• 747 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8007 Players Online
  • 7260 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

current state of cw2

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by primitlve, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Hey everyone. I came back to CW2 around a week ago and noticed the drop in player count, when I played (a month or so ago) games could queue in a couple seconds to a minute and had a consistent player count of 200 throughout the day, now you can see CW2 getting beaten by SG and BH. I don't it will go back to normal anytime soon. (the boost of summer may only last a few days/weeks.) I think everyone knows that players are getting bored with the same scenario almost if not all games. I think the admins should add something new and not a minor update to the game so more players would start playing again, that's all for me, have a good day/night. :)

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    Unsympathetic and 90k like this.
  2. Hi!

To begin with, if you have any ideas about changes that could be made to make it more entertaining and fresh for players, please suggest them in the Ideas Discussion Section, they would be much appreciated. With that said, I agree in a sense. The player count has dropped a bit when it comes to CW2, while the numbers on Mineplex seem to be rising if anything. This could be due to what you said, the game being very repetitive. To me, I agree, but I also feel like Standard is just much more enjoyable, it definitely is for me. I'm not a huge fan of playing with that many more teams, it requires you to be on your guard a lot more than you would in Standard, and it in general just makes the game clustered in my opinion. Because of this, whether I'm solo, duo, or in a team of 3-4, I will probably prefer Standard every time because of the gameplay in that way. A change I've thought about suggesting but ultimately decided against was lowering the number to 4 teams of 2. The issue with this would be lobby dodging playing a much more significant role. Because I'm not a huge fan of that idea after thinking it through, I'd love to hear any ideas people have that may help me personally enjoy CW2 more, and ideas that may help the player count in that game grow. But as it is currently, it just really isn't a gamemode for me.

Posted Jun 11, 2021,
    Last edited Jun 11, 2021
  3. Hey there!

First off, thanks for taking the time to make this suggestion! It is true that Cake Wars Duos typically has a more consolidated playerbase when compared to some other games such as Cake Wars Standard, although it does still have a pretty steady number people who play it as of right now from what I've seen. I do agree that the game (and other games in general) could always do with some updates here and there to make it even more interesting and exciting to play, although what happens with regard to that typically falls on the Developer Team. With that, AlexTheCoder (the Development Manager) has said that he will be actively hiring new developers in the near future which may ultimately mean that we start to see more of these types of updates rolling out at some point in the future. If you have any specific suggestions on what could possibly be added to the game then you are more than welcome to bring up some of your specific thoughts under the Idea Discussion section here on the forums, and as always, thanks for sharing your idea!

Posted Jun 11, 2021