• 351 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2435 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Dealing with trainee denials.

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Klobby, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Best of luck, hope to see you on one day with the Trainee tag!
    --- Post updated ---
    Hey,

This is the best thread and most useful thread I have seen in quite a while! This is such a big encouragement to those who want to become a Trainee! My last application was almost 5 months ago. This isn't because I don't want to become a Trainee but rather I want to be the best me I can be on the staff team. I joined CMP a few days ago as I want to know how to be a more helpful player on discord, on the forums, or in-game. I am in no hurry to join the staff team and I am willing to wait many more years to be on it. My biggest discouragement would be thinking I'm not good enough to be on the Staff Team. When I think I am ready I will apply again.

This is an encouraging thread that I know not only me but so many other people are encouraged to be a better person. The tips are very useful and I have used some of them in the past. All of us are humans and aren't going to be perfect. This thread is very useful and thank you @Klobby for the encouragement, I also hope that you will get Trainee some day.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Klobby likes this.
  2. Hey!
    I have actually never seen a thread like this and love how you used your own experience to hopefully lift others up. I myself was denied a lot before finally reaching trainee and reading threads like this and having friends by my side who believe in me definitely helped me to persevere and continue trying to apply. I think the biggest part is not letting it get to your heart and if trainee is something you really want you have to keep trying and eventually you will get it. I also suggest that if anyone is struggling to join CMP it really does help. Thanks for making this thread I think everyone aspiring for trainee should give it a read and never give up on your goals like Trainee.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Klobby likes this.
  3. Hey, REALLY great post here. Way deserving of the amount of likes it has accumulated. I potentially find myself to be applying in the future, though I still have a lot to learn about being a staff member, work on being more responsible, beong more kind with others rather than needlessly joking around all the time and much, much more. I'm going to take these next couple months to work on myself and an application but I think this is a really well put together thread that I've personally thought a lot about too. Thanks for your thoughts and have an amazing day! :)

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Jqyd3n and Klobby like this.
  4. This is exactly what i needed haha.
    Being Denied is probably one the most common downsides for applying as Trainee, knowing me i had this feeling in my gut that i wasn’t gonna get accepted on my first try being that i was just anxious. A few hours later i get the notification saying that i was Denied, after that i had already known that i needed to better my application and just show how i can be a good aspect to the Mineplexx staff team.

Here’s comes my second Application.
    I thought to myself that this application will do it, i might actually have chance with this one so i go on to submit it getting my hopes which i knew i shouldn’t. A day later it gets Denied, at that point i start losing that happy feeling to keep on applying and going through the struggle to apply again. The big red Denied Sign got to me and just demotivated me to wanna try again, but as i’m seeing this post i now know that i can do it, i have a chance to get to do what i have dreamed to do!

This is a big thanks on my part for you writing this for us and helping give people that boost of motivation that they needed (:

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Jocoe, 24OO and Klobby like this.
  5. I had an ambient feeling after reading this thread and the story you told us. I'm glad that you're presenting your morals, advice, tips, and more. If you're curious as to why I've been on the staff team so long, I was an old Helper/Trainee candidate. I'd been trying to become a staff member at least one year before I made it to my acceptance. Do you want to know how many applications I submitted in the past four years? I submitted eight before I joined the staff team. Of course, I'd encountered obstacles before, and I had to wing it. I cried after I got denied, and it wasn't fun at all. Now I'm here, already a Sr.Mod, Forum Ninja, Streams team, Reports Patrol Assistance, Event Assistant, and Ideas team.

I saw some people telling us the story about their Trainee application. Why not listen to my story about how I become a staff member in the first place, it's pretty interesting! Four years ago, I remember my older best friends got Helper on Mineplex. I also remember @Sven was a Helper back in February 2015! After looking at their fancy cyan Helper tag (This rank existed before it got renamed to Trainee), I decided that I would apply for Helper. I wrote several answers on my application, and I thought it would be an easy way to get it. After looking at my application, I found out that mine was actually terrible. I found my first supportive friend, @Spoiler who helped me with my application. He helped me with my grammatical errors because my English wasn't good enough. Two months later, I submitted my first application on March 12, 2015. I was excited because I couldn't imagine myself being a Helper on Mineplex. I also saw another best friend, RosaEpicBeauty who got accepted to be Helper too. Several weeks passed by and I was denied due to lack of detail. I messaged the Recruiter who denied my application, but they never responded. I had to learn from my mistake and didn’t receive any advice from a Recruiter.

I nailed my second Helper application in April 2015. This was my first successful attempt at my application before I reached the interview stage. I was interviewed by @FireStar who was an Apps Mod way back before she got promoted to Recruiter. I was excited because I couldn't wait to be interviewed by her. Unfortunately, I didn't get Helper due to a poor interview. Fun fact was that Helper was renamed to Trainee while I was in the middle of the application and interview process.

I made a decision to take a break from Trainee application and made a come back at the end of May. I submitted my third application, and hoped this one was the time I could get Trainee. I did well on my application and interview process in the Summer of 2015. My app was pending for over two months, and I thought it was a good sign. I couldn't stop thinking about my two close friends who were a Moderator at that time. Unfortunately, it had come down to the line by the end of July. I was denied due to not being helpful in-game. This was tragic because I'd worked so hard during summer. I cried a lot because I was hopeless. A few of my friends were here for me on TeamSpeak. I told them I got denied from Trainee, and they said it's going to be okay. My fourth, fifth, and sixth application turned out to be okay, but there was some setback in the past. My fourth and fifth application were both denied due to a poor interview. My sixth application could've been my only chance, but I cancelled it due to a personal reason. After that, my seventh application was mistakenly denied by a Recruiter, and told me to redo my submission.

My eighth Trainee application was the success and I'd worked so hard for one year. I did well on my application, interview, and observation process before I made it to the acceptance. I officially got accepted to Trainee on January 29, 2016! Everyone including my friends congratulated me on my promotion, and I was so proud! After trying for a long time, my time had come. I made friends from the staff team and community members. My Trainee Management mentor was mikelikesmuffins. I had some Mod Coord Mentor and Monitor way back. I got promoted to Moderator on April 3, 2016. I was glad that I had the best Mod Coord Mentor and Staff Management supervisor, @Dulciloquy! I also had one of the best Mentoring Assistants, @xUmbreon! I'll never forget my memories with her too! A few years has passed, I got promoted to Sr.Mod and joined Forum Ninja on May 12, 2019!

That's my story of how I became a Mineplex staff member in the first place. If you want to become a Trainee, please don't give up. Because one day, you'll become a staff member just like us. I'd encourage you to keep reapplying no matter what. Make sure you ask the Recruiters for advice, and this will help you to improve your Trainee application in the future. I submitted eight applications, and you're not the only one who got denied at first. Show them you're ready to become a staff member! The more confident, the more you'll likely get it!

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  6. Hi Klobby, thank you for making this thread!

I know it sounds super cliché but it's really important to keep working towards your goals. It's also important to understand that rejections happen for a reason, nobody gets rejected because the recruiter felt like it. I was rejected 3 times before being accepted and while I know a lot of people applied more times than I have before being accepted, it's so important to take the things you learn in stride and take each rejection to heart and evaluate what you need to do differently the next time.

I totally understand it can be demotivating to be rejected a handful of times but the fact of the matter is, dedication and persistence is always going to win the day. Back in 2015, I was denied twice before making it to the interview and then I got rejected after my interview. It certainly sucked to be rejected but that experience alone put me in the right direction. After around 6 months of taking the time to improve in the areas I was lacking as well as making sure I was in a good place to start my trainee trial, I reapplied, got an interview and was accepted 2 days after my interview.

I'll try not to make this too long even though I could write several more paragraphs. In conclusion, if you're an aspiring trainee and this is something you truly want, I urge you not to give up. Take each rejection as an opportunity to grow and become a stronger, not as a message that you aren't capable or good enough because that's not what they're there for. If you keep working hard at getting trainee, my 3.25 years of experience can reassure you're in for a great experience and once again, I urge you not to give up!

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    Jqyd3n, mightykiller, Jocoe and 4 others like this.
  7. This is a very motivating thing to hear! I won't give up, thank you!

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  8. Good thread. It made me think of an advice that definitely doesn't get said enough:

Remember that the Trainee application process has more to it than writing an application. A lot of times we get applicants who put all their thoughts and efforts into the application just for them to fail to follow up that same level of thinking and effort in the rest of the process. What do I mean? I mean, really think about why you want to apply and where you want it to take you. Throughout the years we've accepted people who didn't really think everything through and ended up leaving the team less than a week in, or we invite someone to an interview just to find out that they'll be gone for 3 weeks. It's the little things around the process that are just as important. Think about scenarios in your head. If we were to ask you "what do you want to do on the staff team?" and you'd then take the next 5 minutes to think, then we must assume that you haven't put any prior thought into it. Why would we move someone on who doesn't actually know what they want to do?

On a related note, and maybe less of an advice and more of a cry of "please do not do this". Often times when we do take the chance and move on the people who don't seem to have put thought into things, but seem to have good intentions we later down the line figure out that they don't follow through with anything they said in their interview/application. It's a pretty bad outlook for an applicant whose main point throughout their process is how helpful they are around the network, only for us to find out... they aren't.

So, please. Think about the process. Think about being a Trainee. Think about what you want to do and why you want to do it. It'll save everyone a lot of time.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  9. The application is the worst part :(

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    KawaiiLovi ☾ and Jocoe like this.
  10. I always found the interview to be the worst part

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  11. Applications are worst lol

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  12. I guess it depends on whether you're more skilled at speaking or writing. I personally really enjoy writing, so the application process was pretty enjoyable for me. On the other hand, I was much more nervous in the interview because verbal communication is not my strong suit, and I suffer from social anxiety (not as bad as it used to be, but it is definitely still present). Not only that, but you'll be going into an interview with someone who you've more than likely never spoken to before, so it can be fairly awkward, although the interviewer will do their best to make you feel comfortable. Overall, if you're dedicated enough, have enough passion, and really know why you want to be on the team, you'll breeze through the processes because the Recruitment team can tell when a candidate truly has passion.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  13. Rejection is something that everyone deals with at some point in their lives; I myself can concur. Although it only took around 5 or so applications for me to be accepted, I’ve been dealing with rejections IRL for a while. Rejections are a fact of life and the best way you can deal with them is finding ways to improve and coming back stronger than ever.

I started applying way back in 2014-2015. By that time I didn’t really know what a “good” application was, so I just mashed a few sentences together and hoped to get accepted, which as you can probably guess didn’t really last me 24 hours. I was upset and discouraged, and thought I would never make it. I was mostly denied for lack of detail, and once for being underage. I can’t access enjin so I don’t know for sure how many apps I submitted, but I think around my 5th one (one that wasn’t cancelled) I was finally pulled into the interview stage. I was so nervous because it was the first formal meeting that I ever was in online, and I honestly thought I did poorly but obviously it got me accepted on October 6th, 2017.

Four years ago I would never have expected me to be where I am now, mentoring both Trainees and Mods and going through a variety of subteams. I definitely don’t regret applying; being a part of the staff team was a good choice made by myself. There were definitely ups and downs but I’d say the pros outweighed the cons :)

Id say if this is something you really want, then keep trying. You should also keep in mind what you’re getting yourself into; being a Trainee requires more dedication than one might think and you have to be sure that this is something you can commit to. If rejected, read over the denial reason and start working on a new and improved app, and feel free to ask a Recruiter for more info on your rejection.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  14. Wow. This thread really motivated me. And I believe it did to everyone who applied for trainee. I got rejected the first time I applied. The first application didn't last for more than 2 days. I just re-applied and hope for the best.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    Korben2005, Klobby and Jocoe like this.
  15. Best of luck!

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    Klobby likes this.
  16. I can say I'm lucky and not because I'm 1 year underage. That's the only 1 thing that got me denied. I will try again in December, since my birthday is in November. Wish me luck, although I doubt I'll get to be a Trainee, but I won't give up.

Posted Oct 17, 2019
    Jocoe and Klobby like this.
  17. Hey!

Yea, I am a member who is really trying to get trainee myself! I have been applying for years, and when I say that I'm not lying. My first application was all the way back in the summer of 2016. I've been applying for all of this amount of time and I'm really hoping one of my applications gets accepted soon. My last application lasted for a week but still got denied. I have another application ready to submit on Monday and I hope this is the one that gets me to the interview stage! I've been waiting for so long to at least get invited to an interview for Mineplex. I feel like this application will set me forward in my skills and will let me become a better writer for applications no matter if I pass this next one or not.

Have a good day!

Posted Oct 17, 2019
    Klobby and Jocoe like this.
  18. Wish you luck @P_anda !

Posted Oct 17, 2019
    Klobby, Jocoe and AyyPanda like this.
  19. Hey! Wow that is a long time to be applying for, personally the best advice I can give to you and everyone else who is applying for this long amount of time is keep being determined, it takes a boy to give up after so many amounts of tries because of demotivation and it takes a man to keep going till he succeeds his dreams. So, with that being said, make sure to self-improve if you are still being denied so you know where you went wrong and how you can achieve your job of becoming a Trainee! Best of luck with all of your applications! c:

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    Klobby, Jocoe and Jqyd3n like this.
  20. WIsh you the best of luck on your Trainee Application!

Posted Oct 19, 2019
    Klobby likes this.