• 795 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11965 Players Online
  • 11170 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

dead game (i wonder why)

Discussion in 'Death Tag' started by rray, Nov 2, 2020.

1. On behalf of the DT community(note: we have played this game for 3+ years and created a small community between us). The game has been *removed* back in 2018 or something- Honestly, you should be thanking us for bringing the game back again(somewhat alive). We were informed in-game that teaming is now bannable for Sev 1, which no one is taking seriously. Chasers are *still* teaming in front of -snip-, who somehow can't happen to see it, so why make the rule? Yes, I know people are going to reply that their experience isn't the best with DT, but let's take our first step in reviving the game! The reason our small community is dying again because the updates are just ridiculous, which includes the water damage on Trial, the removal of certain maps which everyone liked, bow boosting still being a thing etc... We've also heard that the roof on Village is going to get blocked LOL. I'm sorry, but that's the worst idea we've heard. Also, players such as -snip- wants teaming to be removed, ok I respect it but make some friends, please. Another reason it's dying is that people queue chaser and toggle ka until the game dies, if ukuk. tbh I'm not that pressed about this update, because no one is really going to follow this absurd rule, we've been teaming even when -snip- was in our game, so imagine a game without a staff lol. It's almost as this rule is nonexistent. However, we're excited that bow boosting is getting removed in the next update(5 years btw), if the game is still alive then... Furthermore, there was a thread that Aderath posted about new achievements, it's like that never happened. So the lack of communication between the DT community and the people that suggest updates is terrible. So honestly, thanks for the somewhat useless update because the game will die from it. Maybe a game of 15 players that'll last for an hour or so a week and that's it.

*if you want to still team*
    just stay away from runners and go to the side so they can run past, or fake afk. cheers.

These are only a few complaints, and trust me there's more.
    https://imgur.com/a/w4q9KfZ

Posted Nov 2, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Nov 4, 2020
    Jocoe, PineapplePepsi, dio. and 3 others like this.
  2. So do you have any proposed solutions?

Posted Nov 2, 2020
  3. Posted Nov 2, 2020
  4. This is being removed.

This is being removed.

We're not blocking that roof - we're actually making it more accessible, by extending the wood log parkour on the backside of it to allow for another route to get up there.

I can't remember that specific thread so if you could link it so we could check it out that'd be great. We do already have a few new achievements planned, which you can see here:

[​IMG]

I tried to communicate with Death Tag players because I wanted to help you improve your game. I asked to be invited to a DT discord server ("Death Tag OGs", if that rings any bells), where I asked for your opinions on certain ideas (which didn't get much response). When we got round to discussing Death Tag in the GI discord, I pinged all 40 people in that discord and asked if they wanted to join to get their opinions heard, and only 3 or 4 people took me up on that offer. I've tried to respond to these threads people have made in this subforum about the game (though I haven't been the best in that regard, I'll be honest). So I take offence to you saying that the communication between GI and the DT community is terrible when I've done everything I could to give the community a voice and almost no one has worked with me.

Posted Nov 2, 2020
    gpsqueixo, Danese, nndy and 17 others like this.
  5. ---deleted game---

Posted Nov 2, 2020
    rray likes this.
  6. i think you can interpret my suggestions after reading

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2020
  7. dont know what dt ogs is nor gi discord is mb

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2020
  8. If the new teaming rule is such a big deal why not play in an MPS? you guys can always do whatever you want there, just like you always could. I remember trying to join a DT lobby and it was literally such a horrible experience. It's just a secluded community of people who won't let others play, and just make the game terrible for anyone outside of the group. There is a very good reason why the rule was made, because it follows such basic fairness for players in any game involving 2 teams. Before this rule was implemented there was a terrible loophole for people to bypass stat boosting without getting punished. You could literally just have a group of like 10 people boost wins, exp, etc by not playing the game and making the game go way longer than needed. one of the most common things i heard from new players was that there were too many people who wouldnt attack the humans while chaser

Posted Nov 3, 2020
  9. Hate to break it to you, new rule or not, people will always team in dt, its just the way it is

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2020
  10. English, please. Don’t know what that language is...

Posted Nov 4, 2020
  11. "Don't know that Death Tag OGs is nor Game Insights Discord is my bad"

Death Tag OGs is a Discord server for people who play Death Tag (DT), and I'm not quite certain what the Game Insights (GI) Discord is used for, but I believe it's used to help get new ideas for game updates and stuff. (:

Posted Nov 4, 2020
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  12. Heyo

I'm super sorry that you're feeling this way about Death Tag's recent updates and proposed changes, but there are better ways around it than just complaining on the forums. It's always best to bring constructive criticism in situations like this. Make your points, expand however much you like on how much you hate it but then you kind of need to bring up plausible solutions afterward. A member of GI has already responded to this thread, but in future I do recommend just going directly to a member of GI about your concerns and talking it through with them. Unless of course you are looking for other people on the forums to chip in with new or expanded ideas, in which case this is fine. It'd save you the time of this rant thread, and it'd get to the conclusion much faster. They're all friendly enough people and they are on the team dedicated to making their designated games better - community feedback is appreciated, I'm sure :)

Posted Nov 8, 2020
  13. Most of everything that's been stated above addresses this thread really well from GI member feedback to merely asking "well what do you suggest?".

As an OG DT player with over 1k games played, I still have my love for DT and I find that the game isn't in fact as dead as people make it out to be. Since Mixed Arcade runs on a cycle, it's easy to predict when and where games will start as well as to grind XP by learning that cycle. Death Tag is among that cycle, and while it's not a fan favorite, it still has games start quite often. I noticed you mentioned something about a DT OG discord/community, so my simple suggestion, like @Paladise 's community for CTF1, is to create a community that you can mass message players in to join /sv DT-1 or something in order to play games. You may not get to play the game 24/7, but you'll still get to play the game and have a blast like the old days.

As far as everyone else said, the game and server are far from dead as people say, and I don't say that simply because I'm a staff member but truly as what I believe in. as @Sven said, "Do you have any proposed solutions?" and if so, I'd personally love to continue to follow this thread or discuss them with you as a DT OG player to see what we can come up with in order to "revive" DT and bring more players to the game.

Take care,
    ~Hubble

Posted Nov 9, 2020
    Jocoe likes this.
  14. Just a suggestion as an Death Tag Player with basically 2k wins. Some maps need to go.... aka bathroom and lost jungle at the bare minimum ... I don’t want to sound rude, but I feel like they were more designed to be aesthetically pleasing, instead of being designed for gameplay. If you dont want these map removed would we be able to make edits to them? If so I could give some ideas of edits that should be made, but I feel like there is really no fixing these maps

Posted Nov 12, 2020
    Sven likes this.
  15. I would like to hear what edits you want to be made to Lost Jungle. We already have a relatively conclusive list of changes to be made to Bathroom (that will result in essentially a complete revamp), but this is the first I've heard about Lost Jungle being poor for gameplay.

Of course, it'd be great to hear what edits you want for Bathroom as well, just in case we missed anything when we first gathered feedback about that map.

Posted Nov 12, 2020
  16. -My biggest problem for Lost Jungle is that (in my opinion) it’s too cramped. I feel like you get across the map way too fast and you tend to find yourself stuck with no where to go. This was the same thing for Boscage a while back before it got updated and added another island. Maybe we could do that with Lost Jungle? Like I said this is my personal opinion, so idk if all of DT feels this way

Posted Nov 12, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  17. I totally forgot about the map Mansion. This map doesn’t even fit the criteria for a DT map in my
    opinion. I’m not trying to be harsh just letting you know why I don’t like it. There is no parkour. All people do is ground-run, which makes games last forever. And the size of the map is huge (I know that there are other maps, the same size. But at a least those have a lot of parkour, which can lead to people messing up, and dying) and this size doesn’t help with this ground-running problem

Posted Nov 12, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  18. mansion... lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 13, 2020
  19. Actually, DT is more alive now than it has been in months. There's a server everyday that always reaches atleast 18 players at some point compared to back when me and pucro would have to sit in lobbies to get a 9 player game that dies in 30 minutes. It's certainly not as alive as it was earlier in April-June but claiming it's as dead as having a 15 player lobby per week is very farfetched.

Also, not everyone hates the new teaming rule. Sure, it doesn't prevent people from teaming entirely but it definitely decreases it. The fact that someone could now get you punished by clipping you teaming with a chaser/boosting that chaser introduces a new fear that acts to stem mass-teaming. Not to mention that whenever a mod joins a server, a lot of people are scared to be caught teaming (he does take action, recently someone got banned for something along the lines of "repetitively ignoring the same player" aka teaming). Also you can still stay friends with someone without teaming with them in game.

But OP does have a point that there are definitely teamers who very obviously team that get away scot free. Some people team with nearly the whole server and all the chasers have to do is not approach their friend and they can farm wins for days. This kind of teaming is extremely hard to punish though because you don't know for sure if the chaser is just interested in another runner or actually teaming with the mass-teamer. The only way I see this problem being dealt with is to punish the mass-teaming runner as opposed to the chasers.

With all due respect, this sounds more of a rant than a well thought out post.

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  20. as my time in mineplex, the Games I liked Including DeathTag and Sneaky Assassin, where although one of of the 2 favorites in the past seeing youtubers play these being Interested and even today I still find these games very Heart warming & feeling the blood rushing thrill of Joining a Game is why I find Mineplex, one of the servers I could Never leave.

Posted Dec 4, 2020