• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Custom Tree Work

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by 5x12 (bren), Apr 8, 2019.

1. 5x12 (bren)

5x12 (bren)

Decided to work on some trees, some larger and smaller ones and some overall terrain.
    (If you have any tips, tell me primarily for structures and terrain - all is appreciated).

Time taken for most of this was 2 hours.
    The rock brush in FAWE is a lifesaver for making those sort of leaves.
    https://imgur.com/a/TK8Fyfc

(If the images are bad, just ask and I'll provide a schematic of it to see for yourself)

Posted Apr 8, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  2. Jaekub

Jaekub

Woah. This is beautiful. Maybe suggest working towards making it a map for a Mineplex game?

Posted Apr 10, 2019
    Jadguar likes this.
  3. 5x12 (bren)

5x12 (bren)

I do have something in mind for a map (if I do submit), it'll be for nanogames and if that gets accepted//positive reception - I'll try something a bit bigger.

Thanks for the support, my guy!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 10, 2019
  4. infinite_bananas

infinite_bananas

I've never seen grass used as leaves before, and I haven't seen flower vines used in a good while. Ggs dude, your trees look amazing!
    if I were to suggest something, I'd try using a mix of jungle and oak leaves for oak trees - that variation can really add some life into a build. I don't know how the grass leaves would work but mixing some tall grass in areas would also have the same effect.
    Again - great job, can't wait to see more of your stuff!

Posted Apr 10, 2019
  5. 5x12 (bren)

5x12 (bren)

Thanks man, I don't tend to use leaves too often at least not variations of leaves. (Prefer glass or something greenish to match).

Thanks for the support! You will see more in the coming future.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 10, 2019
    infinite_bananas likes this.
  6. MlNTY

MlNTY

Yo!
    Your builds look great, to be honest. Aside from others, yes it would be nice to see maps that could be used for Mineplex! I really like the first build (1st & 2nd photos), especially with the shaders! I love the waterfall to pond/lake creation in the center, and the trees provide the sun shade to make me fall into this cool relaxing mood. As for the other builds, they look nice, though the background could use some touch to draw your audience. Other than that, you seem to have a good start to building, so I hope to see some maps in the future! Maybe even you could use some of these small builds you provided here into your maps, which would look nice! Have a nice day!
    ~ Cheers!​

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 7:59 PM
  7. jackattack1597

jackattack1597

Wow I like the first build. I think it would be a good Draw My Thing map if you added a flat vertical area to draw on.

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 8:08 PM
  8. 5x12 (bren)

5x12 (bren)

Thanks man, I'm really glad you enjoyed this,
    I submitted a map earlier yesterday, I made a thread of what it may look like.
    Thanks for the support again, you have a nice day too.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks man, my next map I make might be that.
    Thanks for the support again.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 8:25 PM