• 310 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7035 Players Online
  • 6725 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Death tag is dead bruh

Discussion in 'Death Tag' started by Lyzardguy, Oct 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I haven’t played death tag for a while and was sad to see that freaking nobody was even playing anymore. I really liked the game man what the heck happened and where did all the players go

Posted Oct 12, 2020
  2. Hey! DT died around a month ago, mostly due to the new strat called bow boosting, but also because of excessive teaming, and toxicity. Most players have transitioned over to TNT tag on Hypixel, but you will still find some of the community playing Mixed Arcade

Posted Oct 12, 2020
    Lyzardguy likes this.
  3. Dang. Thanks 4 the explanation homeslice

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 12, 2020
  4. Sometimes lobbies do start but it is no doubt way more dead than it used to be. You now have to sit in DT-1 for like an hour and a half then spam every Death Tag discord server you know to join DT-1 and in return you get an 8 player lobby that dies in 15 minutes. As campd said, Death Tag died due to bow boosting and teaming and toxicity! I made a forum post on bow boosting and teaming and as a result bow boosting will be removed in the next update, but I don't think that update to DT is coming any time soon! I also think Death Tag is dead because a lot of players quit after they got sick of it playing it almost all the time during the pandemic. Not to mention that Mineplex released a new game aka Halloween Horror and that causes almost no one to queue for Death Tag. Sadly, once Death Tag dies, it's likely to be permanent unless Mineplex receives a huge surge of players. If you like Death Tag, you can try TnT Tag (although in my opinion, they are vastly different games and TnT Tag is really boring). We all like Death Tag and some of us have been playing it for years on end so it's a shame to see it dead. Truly tragic!

Posted Oct 14, 2020
    Lyzardguy likes this.
  5. Death tag as died due to Bow boosting, a lot of Toxicity and teaming. I honestly do not think that they will make a new update for it to intrigue more players to start playing the match but don't let your hopes die!

Regards, Zvq_

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    Lyzardguy likes this.
  6. Hewo there ! ^-^

I used to play Death Tag so much way back then. I'm pretty sure it's possible to save this game by remaking it, fixing what would have gone wrong, and removing all bad stuff, so it would be fair and fun for everyone ;)

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    Lyzardguy and _Acura like this.
  7. I Totally Agree, I Think This Game Should Be Made Again. Hopefully They Can Fix All The Advantages Ruining The Game But Other Then That, We Hope That The Staff Can Help, There are Many great games out there! :3

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    Lyzardguy likes this.
  8. At this point its way too late for Death tag to be revived. sad.

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    anna dot likes this.
  9. Wouldn't it make more sense to just patch the bugs, instead of wasting resources on re-making a game that already exists.

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  10. There is more than just patching bugs to be done to this minigame, that's why I said remaking it. Keep the original concept and all stuff, just revising it and fixing/changing things that are not right that would make the game fully enjoyable for everyone ^-^ Furthermore, Mineplex wants to focus more on fixing issues first than making new games, and in-between adapt games features ; it's organised in a way to prioritize tasks in a logic manner, so things can going well. Still, revamping Death Tag is something that caught attention for sure ;)

Posted Oct 15, 2020
  11. Like I said earlier, they don't need to remake the game to fix the issues. You don't need to remake the game to revise it either. Remaking the game just to fix/revise the issues, would simply be waste of Dev time, because we could do both those things without doing a remake. You have to remember that Death Tag isn't the only game on Mineplex, and it's not even the game that needs attention the most. It simply wouldn't make sense to do a full remake, if there is no reason to.

Posted Oct 15, 2020
  12. Who disagrees? also i played tnt tag and kazd targetted me even tho i changed my ign. i bet he stalks my namemc at night

Posted Oct 15, 2020
  13. It kinda was remade I think for nano games. Also there used to be like this zombie tag version before death tag that I’ve played in the past on mps. (U can’t play some old games now) Hey I’m going to make a post about that.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 15, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  14. Yes that was Zombie Survival. The NANO Games version of DT, also called Zombie Survival, is identical to the original version, so there is no point in re-making it. Re-adding Zombie Survival would just be a waste of time, and would add nothing new to Mineplex.

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    Lyzardguy likes this.
  15. I quit death tag cuz its unfair.

Posted Oct 15, 2020
  16. Same

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    Da ZPG likes this.
  17. True true but it just ain’t the same when it’s in nano games vs it’s own game. I understand that when games lose popularity and die people are gonna want something new and different but I liked many of origional mineplex games
    What am I even talking about I am mentally insane!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 15, 2020
  18. To be honest getting targeted and having enemies is way more fun than teaming and winning every game but not everyone shares the same opinion. There are teamers who team with the whole lobby then wonder why the game is so boring and then quit. Like I said in my previous post, teaming should have just been banned from the get-go along with bow boosting. Everything would be way more fun that way but nope, Mineplex the Great decided that if there aren't more than 2 teams you can cross-team? LOL!

Posted Oct 15, 2020
  19. I agree. I could not find a more boring way to play death tag than earn none of my wins. Also at this point mineplex doesn't give a crap about the community.

Posted Oct 16, 2020
  20. Do you actually have no wins at all?

Posted Oct 16, 2020
    anna dot likes this.