• 1224 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6048 Players Online
  • 4824 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Death Tag: Hit Back Traitors!

Discussion in 'Death Tag' started by Baymax, May 22, 2020.

1. wish I could delete the thread because I've realized it's a dumb idea :)

Posted May 22, 2020,
    Last edited May 22, 2020
    x3bood likes this.
  2. The whole point of the kit "Traitor" is to hit others. Traitor is a kit to betray their team, if you made "Archers" the ability to hit "Traitors" back, the kit would be overpowered. As you play the game more, you'll realize how unreasonable this idea is. As an experienced DT player, I can assure you that the kit "Basher" is already a really good kit, if you know how to use it correctly, you can outrun many Chasers.

Posted May 22, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_, Zayta and Bobtroopo like this.
  3. In my opinion, this shouldn't be a thing. It would just make basher too OP. What if a skeleton hits you? You can give them slowness and knock them back? Same thing with the archer kit. You can knock them back with your fist, then knock them back again with your bow for double the knockback. It would just be unfair and OP.

Posted May 22, 2020
  4. I'm aware but it's annoying to finally get into a good spot and a traitor decides to knock you off of that spot, I just think there should be some way to combat that since anyone is powerless against a traitor in that situation.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 22, 2020
  5. Again, the kit "Traitor" is made to hit players.

Posted May 22, 2020
  6. While it may be frustrating when players use the Traitor kit to knock others off, I don't believe this idea should be implemented. The whole point of the kit is to be a "Traitor" to all of the non skeletons. By giving the other kits the ability to hit traitors it basically makes the other kits two kits in one.

Posted May 22, 2020
  7. Well yeah I am aware of that, but I think there should be someway to defend yourself even if it's not hitting them back. But if they could hit them back, even if the knockback was reduced heavily as a non-traitor that way you can have some way of defending yourself. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 22, 2020
  8. Hey! I'm unfortunately going to have to disagree as well. That is the one unique aspect of the traitor kit that makes it unique. Implementing it to other kits would cause an unbalance, and make the traitor kit not so unique. You say you understand this and that you still want a way for non-traitors to defend themselves, but I don't think they need a way to defend themselves. They have other advantages in other ways, for example bow boosting and being able to shoot chasers from afar. Those are very powerful abilities that in my opinion are even better than being able to hit other runners.

Posted May 22, 2020
    divve likes this.
  9. I understand where you are coming from, but the traitor kit is unique and giving other players a way to defend themselves from the said kit would remove the need to use that kit, because people would rather take no knockback at all from playing no kit than use traitor kit with the chance that every player can fight back, all kits have their ups and downs and traitor doesn't have the bow or sword that the other kits have, it has an axe that's only upside is the ability to knock back other survivors. Great post though

Posted May 22, 2020
  10. I didn't see what your originally wrote as you've removed it, but don't feel that you need to delete a thread/comment just because the majority doesn't agree with you. Take it as a way to improve and build upon your idea, which others might agree with.

Posted May 22, 2020
  11. Death Tag is a fundamentally broken game as it is; bow boosting (both self-bowing and humans bowing chasers to another human's spot), teaming, corrupt lobbies, an unrealistic achievement, and several more areas of this gamemode make the game basically unplayable. However, without the traitor kit, the games most likely would never end unless there are people who can parkour extremely well. I've been in games that last more than 20 minutes because every player in the lobby is friendly and refuses to play the game. This scenario is similar to Block Hunt, where players do not hunt and instead help the hiders. By the way, this is all allowed and fair game (based on what RC believes).

Posted May 24, 2020
  12. i think it was something along the lines of hitting back traitors if you are basher/archer

Posted May 25, 2020