• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9871 Players Online
  • 6981 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

crumble came back to micro battle...

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by souper, Jul 26, 2020.

?

corruption or crumble?

1. corruption was better

2. i like crumble

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. :angryyoda:

so crumble has returned to replace corruption as the map decay mechanism in micro battle. how and why is this a terrible thing:
    - corruption is a skill that players had to learn how to survive the longest by learning the tick (damage interval), block placement, and pvp on a floor that damages you
    - crumble just encourages skybasing to win and angry players to freeze their screen to win games
    - a lot of core players have spent a lot of time practicing and learning corruption and it's unfair to just revert back to crumble now
    - winning by building a pillar at the center of the map doesn't exactly inspire fun nor fast-paced gameplay
    - cheaters can ruin games more easily as they can simply fly around and not fall victim to the crumble while most cheaters were not skilled in surviving corruption
    - archer kit was already relatively unbalanced and now with crumble, it will be even more OP
    - crumble also causes more lag than corruption

please don't do this to us mineplex we were rooting for you we were ALL rooting for you

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    reaLLytired, khosh, kawoshen and 2 others like this.
  2. Literally everyone loves crumble. It's just better.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  3. I agree...

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    souper, khosh, kawoshen and 1 other person like this.
  4. Crumble is more nostalgic, but corruption is the better way to go. If you ever played during the crumble era, there was always someone who F2 spammed to win, and it became very annoying. However, corruption prevented this AND skybasing. I don't understand why mineplex would revert it back to crumble.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    khosh, souper, kawoshen and 1 other person like this.
  5. When corruption first came out, everyone wanted crumble back. After time, it just made more sense that corruption was in the game instead of crumble. It's completely archer reliant, all you need to do is camp until you can shoot people off the world. The corruption got the campers from underground, and the people skybasing. Corruption forced people to fight in the middle. Personally, I'd really like to see the corruption come back to micro battles.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    khosh, bwbbles, souper and 5 others like this.
  6. Corruption is crap and most people know it. Games were too fast and "tick timing" as you put it is just people cheesing out the game by block placing. The game was less of a strategic team battle and more of a melee moshpit of who got cleaned last. Thats why the game's playerbase dropped from like a minimal 70 to a 20-40 peak. Crumble was and is better, thank god it's back.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  7. why crumble is better? 5 reasons with 3 supporting details rn rn

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    Rubre likes this.
  8. Corruption>Crumble.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    khosh and kawoshen like this.
  9. you can run back to ur base with corruption too?? or do u just like getting 1 tapped off the map with a bow \:potato: In my opinion, i think its more easier picking off parties in corruption, cause yknow, crumble isnt tearing down ur tower to the point where parties can just build up and smack u right into the void O_o!! Crumble is legit just camping higher up in mid to see who falls first U_U or u can just screengrab, either or!!
    i would rather take corruption as you can easily clutch from those 1v4s you get all the time, than crumble where you camp for the whole game like youre playing block hunt :l

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  10. Hiya!

I honestly like the crumble better! It reminds me of the good ol’ days where it was my favourite game. I think it just brings me back to when I was younger :)

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  11. It's less about crumble or corruption and more about the speed at which the world rots. it was a constant speed during corruption so games were super fast and there was almost no opportunity to go and defend or regen in your tower. With crumble the decay is not constant and if I'm not mistaken, it starts slower but speeds up towards the end of the game. The tower is alive longer and you aren't forced into the moshpit at mid immediately. I'd also much rather people be hit or shot into the void than having people win by block placing. And also I disagree; its far easier to clutch a 1v4 if you can combo them into the void than if you combo them on the corruption where they don't die immediately.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  12. MB is a mini/and nano game...it’s supposed to be fast paced and quick, crumble just slowed all of that to the skybasers, people who tunneled underground for the whole game, and sometimes u weren’t even guaranteed the win because of screengrabbers :bedrock: idk what mb you’re playing but you have plenty of time to regen on ur base during corruption
    imagine not being able to adapt to simple block placement :potato:hmu if u ever play mb again :] maybe i can one tap u into the void! maybe screen grab if i’m feeling quirky

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    Border likes this.
  13. Corruption is way better in my opinion. Falling blocks creates players to all play mid control and if your not higher than the person, you lose. Now in micro battles, everyone is in the sky or in the little towers depending on the map. Everyone is currently camping and when it comes to the end everyone just flies off the world.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  14. cute.

I completely agree that f2 abuse should be (and Im pretty sure is) punishable, but the enjoyability of the game shouldn't be sacrificed for the sake of a few people abusing f2. You can keep the game mechanics and just punish those who abuse. Corruption is fast enough to the point that you really don't have the time to go back and recover or defend your base against a gank. It decays far too fast for that. And as a Mini (not nano) game, I can agree that it should be relatively fast paced, but what is was for corruption was too fast. The old crumble (not sure how different this one is) was the perfect pacing: 3-12 minute games, fast enough to not get bored, but slow enough to actually enjoy the game. The corruption is just too fast for that, it just became a giant moshpit with the last team to join in cleaning everybody all in under a few minutes. I can understand that you may enjoy that, but myself and many others do not. I find it simply, not fun. Also people digging under is relatively easy to snuff out, and they just lose if you tower so they have little incentive to do that. Skybases I believe are heavily nerfed because the height border was lowered awhile ago and it's super risky to stack up and create without being shot down or have another team stack up and fight you. Regardless, I faaaaar preferred the old way (and I hope current) of slow crumble, full kit viability, and the occasional camper than the v2 fast corruption.

Posted Jul 26, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 26, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  15. With corruption, there was plenty of time to regen. Now with crumble back there’s almost no point in rushing as there is always a party above you just waiting to either clean you or win simply by being up there. Skybasing is overly viable now and annoying to deal with every single game. Also, it’s not the occasional F2 spammer. People who play the game regularly are aware of the tediousness of dealing with floaters daily. Worker has now been reduced to a skybaser kit as any competent player knows the going underground never works. The height limit can affect a skybase’s effectiveness but not nearly enough to the point where people won’t do it. Like I said before, people who play regularly are more aware of how often certain strategies such as skybasing are used. It has only been a single day since crumble came back and without fail, there will be players skybasing in a round and 70% of the time they end up winning. Anyway, like many regular players, I find it annoying that people who don’t even play the game think their experiences can speak for and decide a game’s mechanics.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    Grant138, kawoshen and souper like this.
  16. I just can't comprehend why you guys think 40 seconds after walls drop is enough time to go back and heal or avoid a clean. If you go and have an initial fight at drop and most of ur team dies and you retreat to avoid a clean, you cannot go into or stack on ur base during corruption, because the decay was already past the back of the building. I played a little bit yesterday and saw no (successful) skybasing but I guess thats just been my experience with it, Ill have to play a bit more of the new update to see if I think that's really a problem. Rushing is still perfectly viable (especially if you wall hop), it's just now that isn't the only viable strategy. It allows for those of us who don't four stack to actually have some sort of counter to being ganked.

And as It seems like you don't think I play the game, I would like to inform you I have around 2.3k wins and probably double that games played, which isn't nearly leaderboard level, but I think is still more than enough to have an informed opinion- I've played both variations a bit and I strongly favor crumble.

Posted Jul 27, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 27, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  17. I was pleasantly surprised at the addition of crumble for nostalgic reasons at first, however, I do see the issues that it may bring with it. In the rounds I've played since the new update, I've had a lot of fun with the change. The games feel longer which creates less rush, something I've found to be enjoyable. While it's valid that sky basing would be an annoying meta, in the experiences I've had with crumble most recently, this isn't something I'm seeing every game or even in most games. Would increasing the time it takes for corruption to finish be a better change? I could see that appealing to both ends as a middle ground.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    Young_Inventor and SpitefulNick like this.
  18. Just because rushing isn't the only viable strategy anymore, doesn't automatically make the Crumble bad. I think that the Corruption favored rushing way more than it should have. The crumble allows for a variety of strategies, and makes it so the the Archer and Builder kits are viable again. It makes it so Micro Battle isn't a game just about mindlessly rushing the other teams. It takes strategy, and planning. It will take some time for people to re-adjust to the Crumble, and I think it will benefit the entire Micro Battle community in the long run.

Posted Jul 27, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 28, 2020
  19. I've seen skybasing in most of the games I've played thus far. I've also been knocked off the map multiple times by archery and I miss being able to escape a fight that my team loses by running into corruption and popping out on the other side. It is much better and more balanced gameplay with corruption, specifically because the bottom and top portions of the map corrupt first before the ground layer, making skybasing still possible but not a guaranteed win. It makes zero sense to me to reintroduce crumble.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 27, 2020
  20. Clearly we have just had different experiences rushing while corrupt was in the game, as I found it relatively easy to make a push on a team and either retreat and then play safe, or go up, even if your team died. Corrupt really didn't move that fast, and corrupt in the back does not matter if you can just add more to the sides facing toward the middle. If you voted for the right maps you were able to have maps with accessible blocks no matter what kit, allowing you to bridge out if need be. You could then stay up on the tower and bide your time to heal or wait for an opportunity to attack. Corrupt moved slow enough on some maps that you could get as much as a full stack of blocks on top after pushing a team and going up, so it really didn't hurt your chances of being safe after rushing.

Posted Jul 27, 2020