• 1359 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4244 Players Online
  • 2885 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Debuff Ranger. Something changed, and it is terribly wrong.

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Karrrrl124, Jun 13, 2019.

?

Debuff ranger.

This poll will close on Jun 13, 2029 at 1:32 PM.
  1. Yes

7.1%
  2. No(say why)

92.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ranger used to be complete garbage in clans. Longshot plus Overcharge over 64 blocks used to get u down to around 3 hearts. Now you can be one-shot as a sin from less than 40 blocks away with full overcharge and napalm.

Mineplex, what happened??? Ranger was fine how it was before, and you did something to fix it. 2 shotting a knight is unacceptable. Please fix this. Ranger is too overpowered. A sin can rarely fight a good ranger who can one shot a sin, and all other classes really don't have a chance. Debuff ranger. Please. Now.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
  2. lol, I really hope you know how hard it is to hit some moving target with speed 2 that is over 40 blocks away and u only have one shot cuz of ur napalm. unless if u get really lucky or u have aim bot. I feel that the buff is necessary cuz now, people can acc use it. if they debuff it, the ranger set would be pretty much bad.(unless if ur a god)

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Regal_2002 and Starx280 like this.
  3. First, I want to start off by saying that class changes should go in Champions posts because Clans will not have a different kit system. The only thing they can do different is remove certain skills from Clans but still keep them in Champions.

Now, I'm not sure what you mean when you say that Overcharge Longshot from 64 blocks gets you to three hearts. As far as I know, the only thing changed about Longshot was the 5 second delay. Longshot itself is not broken, its the way people can use it. Napalm is not needed for one shotting sins. Overcharge Longshot can one shot sins from like 25 blocks away

Also, nerfing longshot wouldn't kill ranger. There are plenty of ways to use ranger in team fights that people just don't know about yet because they only play sin. It's hard to find the meta for a kit if all you do is play it inside your base or when you fight a boss.

>You can use wolfs fury in combat to 3 tap sins
    >You can use roped arrow to get in and out of places
    >Agility negates 55% damage, trust me you can run from sins
    >Disengage is an instant getaway
    >Explosive Arrow can push people off or just chip away in team fights
    >Longshot outside of a base is very good as well
    >Heal Shot is useful in team fights

Point is that Ranger has many opportunities available for it, just the class doesn't see much use outside of a base because the Assassin meta is a lot easier to use and a lot more stable. I can agree, Longshot is annoying, but I wouldn't call it overpowered because it's meant to deal massive damage at long distance.

Anything that hurts the sin meta is great in my eyes :>

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Starx280, Veans and evildoer like this.
  4. The whole point of this thread was to try to reason or figure out why a ranger is able to 2 shot any class from 25 blocks away. I understand that the sin meta is annoying, but Overcharge Longshot has NEVER been able to one shot anything, as I deeply remember when getting the "Longshot" achievement for illusion, I had to shoot the assassin I was killing twice, instead of just once. (from 64 blocks away) Now, I can one shot somebody from 25 blocks away, which is a relatively easy shot compared to a 64 block shot.

And my problem is, that in clans the amount of rangers sitting in towers is just disgusting, to a certain extent. being able to get a knight from 10 hearts to 5 while being almost completely invincible is just unheard of, which is why I made this thread.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 14, 2019
  5. Sin NEEDS to die.

It gets 4 free hits, has ridiculous mobility and damage and can drop a full health mage and chipped health ranger while completely invulnerable/invisible.

Yeah, that’s far more overpowered than this new longshot.

Also, blink allows you to BLINK right to the ranger, and even if you don’t have that the arrows are moderately easy to dodge, ESPECIALLY with speed 2.

Assassin COUNTERS ranger also, even more so with its broken state rn.

TL:DR; Sin can’t reign supreme forever, y’know. Let other classes shine once in a while.

Posted Jun 16, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 16, 2019
    Xion likes this.

6. Why didn't you make this in earlier seasons? They nerfed longshot by putting a cooldown on it so rangers can't spam it. The chance at them hitting there longshot is pretty small from the usual tower and if the person they hit is close, they most likely won't damage them very much. I've never a ranger instantly kill someone from 25 blocks unless they were low on hp. I get shot by rangers all the time as knight but I usually get a bit low from their shots.

Posted Jun 16, 2019
    Xion and Starx280 like this.
  7. yeah but I mean 7 seasons later you have to understand that a lot of people know what they are doing. Its like how when fortnite was new, everyone was bad at it. Now people can easily grasp things like building or strategy. I think mineplex needs to debuff it again, because it is more than obvious that it got buffed somehow.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah but a lucky 2 shots that can kill a knight from 25 blocks away is completely unfair, the ranger has loads of room to shoot again even if he does miss the first time.

What I'm trying to say, is that a RANGED attack from 25 blocks away, is just unheard of.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 16, 2019
  8. I remember doing the long shot achievement in 2016 and once I remember doing 38 dmg (longshot + overcharge). The max damage now is 28 so they nerfed it by 10 dmg. It used to be able to two shot anything and one shot mage and sins and leave another ranger at 1 health. So basically nothing changed about dmg, long shot could 2 shot anything in 2016 and its still the same now...

However, I do believe they changed the arrow velocity which may be why u think its better now. The arrow travels 40% faster with (overcharge (20%) + longshot(20%)). I do agree this really messes things up, so the velocity should be changed.

In the end, I think the damage should stay the same but the velocity should be changed.

BTW sins r broken and its hard to die from a ranger as a sin unless your fighting a blatant hacker...

Posted Jun 16, 2019
  9. Def stance exists.., and negates literally all of the dmg from longshot overcharge with fortitude (tested)

Posted Jun 16, 2019
  10. Nobody would use def stance in clans, especially with a sin meta. Its useless

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 17, 2019
  11. You have much to learn my friend ;)

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  12. You have 3 hours in Clans, he's right when he says def stance isn't used in clans (unless you're glitching the heck out of it) -- Assassin dominates the landscape right now given high mobility + busted skills. You can't really apply your DOM/CTF gameplay experiences and tactics to Clans, because kit and skill viability become very different in each environment

For the topic itself of nerfing Ranger's long-shot capabilities, this is something on ClanGI's radar and something we hope to address. Currently long-shot enables sitting safely in a sky-tower as a no-risk strategy, consuming endless arrows over several chunks in what is considered a widely "cheap" way to get war-points. Kinda the opposite of the more engaging gameplay we want to be promoting, and also something majority of the community dislikes

Also if long-shot is nerfed, assassin will be nerfed too in the same batch of changes, if not earlier

Posted Jun 17, 2019
    Xion, Starx280 and leo_thya like this.
  13. Worked for me ;)

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  14. Rangers have always sat in their base using overcharge longshot and the "recent" change to ranger has been around since the May 2018 Champions update. The issue shouldn't (key word) happen as overcharge 3 longshot 3 should deal a maximum of 27 damage, but there is an issue with arrow speed which presumably makes overcharge 3 longshot 3 deal the occasional 28 damage. This is more prevalent in Clans because of the longer distances from archer towers down to the ground. I'd assume the natural gravity from on top of the archer towers would make the arrow go faster than intended by just enough to make it deal that one extra damage.

Posted Jun 27, 2019