• 1406 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12954 Players Online
  • 11548 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Criticizing/Bad things in mineplex survival mode

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Andmes, Mar 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1. The staff are scared of the nether and end items because its unobtainable even tho they wont let us get to the end and nether dimension

2. That 16 × 16 claim was a lie, It sometimes dont claim blocks from different Y level, I remember there was claim that only claimed 3 by 3.

3. They have done 1 reset on the past and NOTHING was fixed :)

4. You can't delete claims making it laggy when you claim

5. Some claims just took over some of my claimed land forcing me to abandone that base

6. LACK OF BLOCK/ITEM OPTIONS BECAUSE THEY BANNED HALF OF HE VANILA ITEMS FOR DUMB REASONS

7. Theres no naturally generated structure because again THEY BANNED IT FOR DUMB REASONS

8. Sometimes you still get teleport request even your tp request is off

9. Mobs rarely spawn, I created a half mob farm but it only gave me F O U R ROTTEN FLESH IN 3 MONTHS

10. People can't repair stuff because ANVIL IS USELESS THEY DISABLED ALL THE USE OF ANVIL

11. Theres only 3 era, Begining, Middle, R E S E T

12. Stuff that can go to claimed stuff like Lavacast, Extending redstone, and Fireball.

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    thawazp and CursedPvPYT like this.
  2. Do you have a fix to any of these problems? Or if your just reporting bugs this isn’t the right place.
    1. I don’t think they’re scared of it
    2. Claims claim one chunk not 16x16 around you.
    3.Sadly they have a reset planned so say good by to all of your builds now.
    4. That is a bug and I’m sure it has been reported in the past but still report it I guess.
    5. Could be a bug so report it but I’ve never seen someone’s else claims go over mine.
    6. No Comment
    7. I’m guessing they didn’t make structure because of the way the survival world is made up of many different servers.
    8. I’ve had that happen and it’s a pretty common bug but still report it.
    9. I have seen a regular amount of mobs so it could just your area or farm.
    10. I don’t know the reason behind this but wish they would renable them.
    11. I don’t know what you mean by this one.
    12. That is true.

Posted Mar 3, 2021
  3. 11 means they will reset again and again and again

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 3, 2021
  4. Do you have anything to support the staff are scared? It seems uncalled for. As for the end and nether, I suspect that would be something that would be added in a future content update. I know that it's been highly requested by the Survival community and probably is something that is or will be worked out.

Unless claims don't protect chunks, that sounds like a bug. Have you reported this to QA team and are you able to reproduce it? It'd be very helpful to have a video or anything like that showing that a claim is only 3x3 blocks.

I might be wrong about this, but the past reset was to combat the amount of hacked items that were in-game. However, with item spawning patched, if Mineplex were to go the route of a reset, then a reset would fix this. If you're referring to bugs, I would say that the past reset was not intended as a content/fix update.

This is a bug that has been reported to the QA team and it is something that the QA and development team are aware of. It will most likely be patched in a future content/bug fix update.

Likewise, this also sounds like a bug. You should report these type of bugs so that Quality Assurance and the development team are aware of this and can fix it.

If you're referring to the Survival item spawning fix update a few months(?) ago, then the update only removed certain blocks. If you're asking for those blocks back, it's not feasible or planned imo and there isn't really a clean way of giving everyone their items back. If you're referring to other blocks, Mineplex is currently in 1.12. Personally, I would love to see Mineplex upgrade to something more recent like 1.16 but that would take a while, but I think it would be worth it. However, if you're asking about blocks that would appear in the overworld but aren't appearing in Mineplex Survival, that's because Survival is stuck on 1.12 at the moment as introducing blocks from higher versions would break backwards compatibility.

Do you have any evidence to show that they banned it? If anything, I just think it wasn't implemented. I don't see any changelog that specifically says "banned naturally generated structures."

Yeah, it can happen. But much like the other points I made above regarding bugs, you should be forwarding those to QA.

Yeah, I agree. Mobs are definitely lacking in Survival and I think that the spawning of them needs to be buffed.

Sounds more like a bug to me than purposely disabling them. If you're referring to naming, that's intentional as you can name things inappropriately. That's one of the reasons why you can't rename items in SkyWars.

Sounds like a Minecraft world to me. You play it, get to the endgame content, do everything, and start a brand new world and relive it. Although, this is more of a opinionated response, but you can't satisfy everyone. There's always going to be a side that disagrees with a change. Not to say that we should be ignoring them, but I think that it would be more beneficial to reset than not reset and keep all of these wacky blocks in the overworld. (e.g. bedrock above ground) Again, this is more of an opinion and you're free to have your own.

Absolutely, yeah. I don't like that either. But I would assume that this would be something a content update would fix.

Seeing as you are an avid Survival player, if you're willing to be respectful and courteous of others, you should join the Game Insights Discord. It's a pretty wacky place and Game Insights works directly with the developers and community to create exciting new game updates. If you're willing to be chill and you're interested, you should join the Discord. I don't have a link myself, but you can ask any category leader for Game Insights and they can forward you an invite.

Posted Mar 3, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 3, 2021
    Jylie, MC_Minium, Dulciloquy and 2 others like this.
  5. Number 6: I wasn't asking for update, Like why they banned stuff that dont even cause harm

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2021
  6. If you're not asking/suggesting things for an update, then I don't see how this can be constructive criticism. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. But the items they removed caused an unfair advantage and weren't available in the base game. Regardless of if you agree with it or not, asking for why they were banned won't really solve the issue of them being removed or not being implemented. It just serves to create unnecessary conflict and toxicity, and as I previously stated, there's no clean and feasible way to introduce them back without a content update.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
  7. jdk

jdk

You also stated that they caused an unfair advantage. The only items that give an advantage that can negatively impact other players were items with high levels of looting and flame bows. However, flame bows have not been removed.

Posted Mar 4, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 4, 2021
  8. Before he says you need to go to the end an adapted version could work for the floor in the overworld.
    Also before the video gets edited out.

Posted Mar 4, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 4, 2021
  9. wELP, I am currently taking a break from Minecraft(Currently playing Adopt Me in Roblox) and this happened. Well, I can fully accept the reset. We can't stop it now.
    And, also, we've been telling Mineplex to change something in Survival but nothing happened, so until something happened good in Survival, I'll be playing Adopt Me in Roblox. And, oh, and I got a ride panda from someone! Ty for trade!

And also, dont criticize me for accepting the reset. Ye, the reset does nothing but even if we say bad things weigh out the good, we cant stop so, lets just see what happens :)

Posted Mar 4, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Mar 6, 2021
  10. As our Forum Guidelines state, if you're going to post criticism, you need to accompany it with possible solutions. This is known as constructive criticism rather than just plain criticism, as this post conveys. These guidelines can be found here and here's an image of that specific guideline:
    [​IMG]

Since this post is just straight up criticizing Survival and not even attempting to offer possible solutions or changes, I'm going to be locking it. If you'd like a thread like this to stay open for possible discussion, I'd suggest you post a new thread, following all of our forum guidelines.

Thread Locked | Violation of Forum Guidelines.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 and Jylie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.