• 464 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3043 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion DeathRun Game

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by iTzAlexCab12, Jan 31, 2020.

1. I think that the staff should add death run the The objective of the runners is to make it to the end of the map, avoiding any automatic and death-activated trap along the way. The objective of the deaths is to kill the runners using the various traps that the map provides to them. And the other people are know as the runners they need to get first, And if you survive the players who are first, second, third win. And If you die you will re spawn back a obstacle, And i think its a great game idea who agrees?

Posted Jan 31, 2020
  2. For starters, there is somewhat a lot to improve on in this post. Anyway, I don’t need to say much about that because unless Mineplex created a completely different version of death run, it would be copying another bedrock server. -1

Posted Jan 31, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  3. Yea i tried to make a different concept but i couldn't lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 31, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  4. There is already another server with the same game with identical mechanics. I suggest Mineplex's version of the game to have a few twists and spins from that of the existent one from that server. Some routes you can take to alter Death Run on Mineplex is suggest some specific traps the other server does not have, change the role options of all players, or add new aspects, etc. Talking from a business perspective, Mineplex could even be sued for copyright as every last chunk of Death Run replicates the other server. Cake Wars was not penalized because Mineplex added many variations to it to disperse from Bed Wars.

Your game description is also too vague, you must answer as many possible questions players will raise. Visit this page to access what is required of every ideas hub thread.

-1 for now

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Jan 31, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 and xGetRektedx like this.
  5. ok ty

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 31, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. Hey!

As others have stated, this game already exists on another server and I feel that implementing copied games is unnecessary. Unless Mineplex has something to add on to the original concept, the implementation of a copied game won't attract new players at all, because they can already play the exact same game on another server. It will also lower Mineplex's reputation as we have seen in the past. I'm going to have to give this idea a -1, thanks for the suggestion though!

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  7. I've seen this idea implemented on many other servers and I think that adding this game mode won't do much harm to Mineplex. I think that there must be at least 2 kits for each team.
    Runners:
    Defalut- gives you ability to make a higher jump and is basically the default kit from Dragons.
    Fighter - has a sword that stuns the death, it can be used on twice per game.
    Hacker - can get a levitation effect on 4 seconds which might be useful if the runner will fall during parkour.
    This ability has a cooldown of 55 seconds.

Death- I think that it would be ok if there were at least 2 deaths in each match, but it will depend on the amount of players: if there are few players than there will be only one death, if there are many players than there will be 2 deaths. Now let's look at my kits ideas:
    Default: Has diamond armor and enchanted diamond sword which will kill players in 2 or 3 hits. Default death has the same abilities as default runner.
    Archer: Archer has a weaker sword, but owns a bow which has some throw back effect on players who are being shot.The bow doesn't kill the players and has a cooldown about 25 seconds.
    Magician- has 2 slowness potions and 2 nausea potions. They do not have a cooldown and magician can not get a new potion unless he kills 3 players in a row. In such case he will get a special potion-blindness potion.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    iTzAlexCab12 likes this.
  8. One more thing.
    Bro you should add the table with question in order to see if we like the idea or not.
    Just make a table which asks if Mineplexers liked your idea or didn't like the idea.
    I am giving you +1 for the main idea.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  9. Heyo!
    Many users above have stated that the game would kill mineplex's uniqueness. Also you shouldn't say "staff should add", because it isn't staff who add the game. If Mineplex copied that game, it would lose it's unique flare. So I'll be giving this idea a -1.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  10. I would have to disagree with this idea. The reason for this is because the game actually already exists on event servers, and can be played only on them. Bringing them to public games would make events feel less special.

This is something that just won't happen. The levitation potion effect does not exist in 1.8, meaning that for it to even be in Death Run, the game would have to be 1.9+. I'm fairly confident that if the game was 1.9+, the player base for it wouldn't be that large, because, from what I've seen, the majority of players prefer 1.8 PvP.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  11. @iTzAlexCab12 I recommend working a bit more on your threads in the future. This thread is one paragraph that gives readers little to work with.

Death run started out on Garry's mod. It was "copied" to other games like TF2,CS, and eventually Minecraft.

Ideas get copied, transformed and adapted. It's just what happens. Ideas are not protected by copyright either.

Ah yes, cake wars was a complete and utter failure, that killed mineplex's uniqueness.

Developers are staff

I'm not big on events, I actually had no idea. I'd like to see this sort of game in regular play, maybe as a mixed arcade game?

Even though I have not seen the event version, I'd assume a different version would be used for public servers.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    Cardyceps and Xukuwu like this.
  12. So you have never referred to Developers as DEVs? Cool. Also I didn’t say it was coated by Copyright. And another thing, if CW was an utter “failure” then why is it one of the most played games on the server?

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  13. Heyo! I like the game death run but as @Cardyceps stated this game has been implemented in many other servers and that would hurt Mineplex a uniqueness. Also could you specify what obstacles there would be?
    For those reasons I’ll be giving this idea a -1.
    Have a nice day!

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  14. Just because a game is available on one server, doesn't mean you can't copy it/also have it on another server. That's what businesses do. If we were not to have any game that was also available on any other server, to my knowledge you can say goodbye to SG, Block Hunt, Skywars, Cake Wars, Minestrike, SSM, Bridges, Spleef, Runner, Dragon Escape, Gladiators, Micro Battles, and Paintball. I'm sure the rest are also on other servers, so we might as well just close Mineplex I guess. Rival businesses copy successful things that each other do. That's why you get loads of knock-off food brands. A similar game having been made before on another server is not a reason to not add it. In fact, if that game was successful on that server, there'd be even more reason to add it.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    Cardyceps, neropatti and Im_Ken like this.
  15. Yea you did a very good job explaining what i meant

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 1, 2020
  16. Lol, is Sky Wars a unique game? Have you ever played on any other server because Mineplex has many minigames that exist on many other servers. Examples are: Sky Wars, Bed Wars, Survival Games, Build battle and Survival Mode.
    I am not trying to hurt you and I am not saying that you are wrong. It is your opinion and I respect it.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  17. Well I would say that if it weren't unique, it would have games such as Murder Mystery and many more.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  18. Murder Mystery isn't unique any more. I don't think that adding one more game will make Mineplex less unique because of other servers having the same mini games as Mineplex and even more.
    This makes Mineplex a bit old if you understand what I mean. In case if you don't understand I wanted to say that Mineplex has less mini games than some other servers and players usually choose servers by looking at some of the features that I will list below.:
    1)Amount of different mini-games.
    2) Server's quality: banning system, bags, lags and how good or bad moderators are.
    3) Cringe and trends. Some players might be attracted by such servers, but many of them are seasonal players and many other people might hate the server for being cringe.
    4) Donation - this is a very important feature. There are some things that servers mustn't sell for real money - super powerful kits and weapons, claims in Survival Mode, ability to play a sertain mini-game for as long as a player wants and at last NEVER SELL ABILITY TO BECOME A MODERATOR OR EVEN ANDMIN.

Let's talk about first 2 because Mineplex doesn't have problems with donation.
    Mineplex is NOT unique and it isn't the fault of the developers. It is a good idea to add mini games that already exist, but they must bring something new. A good example: PUBG and Fortnite. Fortnite is based on PUBG's idea,but it is more popular because it has more features than PUBG.
    Another thing is the server's quality. Bedrock has some big problems and they are fixed at a very slow speed because there are only 2 or 3 developers. Most players don't care about the number of developers and they just want the problems to be fixed.
    That is all what I had on my mind. Feel free to criticize me because I actually deserve it.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  19. Forgive me for saying that you went a bit off topic. Tbh I didn't say murder mystery was a unique game to begin with. I gave it as an example.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  20. 1)
    2)
    So what did you want to say in the first quote?

Posted Feb 1, 2020