• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7351 Players Online
  • 4461 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Creeper needs a BIG nerf

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by JusticeDeBouwer, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Endy is litteraly the most buggy kit in the games history. With being able to sprint attack and blink while holding cauldrons. With the ability to send 9 damage blocks (which are easier to land than sulphur) flying across the map so fast that its almost hitscan.

Zombie is mostly op because of its melee being super powerful despite it being a range kit. Zombie without its arrows would still be better than half of the kits because of death grasp and melee.

Posted Jul 15, 2020
    _NameTag_ likes this.
  2. no

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 16, 2020
  3. Yes it is.

While I also agree with you that creeper is overpowered, things like enderman and zombie are as well.

This is true, a good zombie or enderman is a pain to fight. But the thing about creeper that is most annoying for me is how anyone can get the hang of it so quickly and just be able to send you to the void with one sulfur bomb. In my opinion, creeper has such a low skillcap and it already gives super good results from sulfur bomb alone. Whereas with enderman and zombie, they are very powerful but they're less of a problem for me because I don't usually see a lot of people who are that good with them, unlike with creepers. However, I still agree with you and think that zombie and more importantly endy need nerfs as well. But creeper probably needs one more because I feel like its powerfulness is way out of line with its skill cap

Posted Jul 16, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 16, 2020
  4. I have doubts that you play the game that much, because a good Zombie will destroy a creeper with 0 difficulty as just a few arrows and the creeper is toast. And an Enderman could demolish it's hearts in like 5 melee hits and a block toss...

I think the reason why you're having so much trouble with the creeper is because you are using a kit that doesn't have the best recovery, has a move like target laser and Water Splash easily countered by 1 sulphur bomb, and that pulling a creeper towards you activates their lightning shield so you can't really combo well even with Hook+Water Splash.

So basically... Use another kit, become a God or do both.

Posted Jul 16, 2020
  5. A "good" zombie, you don't even need to practice to become "good" at creeper.
    I played since 2016.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 17, 2020
  6. I disagree, I can beat most creepers pretty easily but the ones that use the kit the most often are definitely much better at using it. The skill cap may be smaller but it does exist. I can use enderman much easier than creeper and I don't use enderman. There are many kits that are easy to pick up and play. I do see it as a very strong kit but it's not like other stronger kits don't exist. If you're using guardian to fight a creeper that's decently good you're not winning, it's just not gonna happen unless your melee is godly.

And I have played on and off since 2014, but length of playtime doesn't really matter tbh. Because I still don't know how good you are, even if you are really good some kits just counter certain kits.

Posted Jul 17, 2020
    Diemolis and Kenshin_William like this.
  7. Yeah I see where you're coming from and definitely agree. If you were to remove LS, I would prefer that the Creeper's armour be increased by 1 to compensate. This is assuming, of course, that sulphur bomb be nerfed at the same time

Posted Jul 17, 2020
  8. I don't have much of a problem with LS on creeper, because yes- it does shutdown the majority of worthwhile strategies for many kits, but at the same time, creeper would be under powered without it. Lets be honest, explode is just not a very good move. It does a lot of damage, but only if you stay right inside it, and you can't just use it willy nilly because it makes creepers extremely vulnerable for a short while.

I do have a problem with sulfur bomb. Not with its damage or knockback, but really just its cooldown. A lot of the counterplay against good creeper mains relies on either A. Being a ranged kit and just shooting them forever- or B. if your a melee kit, then you play around the timing of creepers LS and cooldowns. The problem is just that Sulfur bomb is like always up. It recharges so fast that creepers can shutdown every engage by landing sulfur bomb every time.

If it were to receive a nerf, I would lightly increase the cooldown to sulfur bomb to create wider opening between its uses. This would make it so creepers wouldn't have the option of playing constant aggro knowing they can sulfur bomb at any time to shutdown their opponent.

Posted Jul 19, 2020