• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10747 Players Online
  • 7857 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

CTF Map

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by Paladise, Aug 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earlier, I posted a thread about a Capture the Flag (CTF) map that I was making. I received some great feedback, and decided to incorporate it into my map, along with some feedback from the Map Submissions team.

You can find an Imgur album of my original map here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Added in some trees and obstacles: ARareBlackBear, Map Submissions Team, pwess, cllns
    • Redid Spawn - Added in some decoration, and rearranged spawn points with NPC's
    • Redid Flag Area to become more open
    • Added some blocks on the ground for pathways: Beanowonotanuwu, ARareBlackBear
    • Added in a tunnel system: Beanowonotanuwu
    • Moved refill locations: Map Submissions Team
    • Created another mountain and replaced the house with it
    • Added decoration to both mountains
    • Redid walls: Map Submissions Team, clln
    • Added barriers to top: Map Submissions Team

Link to album after I used the feedback.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Redid spawn and incorporated wool better.
    • Redid paths to cliffs.
    • Removed two restock data points
    • Removed parkour paths to top of waterfall
    • Removed jump paths to top of bridge
    • Redid walls and improved palette
    • Made tunnel systems bigger and more organized
    • Added some grass and decorations/obstacles
    • Redid lake area
    • Added balcony overlooking lake
    • Added vines to get to top of bridge
    • Redid middle path to bridge
    • Made lake more accessible
    • Added walls to top of map
    • Added Lilac's
    • Made tree's transparent
    • Fixed several biome issues
    • (Also removed resource pack for images)

Link to Imgur Album (current version) here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Feel free to give feedback!

For Valiha, TYSM for everything!

Posted Aug 24, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 24, 2020
    Laylq, GAM, Legend998 and 3 others like this.
  2. Hey there! I remember looking through your original post and suggesting some feedback there. This is looking better and better by the day! I might suggest some wooden scaffolding on the sides of the sinkhole walls to gain some height as well as some more trees, buildings, etc. detailing the walls with some "cave homes" that extend like balconies on the walls might really spice things up and change the color of the map completely! keep playing with it because it's coming along really nicely. Looking from the BEV, the ground is a lot of grass and not very much plant life, architecture or otherwise, so you could definitely add more without the map becoming too cluttered. Again, best of luck with your map submission and I look forward to seeing the finished product <3

Posted Aug 25, 2020
    GAM and Paladise like this.
  3. I can see the progress and how much better the map has gotten. Good luck with the map submission, and I'm really looking forward to some new CTF maps.

Posted Aug 25, 2020
  4. Things I would change:

-Decrease the amount of water near the restock inventory at the bottom
    -Make terrain less annoying at the bottom to maneuver around
    -4th to last picture has a rock that is annoying and feel really random
    -The caves are too dark
    -The caves are wayyyyy too small
    -I would actually elevate the entire bottom water part by 2-3 blocks so that it's less of an annoying place to get out of
    -I would also lower the cliffs in the middle cause they're really tall
    -Aesthetically it's hard to tell what the theme is
    -Also map feels really similar to that other map with what's basically the exact same layout with the 2 cliffs on either side and it's separated with gates and underground bits.

Theres probably other stuff I'm missing but that's the major stuff

Posted Aug 26, 2020
    GAM, Kristo and Paladise like this.
  5. I agree with Hillly, I would also recommend smoothing the walls and maybe adding more of a gradient!

Posted Aug 27, 2020
    GAM, Hillly and Paladise like this.
  6. Hey there! Overall, this is a good-looking map, but I am going to suggest what a couple of others above me have suggested as well- maybe smooth the walls a bit. Other than that, the map looks great, and I wish you the best of luck on your map submission!

Posted Aug 30, 2020
  7. the map has definitely improved a lot, but i don't think its your forte. i have to admire your passion and resilience though. -snip-

best of luck,
    luke

Posted Aug 31, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 1, 2020
  8. that aint it homie

Posted Aug 31, 2020
  9. Gamer that's a little harsh
    ._.

Posted Aug 31, 2020
  10. Yeah, I felt like there should be some more buildings, but I don't think I can add any without the map getting too cluttered. I made sure too add some more ferns and plants though.

Ok :D

I was receiving some complaints about not having too many obstacles making it easy for rangers so I decided to put it there. If you have ideas for anything else it might be, feel free to leave more feedback!

Tried to put some more lighting :D

They don't seem that small for me, especially compared to maps with tunnels like Twin Peaks, that Rocky Peak on Hidden Valley, etc. Regardless, I made the tunnel entrances near the middle of the map wider :D

I was trying to go for a medieval theme, do you have any suggestions for what I could add to further it?

All of the CTF maps have 3 major paths typically divided by mountains like Mojave, modernized (the open-modern looking one, might be Polished), Warring Jungles, Eastmire, Oakvale, etc. I tried to follow suit without trying to copy them too much.

Tried to but landscaping isn't my strongest suit :(

Thank you!

Yeah, building isn't one of my strongest suits lol, I think I have 4 denied submissions for that map alone. Nevertheless, I'm utilizing your guys feedback along the Builders Submissions team, and hopefully it will get accepted soon!

Can you elaborate :)

Thanks for the feedback!

And here's what it looks like currently, featuring awesome cinematic skills (just realized I forgot to turn off rp, sorry :( ):

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 31, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 31, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  11. Hey Paladise (:!
    Nice work, it's perfect for CTF. Sheesh, can't remember last time playing it, but in a case where I do end up would want to play on this map. I see people put their comments and feedback on it and I could never come up with any judgement because I normally find maps that have much effort and dedication into. The video was helpful to see it better from that point of view as well thank you. I do wish you the best of luck! It better make the cut or I will be very sad ):
    Keep us updated <3

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  12. Permanently denied:

[​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2020 at 5:24 PM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.