• 1452 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8271 Players Online
  • 6819 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Damage Scales question

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by _Gorgonite, Dec 30, 2019.

1. [RESOLVED]

There happens to be a Wikia page on Mineplex, and I looked at it trying to get a sense of the damage Villagers trade scatter does, and I noticed that each mob has a different attack damage (e.g. Enderman and Golem have an attack of 7, sheep has 5)

Now my question is, does the attack damage remain constant, not varying depending on whats in your hand? I've been cycling weapons thinking that it made a difference in attack strength but now I'm not sure that's necessary.

Posted Dec 30, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 13, 2020
  2. Melee damage depends only on the mobs specific stat "Damage:" the weapon in your hand does not factor in. You could be them with the compass as an Enderman and still do 7.0 damage.

Posted Dec 30, 2019
  3. That was what I suspected. Thanks very much!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 30, 2019
  4. Hello! I would not trust everything you see online, as Wikipedia is known for some false information, as anyone can create an account an post things on the website. However, this could be true, and I suggest going by what you think, you can always ask a staff member as well! (www.mineplex.com/staff) If you have any questions regarding this or anything else, you can always message me! I hope I helped!

Posted Jan 10, 2020
  5. You’d want to ask an SSM players; not all staff play SSM.

Posted Jan 10, 2020
    Sven likes this.
  6. Good point, but they might know more about the game than regular SSM players. However, if they do not, as @leo_thya stated you can try contacting an SSM player, although I’m sure an Admin can help you.

Posted Jan 10, 2020
  7. Yo! Just to clarify, your base damage (that specified in the kit's index/description) remains constant regardless of what you're holding in your hand at the time. Any item slow will deal the same damage as your sword/axe.
    Aw that's nice <3 Nick is a very knowledgable person!

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    AyyNick likes this.
  8. Jeez, what’s your problem? I was only trying to help. You really showed your true colors here. Thanks for ruining my day, next time think before you act. There is no need to reply to this, but I’m sure you will. You really didn’t need to comment at all, as you weren’t really giving any feedback, if any, not that much. If you had to say something, couldn’t you have said it in a nicer way? Have a good day.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    Degagelemming95 likes this.
  9. If you want to check for yourself, all you need to to is check the levels on your XP bar after you've used and landed the attack. It wont give you a decimal though.

Or at least thats what I think the levels are lmao.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  10. You weren't helping @_Gorgonite at all.

I've helped him in PM more than you ever could here :p

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  11. Heyo!
    As everyone above has stated, a lot of the information on wikipidea is pretty false. You should really contact a staff member or an experienced ssm player in order to get the insight you need on this.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  12. To sum it up, no. It does not matter what item you are holding. Fist does the same damage as the sword. For villager the damage varies on each skill. I think butcher does 8. Blacksmith does 5. Speedster does 4. And normal does 6. I dont know for sure though.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  13. Dunno why this thread suddenly came back to life, but @Eriva did send me a very helpful google document, so if yall wanna strop arguing that would be cool.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 13, 2020
    Evira, TheStudentUnion and pinfoil like this.