a fireball.
    • REMINDER: when using fireball, you can use both right click and left clicking to activate it. I always forget this and find myself right clicking, which is much slower cps for me the my left.
    Hope this helped

<3

Posted May 21, 2020
  5. Hey! :sigils_down:

Wow... I'm really impressed with the amount of thought put into this! I have to say that this is a super awesome and helpful post, and other community members are giving their opinions and feedback to help make it even more useful. I personally don't play a ton of NANO games, but I'll be sure to refer to this guide in the future. Once again, I cannot express how impressed I am with the amount of detail within this post... Going through your best tips to win in every game! Thank you for posting, and have a wonderful day!

Posted May 21, 2020
    VernCow likes this.
  6. Hey!
    Really amazing guide that you created, I love how in-depth you went with all of the different games. For the CopyCat game my suggestion is to not just focus on doing a specific type of block at a time. For example, don't just focus on doing emerald blocks first. You should attempt to do them in the order that you see them. Another method for this game would be to sit back for a second and attempt to memorize as much as possible. Although this is more difficult it will allow you to be much quicker. Otherwise great guide! There are definitely a few strategies in here that I will be using.

Posted May 22, 2020
    VernCow and Mv__ like this.
  7. Hi!
    I love the amount of detail you put into this. I love to play NANO games in my free time, and have around 1500 or so games played at the moment, so guides like this help me a lot. I enjoyed reading it to see where I agreed, and really enjoyed reading the copy cat section because getting to level 10 is the last achievement that I can't seem to get at all. This thread gave me a lot of other ideas as well for game modes, and I also agree with what you said for the majority that I did actually know about. I never really noticed if I used much of a strategy, but this thread made me realize that I actually do. When it comes to other advice that wasn't mentioned, in Wizards utilize your TNT as it can definitely be your best friend if used correctly, For me, I like to either throw it and use a blaze rod and knock them in for a combo, or throw the tnt into a group of people and bail. And for slime cycles I recommend playing the border until the chaos has calmed down, and making your way to the center in the final 5 to start to take some people out. Thank you for putting in the time for the community!

Posted May 22, 2020
    VernCow likes this.
  8. Wassup,

This is a really excellent guide you've written here. Any new players will be lucky when they find this as it is really comprehensive and in-depth. As someone who has recently returned to the Minecraft World and is trying to get up to date on the latest info this guide is amazing and really helpful! Hopefully I can go back to when I actually used to be good at Nano games, and didn't lose straight away. Keep up the FAB work you're doing here. The community can thrive with players such as yourself!

Stay Safe,
    J4ckiboy

Posted May 22, 2020
    VernCow likes this.
  9. I play a ton of Nano Games, and I can say that all of these tips are good ones. I use the majority of these to help me win.

For suggestions, the only one that I have that isn't up there is for Copy Cat. I found that going in F5 saves a lot of time and actually helped me achieve the Copy Kitty achievement. Since your field of view is increased, you can really decrease the amount of time you take in placing blocks.

Other than that, really nice job with this guide! Hopefully this will help those who are struggling to get wins. :)

Posted May 22, 2020
    PROSTONE likes this.
  10. I really love this guide, as it helps much of the newer players. However, I have one question. You stated that there is a timer in the hot potato minigame, where do you see it? Other than that, this guide was great!

Posted May 22, 2020
    Autocl1kerz_ likes this.
  11. Great tips! ill save this in case I try and start Nano Games!

Posted May 22, 2020
    VernCow likes this.
  12. Hey!

It is apparent that you spent a great amount of time working on this detailed post and I'm sure that many people attempting to learn nano games are grateful for this! I love the addition of player quotes to add the diversity of more player opinions and show different ways to play the game.

Posted May 23, 2020
    VernCow likes this.
  13. Hey!
    This is really impressive! I really loved reading through this guide and it defiantly will help any new comer's to NANO! I think this guide is very on point and well written so kudos to you! Keep up the great work and thank you for doing this for players :D

Posted May 23, 2020
    VernCow likes this.
  14. way to win bawk bawk's wrath: have 200 ms. 1.you take delayed kb. 2. you will teleport back onto the platform(yes you can teleport through the glass) cuz lag and anticheat

Posted May 23, 2020
  15. hardcore parkour : Make sure you have enough fps to have a smooth jumping experience. Try not to fall in the first 3 levels.
    - If you are first try to be careful with jumps. Don't try to take shortcuts
    - In some maps momentum is crucial, so stopping actuallys hinders you.
    - If you are right behind someone, follow their steps. It makes it easier. Make sure you don't fall with them though.
    - If you are stuck in one jump try observing how other people do it.
    - Finally, try to sprint jump as often as possible. It guarantees a fast speed.

Posted May 23, 2020
  16. Hey!

This is a SUPER helpful guide! I know that I always struggle with nano games because, unlike skywars for example, you can’t really focus on improving your skill in one type of game. I will definitely be using this the next time I play nano so thank you so much!

Posted May 23, 2020
    PROSTONE likes this.
  17. Hi there!

First of all, thank you for making this post! I think this would help new players a lot. And, maybe not only new players but also more experienced players. For me, especially, the Nano Wizards guide really helped me a lot. I always lose in nano wizard because I don't know any good tactics, but after reading this post, I hope that I could win more often.

Have a fantastic day!

Posted May 23, 2020
    PROSTONE likes this.
  18. I am horrible at Nano so I appreciate the time you took to make this thread. Reading through it, I’ve noticed so many things I can use to improve how I play. Thank you again for the really in depth thread

Posted May 23, 2020
    PROSTONE likes this.
  19. For chicken shoot I just go for the 3 point ones since everyone is targetting the the 5 point ones.

The game's just knowing the map well enough, there aren't really any tricks to it, so I don't agree with optifine zoom being helpful here.

The timer was removed in late 2018/early 2019.

For king slime, with 9 slimeballs you can kill a power slime and get to 12.

This is just false. You block hit by left clicking then right clicking shortly after, not at the same time. Second, I'm 90% sure blocking is disabled on Mineplex as a whole (it doesn't reduce damage). The point of block hitting is the reset your sprint without having to W-tap, which makes you deal more KB and leads to a better combo.

For hardcore parkour I suggest jumping before you make a 4 block jump, it'll make them a lot easier (jump to the edge then make the jump, all in one motion).

Posted May 23, 2020
    PROSTONE and VernCow like this.
  20. best way to win gladiators: adtap, wtap and blockhit when enemy gets too close to knock them away. (advice from a hardcore nodebuff player)

Posted May 23, 2020
    PROSTONE likes this.