• 402 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4874 Players Online
  • 4472 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

CW is just unplayable

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by AquaVoltGamer07, Mar 2, 2021.

?

What do you feel about tryhards

1. I am fine with them

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. They are understandable

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. kinda annoying

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. I do not like them

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  5. I HOPE THEY DIE DROWNED NGAAAAAAAAAAAAH

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. I am one of them

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. As players receive experience and practice over the course of a few years they will begin to start tryharding. Not all players are like this but most are. There isn't much you can do to change that besides implement ideas to decrease the amount of tryhards. There are solutions to this, however. The more players you have on your team the higher chance you'll be able to compete against "tryhards." Especially if you outnumber, are coordinated, and have a plan. If you and your team do not sure that you'll be able to obtain a win against the tryhard team best you can do is dodge.

Personally, for me, the gameplay of this gamemode would feel really slow. The reason why I like cakewars is that you're able to rush the side generators and middle generator. The game also encourages you to do so because well you get upgrades! Additionally, there is already a 20-second timer that keeps your cake invincible to ensure side rushing and or rushing, in general, isn't done in such a quick manner. The bullet point and the update notes are seen in the Mineplex Discord under #java-changelog. Generally speaking, I want to be able to grind Cakewars in the fastest time possible, and introducing a 10 minute game may not entice the Cakewars audience which may result in low player counts and higher queue times.

"- Added 20 seconds of cake invincibility at the start of the game"

The idea of matchmaking has been brought up a lot within the community. Personally, I would love to see this but due to our player count, I do believe queue times will be much more longer and increase the average time to queue up significantly. Thus, players may be unmotivated to queue for Cakewars and may play other gamemodes. But there are pros to this, matchmaking puts players in their correct skill level, fixes the "tryhard" issue depending on skill level. But it most likely will not occur just because we do not have the player count to fit this.

Paragraph 2 discusses the invincibility change. It was well needed to decrease the amount of hardcore rushing at the start of the game. Well needed for the sizes of the maps.

Overall the ideas I have mentioned in the first paragraph may be able to solve your issues with tryhard teams. It can be frustrating and I understand I have totally been there. Sometimes we can't win em' all unfortunately that is just how it works. If you have any other ideas in regards to resolving the tryharding issue please feel free to discuss! I will definitely place my opinions as this thread continues!

Posted Mar 3, 2021
  2. Unsorrowful > All Literally goated

Posted Mar 3, 2021
  3. Ok, you made a lot of good points, but also there is something i wanna talk. I kinda like the long game. That is the point. I prefer to fight someone as overpowered as me rather than to fight some random guy with almost nothing. I recently was able to overcome the tryhards amd have a long game and it was EPIC. There were cool battles, the border shrinked, everyone was powered up, it was like the most fun thing ever.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 3, 2021
  4. Sounds to me like you've just gotten better at the game from playing it for so long. I understand that you liked that long game but bear in mind that that was the result of the remaining players electing to not completely play aggressively, and rather bide their time and stock up. I can see that that might be fun but it wouldn't necessarily be a guaranteed thing if players were forced to play the long game.

The Tryhard players you speak of will always find a way to maximize their advantages on you. In this forced long game, again, I can see more skilled players kill farming and essentially detaining players until the cake timer runs out. I can also see more skilled players holding multiple emerald points and the star point captive. These are all problems I can think of just off the top of my head, and I'm sure that there would be more in practice.

Again, I'm glad you had a round where you enjoyed the long game, but correcting for skill won't necessarily ensure that happens every time. If anything, you'd be rushed just as early and instead of being eliminated just killed over and over again. I don't know about you, but I'd rather just be eliminated and move on.

Posted Mar 3, 2021
  5. Regardless of the game mode tryhards will appear and there's really no way to counter them. I like what you suggested to try and counter them but, they will easily find a way to get past them.

Posted Mar 5, 2021