• 226 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6103 Players Online
  • 5877 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

CW SOLO MODE RN

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by primitlve, Jan 27, 2021.

1. i gotchu

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 29, 2021
  2. Hello,

I would love to see solo Cake Wars! I think it would bring a more competitive side towards the server. Awesome idea.

Kind regards,
    Labis

Posted Jan 29, 2021

3. I'd play with you but always I trust you there's FALSE out of context screenshot around there

Posted Jan 29, 2021
  4. CW Solo is almost certainly going to Bedrock. It has been heavily requested, and it was featured in the holiday event on Bedrock, which shows that Gyro is willing to add it. Also, on the discord there was a literally a poll about if people like to see CW solo come back in the future, separate from the other winter event based polling. I don't think they would do that unless they had future plans for the game. And of course, it was voted heavily in favor of returning.

Posted Jan 29, 2021
  5. DeanTM denied it for the reason of dividing the playerbase as stated earlier in the thread, so it's never going to come as a permanent game(but it still has hope for events) unless he changes his mind somehow.

Posted Jan 29, 2021
  6. Unless he made this decision after the winter event, I doubt it wouldn't get re-added. As we saw during the winter event, it didn't slow down the queue times and it didn't really split up the playerbase. Also, why would they specifically poll this one game outside of all the others if they didn't have plans for it in the future?

Posted Jan 29, 2021
  7. No no, he made it very recently. And I don't know why either but this is their decision.

Posted Jan 29, 2021
  8. Hey! Firstly, I've gone ahead and moved this thread to the New Game Discussion section of the forums. But now onto my thoughts: I've seen this topic brought up quite often for both platforms, and truthfully I'm pretty split on how I feel about solo Cake Wars. It did extremely well during the Winter event from what I've heard, and I think an idea like this would definitely be a better fit for the Bedrock platform rather than the Java platform mainly because of the player count.

Regarding the game itself, I can definitely see the point made above about it bringing a bigger competitive aspect to Cake Wars since the game would become a lot more strategic in my opinion without having a team to lean on. However, I think in the long run the popularity has a good chance of dying down in comparison to the initial release of a game mode like this. I only say that because Cake Wars as a whole is pretty team based when you think about the overall objective, though I do see how it could easily be switched to a solo version and a legitimate example being the from the Winter event.

The overall outcome of this is pretty unknown on whether it has a chance or not to actually be implemented. I think in order for something like this to be really successful they would have to accommodate the change from a team-based game to a solo version of the game which would hopefully make the addition to a game like this a bit easier. I know there were some suggestions regarding changes toward this idea as well, but I'm not entirely sure how those suggestions were handled/acknowledged. Overall I do enjoy reading the thoughts on these types of threads and I look forward to seeing some more ideas regarding this topic since it is still pretty popular within the community.

Posted Jan 30, 2021
  9. Sadly It won’t be returning as its own game on bedrock. Someone higher up thought it would
    split the playerbase. I disagree with the decision but theres only so much we can do ):

Posted Jan 30, 2021
    Ryan9116, Gil-galad, VoidNnja and 2 others like this.
  10. I also disagree. CW has been growing a lot. Just 3 days ago I saw CW with 5.5k players. I’ve never in my history on Mineplex Bedrock seen that much players. At that same time, Hive Treasure Wars had 6.3k players. That’s probably the closest I’ve ever seen CW to TW on Hive. As such, I don’t believe it would affect the CW player base that much (Not that you’re saying anything of the sort, I’m addressing MP in general btw), even if we lost 1k players to the solo mode, we would still have much more players on CW then ever before. This is why CW needs a Solo Mode permanently.

Posted Jan 30, 2021
    IWantACookiieee and Gil-galad like this.
  11. You made a good point on why Solo Mode needs to be added

Posted Jan 30, 2021
    Gil-galad likes this.
  12. As much as I would love to see solo CW happen, unfortunately I don't think it will. Upper management is already hesitant to add the mode simply due to the fact that it'll split the currently dwindling playerbase. If Cake Wars gets an influx of new players, then maybe the idea will and hopefully be reconsidered. I personally would love to see solos on the network since I know some people struggle to find a good party. But unfortunately, we'll have to wait to see if management changes their minds. Some posters above me make a good point in that they would also need to accommodate date the game to become solo-oriented, because as of right now it works best as a team game.

Posted Jan 30, 2021
    Paladise and IWantACookiieee like this.
  13. This sounds like a cool idea in my opinion, but i feel like there isn't really a point of this as duo's is part of the game mode anyways! but if mineplex did come out with this I would defo play this!

- Tearfuls <3

Posted Feb 4, 2021
  14. finally, an original idea i can stand behind.

Posted Feb 4, 2021
  15. I too would like to play solo cake wars although I don't believe it will be brought out. They won't add 1s, 2s and 4s for cake wars and they can't really just remove any of the gamemodes now as people have invested so much time into them. I would hope that they would consider this in the future though!

Posted Feb 4, 2021