• 1489 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4068 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Dadocraft Season 6.5 Recruitment!

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Elu, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Accepted! Please message me on discord at Elu#7253 so we can set up an interview time.

Accepted! Please message me on discord at Elu#7253 so we can set up an interview time!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 14, 2019
  2. [​IMG] IGN: five4ths2

Timezone: PST (Pacific Standard Time)

Discord name and tag: five4ths2#8247

Do u have a mic: Yes

How long have u been playing clans? I started playing clans when it was first released. I took a break for a bit. I came back in season 3, and have played since then.

Previous clans: AllushixV2, DerpArmyL, SealNation, Exentric

How active can you be (Specify weekdays/weekends)? I usually play anywhere from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm on weekdays, sometimes also around 7:00 pm. On weekends, Usually anywhere from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Any time on the weekend.

Champions wins (Screenshot highly recommended): I have 267 Champions wins. (Screenshot wouldn't work, so I put a link to my Mineplex profile stats for you to see!) https://www.mineplex.com/players/five4ths2

Main class that you play on clans: I mainly play brute, but I also am a decent assassin.

What type of clans player would you consider yourself to be? I'm not the absolute greatest at PVP, but I am good enough to beat the average player. I'm consider myself considerably good at building, so I can help with base construction! I'm the kind of player who will help restock, go to events, PVP, and build. I'm willing to do whatever you guys would appreciate!

How can you, personally, contribute to the clan? My skills in building can make the clan base stand out, and also give the clan something to remember. My skills in PVP work very well in team fights, not so well as a solo. I also can solo every single event. (Except Charles Witherton Raid of course.)

Do you have a YT channel/can you record? I have a youtube channel called SealNation, although I haven't posted anything, I am planning to start soon!

Will you subscribe to Dadocraft TV? Absolutely! :D

Do you agree to accept the results of the application and that you won’t argue or spam? Please explain briefly why this is important. I agree. There is no good reason for anybody to argue over an application denial. It just makes the interviews mad and dislikes you a bit more.

Posted Nov 14, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 18, 2019
  3. IGN: uhohsteenky
    Discord: uhohsteenky#9665 w/ available mic
    Timezone: PST

How long have you been playing clans?
    I have been playing clans ever since season 1. The very peak of my time that I put into clans was during season 3. I played off and on in season 4, 5, and 5.5 on less populated servers. Basically, I have been playing for years mostly as a ranger/builder.

Previous Clans: Predator/Vortex and a few more
    I was in a duo clan with DogCraze which went pretty successfully back in season 3.

How active can you be (Specify weekdays/weekends)?
    I can be most active on weekends and Fridays, Mondays, and Wednesdays. I can spend most of the day on Saturday playing clans as well as on Friday. On Sundays, I can play more than a few hours while on Mondays and Wednesdays I can play a few hours. Lastly, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I can be on for 2 to 3 hours. It really all depends on when my essays and projects are due.

Champions Wins (Screenshot highly recommended): Only 1594 wins with barely a 51% WR.
    For some reason screenshots are unavailable but DogCraze can perhaps confirm this? If I get denied, I will try my very best to find some sort of way to get a screenshot for you guys through Discord or another platform.

What type of clans player would you consider yourself to be?
    I typically like a more professional and planned out sort of clan which I am hoping this clan could be. I like things in an organized fashion. Aside from these things, my main class is Ranger because there is just so much power in a Disengage 1/Agility 1 setup for team fights (except for when there are groups of sins). Napalm 4 + Longshot/Sharpshooter are also other reasons why I "main" this class.

How can you, personally, contribute to the clan?
    I can personally contribute the clan by helping defend against certain scenarios that involve us as a clan being "attacked" by other power clans. Another thing that I can help with is fixing up certain areas of the base that are in dire need of adjustments or in dire need of being aesthetically pleasing to the eye. These are only just a few of the many things that I can contribute to the clan.

Do you have a YT channel/can you record?
    I can record during the more passive Mineplex clan's sessions. What I mean by this is that I will be able to record when we are in the base or if I am doing something that does not make my fps drop too much. I also have a YT channel that I only used for hacker reports as well as a Runed pickaxe giveaway when I was "clanning" with DogCraze. He's a cool guy.

Will you subscribe to Dadocraft TV?
    Yes.

Do you agree to accept the results of the application and that you won’t argue or spam?
    Arguing is overall just very unprofessional even though it is prevalent (known), specifically, for being in the Mineplex clan's community. Denial or rejection is a normal part of people's lives and it should never be met with a not so good attitude.

Posted Nov 17, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 17, 2019
  4. Accepted! Please pm me at Elu#7253 so we can set up an interview time.
    --- Post updated ---
    Accepted! Please pm me at Elu#7253 so we can set up an interview time.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 21, 2019
  5. IGN: Curfes

Timezone: EDT (same as est)

Discord name and tag: poolin#9719

Do u have a mic: yes

How long have u been playing clans? since season 4

Previous clans: For the past 2 seasons i was in a clan with my friends and there wasnt really a name because we kept warpoint evading or changing bases or making alt clans then moving to the alt clan.

How active can you be (Specify weekdays/weekends)? weekdays i can be active everyday from 3:30pm est - 10:00pm est. On weekends i can be active from like 9:00 am est and then play all night unless i have an event or something. I only get on if other people are on usually tho.

Champions wins (Screenshot highly recommended): https://gyazo.com/cfa5605af37efc0e6cedf6f038403060

Main class that you play on clans: I main assasssin

What type of clans player would you consider yourself to be? I would consider myself more of a pvper

How can you, personally, contribute to the clan? I can help in team fights and i'm really good at assassin so i can help pvp with you guys mainly. I also can mine alot and help the clan get more rich and better.

Do you have a YT channel/can you record? I can record just my pc got reset and now my recording software doesn't work but i could probably fix it if i took the time to research it.

Will you subscribe to Dadocraft TV? Already am subscribed

Do you agree to accept the results of the application and that you won’t argue or spam? Please explain briefly why this is important. I agree

Posted Nov 21, 2019
  6. Accepted! Please message me on discord so we can set up an interview!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 21, 2019
  7. Thread Moved to Recruitment

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  8. IGN: bxrry_

Timezone: EST

Discord name and tag: coolguy#4881

Do you have a mic: Yes

How long have you been playing clans: July 2019

Previous Clans: 10ed map 2, 10ed map 1, Sumer, and bxrryisgod

How active can u be: 1-2 hours on a weekday, 4-6 hours on a weekend

Champions Wins: /stats bxrry_ but i have 2070

Main class : Sin and brute

What type of clans player are you: Im a passive and safe sin that goes for cleans and 1v1s, and for powerful alliacnes

How can you, personally, contribute to the clan: If i am accepted i can give you some of the items i have in my clan, 10ed, we currently have the most legends on clans 2, and we have the most gear on clans 2

Do you have a YT channel: Yes

Will you subscribe to Dadocraft TV: Yes

Do you agree to accept the result of the application and that you wont argue or spam: I agree because it would demoralize and not be good for the clan that i will end up joining, and it would make people mad at me.

Posted Nov 26, 2019
  9. Denied, thank you for applying but based on your app, you are just not the kind of person we are looking for. Thank you for the application!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 1, 2019
  10. Time and Delusion Embedded in “The Oval Portrait”

Unlike his other works, Edgar Allan Poe focuses on the aspect of disconnect from reality and delusion rather than the spirit of the perverse and the desire to commit unspeakable crimes. It is this detachment from the real world that leads up to the manifestation of the spirit of perverseness in all of Poe’s character, whether it be through the egotistical and maniacal plans of Montresor in “The Cask of the Amontillado” or the brutal omens and ideas that appear to the narrator in “The Black Cat”. Furthermore, all of these stories possess a narrator who degrades over time into this self-destructive state of mind, similar to that of the characters in “The Oval Portrait”, but in a subdued and far less repulsive manner. Poe expands on this idea through disgust and repulsion created through the narrator’s tone and also a feeling of dread for the spouse that looms in the reader’s subconscious. The motifs of time and delusion are also enveloped in the story, revealing the damage possible due to mindless disregard. In “The Oval Portrait” Poe explores the idea of unwavering focus and determination and the harm that can be caused by it, creating the unity of effect of scorn towards someone’s actions of excessive dedication.

The tone of Poe’s narrator creates a feeling of contempt for the artist and his values, establishing the fate of those who are held dear by the artist in the eyes of the reader. He is first described as having “grown wild with ardor” and passion for his work rather than for those he holds dear, portraying him as egotistical subconsciously and without intent. This triggers an emotional flurry within the reader, to see a man with countless gifts discard of them in his “ardor” for perfection. Furthermore, Poe depicts his wife as “a maiden of rarest beauty, and not more lovely than full of glee”, almost as if she was that of a fairy tale or princess, with the artist being the villain she inevitably falls for. This tone of pity is furthered by her actions of unfaltering love when she goes day in and day out, posing and pining as her husband paints away. Poe goes as far as to say that “the tints which he spread upon the canvas were drawn from the cheeks of her who sate beside him”, as though the painter was sucking her soul away. Unlike Poe’s perverse characters who murder with glee, the artist is portrayed as if he too is being sucked away into the canvas along with her. The tone suggests that affection is long gone, not due to petty disagreement, but instead because of the desire to perfect the imperfect. Poe’s tone of disdain toward the artist amplifies the idea of danger in perfection, or at least attempting to achieve it at the cost of others.

Poe’s motifs of time and neglect in “The Oval Portrait” amplify the actions of the artist by exploring the consequences of his behavior. The once beautiful wife is soon described as “[growing] daily more dispirited and weak” from time slowly gnawing away at her soul, dragging her away from the living. This constant degradation over time is much like a world moving at twice the pace. Instead of winter coming far after summer, the constant pain inflicted on the wife makes the cold appear earlier and earlier, only bringing the inevitable closer and closer. The “fervid and burning pleasure” taken by the painter represents the neglect that overtakes him as he pursues an artwork rivaling life itself. This pleasure soon controls him and he forgets about his dying spouse, who is too gentle and caring to save herself from him. This neglect was his perverseness, controlling him as it did the narrator in “The Black Cat” when he commits those gruesome acts and Montresor in “The Cask of Amontillado” when his ego and desire to be unrivaled result in Fortunato’s murder. The neglect was a far gentler form of the brain going against itself when compared to these, but it still the same concept. The motif of time is once again shown with the artist painting “day and night to depict her”, but rather than compassion, this act is less about his wife and more about him being able to achieve his quest to create a painting to rival life itself. The time could also be interpreted as symbolizing a flower wilting or an impending end, which could apply to both the artist’s sanity and the wife’s physique.

Although the artist in Poe’s story is viewed as a harmless individual, contrary to those of other Poe stories, the perverseness still controls him in his own, non-violent way. The lack of restraint from him is his perverseness, while it was murder for the other narrators. Similar to the other narrators, the narrator of “The Oval Portrait” is delusional when he enters due to his wounds, creating the same effect of unreliability, but for different reasons. Poe’s story serves as a differentiator between the criminally insane characters of his other stories and the common people. The spirit of the perverse is shown to be a force that appears no matter what the circumstances, even to the point where it could subconsciously be within the reader, lurking and waiting to be recognized.

Posted Dec 1, 2019
  11. It can also be mentioned that his depiction of the wife in "The Oval Portrait" is meant to reference his own wife who was dying of a bacterial infection known as wasting disease at the time; though more commonly recognized as tuberculosis. Poe projects his feelings of sorrow and dismay about his wife into "The Oval Portrait" as can be made evident from lines such as, "while he yet gazed, he grew tremulous and very pallid, and aghast, and crying with a loud voice, 'This is indeed Life itself!' turned suddenly to regard his beloved:—She was dead!" (TOP 98).
    Furthermore, Poe's dread and somber tone throughout his work can be perfectly epitomized by the original title of "The Oval Portrait", "Life in Death". Poe is recalling the final moments of his beloved wife's existence and how he has to deal with her tragic death alone, driving him to the point of utter insanity.

I love your analysis! It is very thorough and well-written. I would say to find more connections between Poe's personal life and try to incorporate that into your piece. However, I found no major issues in it. Wonderful job!

While I do like your take on "The Oval Painting," this is not the correct place the write about that. This thread is meant strictly for Dadocraft Clan applications and we would prefer it if all posts correlated to the title and subject. If you are looking to discuss your critical analysis a bit further, please feel free to message me on discord at Elu#7253. Have a good night sir!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 4, 2019