• 2164 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10602 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Custom In Game Mentions

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by xLeopard, Mar 1, 2019.

1. In the most recent update a new feature was added where players are pinged in chat when their name is typed. I really like this feature aside from the fact that most people don't call me, or many others that I know, by their full ign. I'm definitely called "Leo" or "Leopard" more than I am xLeopard. So as an addition to the current system, I think it would be neat if players could set 5(?) words which they elect to ping them alongside their ign. A simple GUI accessed by running /mentions where players can click a piece of paper to set a custom mention would be fine. I also understand that this is a mentions system and constantly being pinged by talking to a group of friends for example could get annoying, but players would still have the option to turn off mentions entirely.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    Betrayer, Tea, Evgeen and 11 others like this.
  2. I agree, I don't even call you or most of my friends their full IGNs, so it currently doesn't do much. I think 5 is a good enough number too.

+1

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    pzazz and xLeopard like this.
  3. This is a very simple Idea and I agree with it since a lot of players and my friends call me Skarm or Sammie. Chat can get a little too hectic sometimes and it can be hard to see when a player talks to me. It’s pretty straightforward and as you said, it can be turned off in preferences, so I don’t really see any downsides to this.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  4. I agree with this too. Most people call me Nico for example, so I wouldn’t receive much notifications as people rarely type in my full name. 5 is a good number, it allows quite a few nicknames to be added!

+1

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  5. I just read the update thread and thought of the same thing. I don't see any cons to implementing your idea. Some people call me lili instead of my IGN, so it would be nice to receive pings for both names. I think this could also help staff members if they want to add "mod" or "help" as alerts while they are moderating lobbies. Huge +1 from me :)

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  6. Love this idea, will include it in our feedback report!

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    Tea, Wiz_Techno, Phamtastic and 6 others like this.
  7. Nobody's called me Vocaloiid or A_Vocaloid_Nerd for months, unless it's a random player. Being able to implement a way to ping me with words like "Voca" or "Vocal" would be fantastic. Nice idea!

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  8. It’s like the custom notifications on Slack, I like it. If that is actually possible, I’d be extremely down to see it.

Nice idea, xLeopard ;)

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  9. This is definitely what your thread reminded me about. On Slack, you can set up different keywords which will ping/notify you when those specific words are said in chat.

Anyway, I think something like this would be great to have for the new chat mentions update as for plenty of reasons. Some people have really long names, or names with specific characters that can be hard to type out so having a simple GUI like you’ve suggested to add new words would be awesome! I see how this can be useful for almost anyone, so I don’t see a reason as to why we couldn’t add something like this. Overall, a +1 from me! Keep up the great idea and have a good day. :)

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard and pzazz like this.
  10. Yesss, having this feature would be amazing. I'm sure that loads of people including myself would appreciate it. Like others have mentioned, it reminds me of slack and having something similar to that would be great. Seeing as you can disable it as a whole in /prefs, I see no issue with it being added.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  11. I think this would be great, as many people refer to me as Jake. +1

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  12. I'd love this as I currently can't get mentions because my username is censored in the chat filter.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  13. This would be great! I also think multiple words to be pinged is smart, as there are multiple people with snow in their name

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  14. Cyy
    x

I like this idea +1 all around

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  15. would love this, i know a lot of people who are too lazy to type out cousinss, i won't mention names but aHem, mostly I'm called luKe or cous sometimes coosins :,) anyways, pretty nice idea and i doubt it'd be hard to implement +1

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  16. This is a great idea. It makes more sense, since most people don't call others by their IGN's. I think this is great and I hope this gets implemented, as it would be another great QOL change. +5

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  17. Oh my god, I was actually in-game and I was thinking something similar to this, although if I'm honest... everyone does call me Aftor. But overall, I think this would be a great addition. :))

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  18. Hey there!

This idea really needs to implement because having to add the custom mention is way more reliable to most of the players. I think that it will be a nice QoL change and I do not see any downside with it too. I want to customize my mention such as Pham, Dinorawr, Phamie, and Phamtastical! Overall, I think that it will be a fantastic idea and I totally agree with your idea! Great job that you have! +1

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  19. This idea seems great. Staff members won't get spammed as much, and it will be easier to get in contact with friends, and even people you have never met. Great idea.

+1

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  20. Hello,

Too tired to make a real response but like no one calls me "Wiz_Techno". It's always "wiz" so allowing an alias or two would be absolutely amazing.

ThanksTechno

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.