• 2015 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10453 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Customizable Game Presets - An idea for Butch

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by bigboey16, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Customizable Game Presets:
    By bigboey16

I had it all organized then bbcode messed the format up, so I moved everything into spoilers. Also the table bbcode generator I use creates a big gap before the table. Sorry for the inconvience!

Similar to a music playlist where a person chooses what songs they want to listen to, but in this case the player chooses what games they want to have selected instantly.

Left-click a "Game Preset" button, and it automatically queues the player to a set amount of games they have selected.

For example, I could have a "Game Preset" that automatically queues me for SG, Skywars, and Cake Wars.

It is also similar to how the “Mixed Arcade All Games” works except the games chosen are customizable.

Also when you press the “Play Again” NPC it will queue the player to all the games in the "Game Preset" if they used the "Game Preset" join that game.

An Emerald Block would be placed in the player's 8th spot of their hot bar. Located to the left of the titles book. It would be named “Game Presets”.

Alternatively the player’s “Favorite Game Preset” would ALSO be available in the “Quick Compass” underneath the Emerald block. More on how to customize this later.

ALSO accessible through the command "/preset" OR "/gamepreset".

Note: The reason I suggest that ranks get more "Game Presets" is that some community members were upset that ranks were no longer prioritized in game queueing. This provides an alternative for them and incentives more people to buy ranks.

Default/No Rank: 1
    Ultra: 2
    Hero: 3
    Legend: 4
    Titan: 5
    Eternal: 6
    "Purchasable Game Preset": 1 additional "Game Preset" can be bought on the Mineplex store.

Right/Left Click the “Game Presets” Emerald Block, in the 8th hot bar slot, to open up the Main Menu. ALSO accessible through the command "/preset" OR "/gamepreset".

Left click Emerald Block or Diamond Block to automatically queue for the game you have customized for the "Game Preset" or "Favorite Game Preset".

Alternatively, you can open up the “Quick Compass” and then Right/Left Click the “Favorite Game Preset”. It would be located underneath the Emerald block as a Diamond Block.

Right/Left Click the “Game Presets” Emerald Block, in the 8th hot bar slot, to open up the Main Menu. ALSO accessible through the command "/preset" OR "/gamepreset".

Right/Left Click the Gold Block OR Shift-Right Click the Emerald Block.

Customize Menu appears. It looks similar to the games listed on the “Quick Compass”.

Left Click the game to add it to the "Game Preset". It will become enchanted.

Right Click the game to remove it from the "Game Preset". It will become unenchanted.

Shift-Left Click an Emerald Block to set it as your favorite preset.

It will now be available via a Diamond Block at the top of the Main Menu and underneath the Emerald Block in the “Quick Compass” menu.

Note: Make sure to read and understand the Item/Block Key.

Item/Block: Name: Purpose:
    Diamond Block "Favorite Game Preset" To have your favorite "Game Preset" stand out.
    Emerald Block "Game Preset" This is what you click to queue for the games for the preset.
    Barrier "Unavailable Game Presets" It's not owned by the player because they do not have the correct rank OR they did not purchase it from the store.
    Gold Block "Unlocked Game Preset" It is an owned, but not yet customized "Game Preset".
    Bed "Go back" Brings you to the previous menu.
    Name Tag "Rename" Changes name of your preset.
    Random N/A All other blocks and items represent the games on Mineplex. For example, the feather represents Skywars.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note: If you press the Note Block then it brings you to the Mixed Arcade Customize Menu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Posted Jan 19, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 19, 2019
    _TeamCobra_, Sobki, joshbet9 and 3 others like this.
  2. Alright, this is a pretty cool idea, in my opinion. So, just to reiterate the gist, you propose to implement a 'playlist' of games that queues the player automatically for that game. You can add certain presets, the number of presets you can have are based on your rank. If this is wrong then please let me know.

Here are my thoughts. For starters, your idea was incredibly explained with tables and graphics, and was really simple to understand. On the surface, this seems like it would be a simple and great feature to implement as it seems the server would just redirect to the next open game server, like quick join does. As an Eternal, I like the fact that you decided to limit the amount of presets per rank, as bypassing the queue was one of the main reasons I had bought this rank in the first place. However, I feel being able to just buy 'presets' separately would be kind of a waste since you could just buy a rank, and have double the features at a similar price. There isn't much wrong with this idea, but there are a few things I have to nitpick. To begin with, if a game that you have in your playlist does not have other people in the queue, would you still be redirected to that game? Or be brought to the hub to wait. Or, would it just skip to the next game in your playlist. I know people would complain that it would be 'longer' than just normally queuing and what not. Also, these seems it would take an extra bit amount of time to develop, and I would rather the Dev team fix the issues with Butch right now, before adding such another big feature.

Great idea overall!
    +1

Posted Jan 19, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 22, 2019
    bigboey16 likes this.

3. Thanks for your support and feedback. Here's my response to some of your questions/concerns:

Your gist in the first paragraph is correct; however, I just want to clarify one point. The "Game Preset" system will not go down a list of games, it will queue the player for all the games simultaneously. This means that if I have Skywars, Cakewars, and SG all on my preset, it will queue me for all of those games at once. So say the Skywars game starts first, then it will put me in that Skywars game.

The buying of the last preset was a suggestion that could add to Mineplex's revenue for the server. This idea was suggested, and I thought it would be good to add. Another way to replace this could be to give the extra preset to PPC.

The queueing system would work similar to how Mineplex currently has it. You will press one of your "Game Presets", and it will queue you for all the games. In the meantime you will wait in the Lobby until one of the games has enough people to start.

It shouldn't take "longer" to queue for games using the "Game Presets" because it selects all of the games at once. It would actually be faster.

I feel like this feature should be added ASAP because it solves some community members problems/concerns with Butch, and Mineplex is currently focusing on Butch right now. If it doesn't happen soon then it could take months.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 20, 2019
    joshbet9 and Satiate like this.

4. Thanks for your support and feedback. Here's my response to some of your questions/concerns:

Your gist in the first paragraph is correct; however, I just want to clarify one point. The "Game Preset" system will not go down a list of games, it will queue the player for all the games simultaneously. This means that if I have Skywars, Cakewars, and SG all on my preset, it will queue me for all of those games at once. So say the Skywars game starts first, then it will put me in that Skywars game.

The buying of the last preset was a suggestion that could add to Mineplex's revenue for the server. This idea was suggested, and I thought it would be good to add. Another way to replace this could be to give the extra preset to PPC.

The queueing system would work similar to how Mineplex currently has it. You will press one of your "Game Presets", and it will queue you for all the games. In the meantime you will wait in the Lobby until one of the games has enough people to start.

It shouldn't take "longer" to queue for games using the "Game Presets" because it selects all of the games at once. It would actually be faster.

I feel like this feature should be added ASAP because it solves some community members problems/concerns with Butch, and Mineplex is currently focusing on Butch right now. If it doesn't happen soon then it could take months.

Thank you for clarifying that it queues you for all the games at once! Again, this is really neat. This removes my concern then that this method would take longer than just joining a regular queue. Also, I agree that this should be added soon before it is too late. I would hate for this idea to be forgotten as it is quite good. I just have to weigh the reality of the whole feature in my head, and I personally go by the saying “Be grateful for what you have.”

Posted Jan 20, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 20, 2019
  5. I thought of this idea myself which means that many people have also thought of it, this is a must add and I'm glad you made this thread for it.

Posted Jan 20, 2019

6. No problem! Thanks again for supporting the idea. I agree with everything you said in this paragraph.

Thank you so much for your support of the idea. Hopefully, they could add it soon because it would be a great addition to the server.

OP OP
  7. so after reading this, I think that we need to bring moba back so I can get 30million xp

Posted Jan 20, 2019
    joshbet9 likes this.

8. If we add this then the games starting could start quicker. With quicker starting games more players will stay on Mineplex. This then increases the demand for MOBA. This then brings MOBA back!

OP OP
  9. im moving to minepixel

Posted Jan 20, 2019
    joshbet9 likes this.
  10. For future reference, this phrase is used when you describe something about yourself to avoid the notion that you are boasting about yourself. (I’m pretty good at math if I do say so myself)
    But going back to the topic of the thread, I like it...this is the kind of addition that is present in major videogames which use this method of queuing like RocketLeague

Posted Jan 22, 2019
    bigboey16 and Satiate like this.
  11. ok this is epic +1

Posted Jan 22, 2019
    bigboey16 likes this.

12. Thanks for your support on the thread. Hopefully, they can implement it soon.

Thank you, Ben Shapiro, for your support on this thread.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 22, 2019
    _TeamCobra_ likes this.
  13. I see you are a man of culture as well!

Posted Jan 22, 2019
    bigboey16 likes this.